musicmaster

[Free Script] Prestools Suite: Mass Edit, Order Edit And Much More

This script was installed on my website back in november 2014 and I have used it for category and description updates, but today, I started to do metadescription updates and encountered a problem. The meta descriptions don't update. When I submit the row for update I get the following message:

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in/home/*****/public_html/******/mass_edit/product-proc.php on line 275

Finished successfully!

Go back to product-edit page

Despite saying that it finished successfully, nothing updates. Consequently, I have two questions. First, is there a simple way to fix this? Perhaps, I am doing something wrong. If not, perhaps the newest version would work better, so how do I access the admin folder to install it? 

Edited by dorian821 (see edit history)

#musicmaster (@laziali: I don't understand you. Why should someone have duplicate names?)

You should not have, but my csv quality is low. Names are now imported like that:

{type}{brand}{color} and as i have more than 10k products its possible to find 2or3 lets say "woman jacket adidas in white"

i am lookin for a way to find does duplicates more easily and get rid of them.

any way its just suggestion, your script is great as it is:) 

@dorian821: 

- first of all: never publish the name of your admin directory and the directory where Triple Edit is installed. That is a security precaution.

- it helps when you tell which Prestashop version you are using.

- the script is regularly updated. So it is indeed the best solution first to try to update Triple Edit to the newest version. You can overwrite all the files except for Settings1.php where you have defined your login data. You should compare the content of the new settings1.php with the old version. If variables have been added you should combine the two.

- "how do I access the admin folder to install it?" I am puzzled by this question. How did you install the original version? Just do it the same way.

Hi, maybe I don't see the option but is it possible to change font size on product description, I don't see how to do that ?

Change font size?

I suppose you mean in the datafield and not in Triple Edit itself. 

In that case you need to apply html: <p style="font-size:500%;">Hallo</p>

@laziali: you can do that with mysql. Think of "group by name" and count(*) > 1.

However, that goes beyond support of the script. 

@musicmaster

Thanks. I am using prestashop 1.6

Regarding the previous install, I didn't install it, my web developer did, but isn't available to do it now, so I need to learn to do it. I am new to web development in general. The readme instructions say to copy it into the admin folder/subfolder. Is this done through an ftp program like filezilla? or is the folder accessible on the prestashop backend or cPanel?

Change font size?

I suppose you mean in the datafield and not in Triple Edit itself. 

In that case you need to apply html: <p style="font-size:500%;">Hallo</p>

You added a nice TinyMCE editor in Triple Edit, but no font size in it, can you add it to Tiny MCE inside Triple Edit ?

Sorry, I don't understand enough of TinyMCE to get that working.

You can add the following two lines to TinyMCE.init() at about line 995:

fontsize_formats: "8pt 9pt 10pt 11pt 12pt 26pt 36pt",
toolbar: "undo redo pastetext | styleselect | fontselect | fontsizeselect"

Remember that each line - except for the last - must end with a comma.

This works. However, this will take out other parts of the menu. So I will leave it out.

If you have any suggestion how to solve this please let me know.

Hi :) Thank you so much, you are the best !

TinyMCE-deluxe works like a charm, I can change all my font size quicly on 773 products because of you :D

Thanks again !

Hey, i think it would be perfect if people also could edit wholesale price.

You can. It's in the extras menu.

What is the difference between 0.99 version and the most recent one is that something 0.99 had and most recent one dont has?

Thanks for your contribution!

I've already bought a plugin and I am satisfied.

I wanted to ask if you can add the "supplier_reference" field in the product sheet.

Thank you

You can already edit the supplier reference with the plugin. But I am not sure what you mean with the "product sheet".

Hello musicmaster

great to see you take some of our suggestions and improve the script so much

I have another sugestion (request?):

This might be tricky... Managing the Specific prices of a product.

Doing it in the BO is a nightmare, did you ever tried it?

After a Specific Price is created its impossible to edit it, we are forced to delete it and create a new one.

The worse part is, if we want to make a specific price rule to 20 countries we will need to create and edit 20 specific prices rules, as prestashop does not handle specific prices by Zones, only countries.

Would be a great feature,

Thanks a lot,

Specific prices is already there - under the name "Discount". It is one of the parts that is for pay but you can try it out how it works.

Hi

while entering web site address http://www.mydomain.com/adminfolder/tripledit/order-edit.php

i received following message

You may not use this script from IP Adress: which is my ip add show here.

before it was working properly but i didn't use from last 15 days and today i try to open tripledit i got above message

please solve this issue

Thank you

Hi hdp2101,

In the file settings1.php you can restrict from which ip addresses the script may be used. This is a security measure. If you do not set the ip address you will get a nagging popup when logging in. 

My guess is that somehow your IP address has been changed by your provider. So you should download the settings1.php file from the server, edit it so that it contains your ip address and then upload it again. 

Regards,

M

Hello musicmaster!

Thank you for this excellent script. I wanted to ask you if in the future it will be possible to add a discount as a percentage instead of as "value".

Hi Peppe,

Nice to hear you like it. 

It is already possible to add a discount as a percentage. All options of PS are also in the script. 

M

post-302430-0-46905100-1427971785_thumb.jpg

This is not supported in order-edit. And there are no plans to support it either. Think of order-edit as something simple. It helps you to get the job done but without any bells and whistles.

Hey, thank you for the script it is great. I am just wondering if it is possible to export product data via the script, I am particularly curious about product descriptions, as they don't seem to be available in the back end of prestashop.

Thanks!

Yes, you can export with the script. There is a CSV button for that. See also the manual.

Dear Musicmaster !

I used your script, a lot of helped me, thank you !

But I have a problem in the csv export.Some products name have " marks, and because of this sometimes excel badly import the csv, and the columns confused.

So I would like to ask, where can I change the Text delimiter to another mark, like * ?

I will have a look at it when I find time. 

In the meantime I suggest that you rename your .csv file into .txt. Unlike Openoffice Excel has the bad habit of usually not asking what separators you are using. By renaming the files into .txt it will force Excel to ask for them. Further on it processes the file the same.

Possible, yes. However, you are the first one to ask for it and it is a bit complicated to make. So I have no plans to implement it.

hi,

first of all thank's for your contribution.

There is a way to cancel multiple combination with triple edit?

hi,

first of all thank's for your contribution.

There is a way to cancel multiple combination with triple edit?

No, at the moment you cannot create or delete combinations with the script.

Had an error with installation on PS 1.6.0.14

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/mysite/public_html/presta/admin123/triple/approve.php on line 45

What PHP version are you using? This looks like you are still using version 4.

I am using PHP Version 5.5

Always my luck, things just don't work :) 

From what I can see it looks good, documentation is always a welcome bonus. So many developers forget this crucial piece of information

Had an error with installation on PS 1.6.0.14

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/mysite/public_html/presta/admin123/triple/approve.php on line 45

mysqli_connect() is just a plain PHP command that comes with the standard installation. Did you by some coincidence disable the mysql commands in php?

mysqli_connect() is just a plain PHP command that comes with the standard installation. Did you by some coincidence disable the mysql commands in php?

I don't think so...don't stress will keep chugging on manually

Hi musicmaster , thanks a lot for your script .

We need to add mass update of EAN for combinations. Do you plan to add your source code to some git based repository so we may sumbit a PR ? 

It is already there. Almost all fields can be mass-updated. However, you see only the fields that are selected at that moment.

I have no plans for github. 

It is already there. Almost all fields can be mass-updated. However, you see only the fields that are selected at that moment.

I know but we need to fill the ean with incremental values like OURPREFIX0001 , OURPREFIX0002 etc... plus adding the Key number at the end of each EAN 13.

I know but we need to fill the ean with incremental values like OURPREFIX0001 , OURPREFIX0002 etc... plus adding the Key number at the end of each EAN 13.

Such things take typically two to ten lines of code. The question is how you can insert that in such a way in the standard version that you won't make the interface less comprehensible.

I'm trying to encrypt the password following your instruction, i,ve sucessfolly generated the md5 hash and now i need to put it in the login1.php but where exactly, would you give an example please.

when i generate the md5 hash with md5.php i see the hash and this message: You should insert this hash into the source of the file 'login1.php'

but if i have to put it in the settings1.php please specify where with an example, in the settings1.php I've changed the false to true.

when i generate the md5 hash with md5.php i see the hash and this message: You should insert this hash into the source of the file 'login1.php'

but if i have to put it in the settings1.php please specify where with an example, in the settings1.php I've changed the false to true.

Sorry, I hadn't looked at that file for ages. I will update the text in the next version.

You can put the encrypted password on the place of the normal password.

Is it possible to make the table cell longer when editing, because sometimes they are just too short to key thing confortabelly

Is it possible to make the table cell longer when editing, because sometimes they are just too short to key thing confortabelly

You can change the size of most most cells (see picture). In the latest version - 1.07d - you can even change the size of the mass edit field.

post-302430-0-37618900-1431938409_thumb.jpg

Product Edit is most popular, so that is where the innovation happens. Category Edit is always a bit behind. If you want it there I will put it on the wish list.

Hi musicmaster!

I found your topic, I believe I already read all the 39 pages, but i can't find the installation instructions... can you help?

Cheers!

Post #1 of this forum post contains installation instructions. There is a readme file with installation instructions. There is also a manual that you can download. But to be complete I will copy the main part here:

Triple-Edit is a script – not a module. So installing it as a module will not work.

Instead you should copy the files into a directory under your admin directory. This location was chosen because Prestashop protects this location from scanning by search engines.

Once you have copy the files you can start working. The default login data are username “demo@demo.com” and password “opensecret”. However, you are strongly advised to change these data in the file settings1.php. There is an option to encrypt the password that is explained in the that file. For further security you can specify there from which ip addresses the script can be used.

You can start with any of the program files. Most people start with product-edit. You run the program in your browser by typing an url like “www.myshop.com/admin123/triple/product-edit.php”. 

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have a problem logging in, i set the ip address restriction with my ip, and all worked fine for a while. than i activated cloudflare and strange things started happening, your script tells me: You may not use this script from IP Address: ???.???.???.??? the ? is an ip address which it's not mine, and searching those numbers (because more than one) i thought they were cloudflare, so i deactivated cloudflare, but i still get the same numbers which i repeat it's not my ip,  Does this mean i need to add my hosting server ip and cloudflare once too? shouldn't it only check my ip?

Found the problem, it was railgun, i also have railgun with cloudflare, and even if i deactivate cloudflare, railgun was still on, so i first deactivated railgun and than cloudflare and it worked. so i guess you can put a warning that if people use railgun they cannot restrict the ip, or need to add those too. 

Railgun in an extra option i don't know how popular is it, but yes cloudflare i think it is, and i don't think you should do anything about it just remember if anybody else has this problem, they need to deactivate cloudflare. What i don't understand is how it takes their ip and not mine  

Hi all,

I think the script is amazing!!! Great job!

I installed it to edit mainly quantities . I'm trying to edit the quantities of some products, but even if I saw the video and I follow the some procedure described , Imnot able to have effectively changed any qty

In detail:

Edit -> Qty then I change the value displayed and then in the last column click on submit. The backgournd colour is ok and I don't get any error message but.....

The quantity is displayed as changed.  :( but then going back to the edit product home I see again the initial value for quantity and also in presta back hand it remains the some inital value.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

To log in I'm using crediatials that are different both from presta BOH and sql. Is this the mystake?

Thank you in advance for any help

Boris

Hey Boris,

Don't forget to SUBMIT after the changes, to make them permanent.

Hi Jopabe,

as detailed above, I SUBMIT after changes, the changes are accepted by the script but are not saved in db I suppose because going back to product home the qty reported are the same with the initial one, I mean before the chnages I applyed

This is my problem

Thank you for your suggestion :)

B.

Are you using advanced stock keeping? That is not supported by the script.

Hi Musicmaster,

it was the case. I forgot that even if I don't use the advanced stock managment, I can't understand how it works, it was set on in Prducts preferences.

Setting the adv. product mgm to off, I was able to use the script, even if for one or two products it was not able to change the quantities. I did manyally by presta BOH.

I found more fast your script then the stock managment provided but presta, that remains a mystery for me :unsure:  how it works. So thank you again!!!!

One more question is about the settings1.php and security log in.

I'm using md5 method. I would like also to set the IP option on, but I don't have a static IP because me ISP doesn't provide me.

Do I set each time in settings1 the IP I have before I'll log in triple?

Thank you for your help!!!

B.

:)

Hi Musicmaster,

it was the case. I forgot that even if I don't use the advanced stock managment, I can't understand how it works, it was set on in Prducts preferences.

Setting the adv. product mgm to off, I was able to use the script, even if for one or two products it was not able to change the quantities. I did manyally by presta BOH.

I found more fast your script then the stock managment provided but presta, that remains a mystery for me :unsure:  how it works. So thank you again!!!!

One more question is about the settings1.php and security log in.

I'm using md5 method. I would like also to set the IP option on, but I don't have a static IP because me ISP doesn't provide me.

Do I set each time in settings1 the IP I have before I'll log in triple?

Thank you for your help!!!

B.

:)

Hi Boris,

I am glad you solved this - even though I am a bit puzzled why some products didn't work for you.

As for IP addresses: I would suggest you to use the wildcard option. Like: 123.223.*.*

M.

Hi Boris,

I am glad you solved this - even though I am a bit puzzled why some products didn't work for you.

As for IP addresses: I would suggest you to use the wildcard option. Like: 123.223.*.*

M.

Hi M.,

If I'll found the reason I'll update about the PUZZLE.

For IP addresses  I have the range the ISP use to the clients, how can set in $ipadresses = array(); ?  I have from 123.123.xxx.xxx up to 234.234.xxx.xxx

Thanks

I have uploaded a new version that warns in the two cases where you cannot update the quantity: with advanced stock management and when the product has combinations.

Hi Musicmaster

I am looking for a script to switch all products to advanced stock management with allocation to a default warehouse and keeps the quantities available after the move.

Can your script do that? 

If not where do you think I should start.

Thanks in advance

Nic

Hi Nic,

No, the script can't do that.

I suggest you look at the ps_stock_available and ps_warehouse* tables. You should look at one product with traditional stock keeping, change it in the PS backoffice and look what changed in those tables.

M

Hi Nic,

No, the script can't do that.

I suggest you look at the ps_stock_available and ps_warehouse* tables. You should look at one product with traditional stock keeping, change it in the PS backoffice and look what changed in those tables.

M

Thanks a lot.

I am bit scared to touch the db directly but you are right, it is probably the way to go.

thanks again

Nic

I am bit scared to touch the db directly but you are right, it is probably the way to go.

- Always develop the script on a testshop.

- Make a backup of the database before you run it on the production shop.

Great script, which is used regularly!

However we noticed in Order-edit, if changing from a Carrier with no VAT added to a Carrier with VAT and vice versa, the VAT amount is actually not affected on the invoice.

In the error log, we get this when changing back and forth a VAT / Non-VAT carrier:

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: tax_rate in /order-edit.php on line 513

Hi kmorgen,

I looked at it. The php error was inconsequential - it happened in a comment section. However, you were right that there was a problem handling carriers with VAT. VAT was never calculated - probably I missed that PS has changed its way of calculation when updating the script from a version for older PS versions. I have corrected that. There was also a problem with the amount ex VAT shown on the script. This was just a rendition error: the script showed the value of products without VAT instead of the total amount without VAT. But that didn't affect the values in the database. 

Can you test the attached script?

Thanks,

M

Hey Musicmaster

Thanks! - Just did a quick test and seem to work now.

However if only changing the Carrier, and not the shipping costs field, it does not seem to update/work.

So basically you would have to change the Carrier and also change the amount to something different and save, and then change the amount back and save again for the VAT be actually applied/removed.

/ Kim

Edited by kmorgen (see edit history)

Hi Kim,

Thanks for finding this problem too. I made a new version that should solve it. 

Regards,

M

Hi Musicmaster,

I always use your script. Love it! I also purchase all of the package  :)

However I found that "Qty edit" doesn't work. Could you please check? Thanks!

Hi Musicmaster,

I always use your script. Love it! I also purchase all of the package  :)

However I found that "Qty edit" doesn't work. Could you please check? Thanks!

Do you use advanced stock keeping? That is not supported.

Which of the above zip file i need to use for latest version of prestashop? What is the major difference between 0.99 and this version of software?

Do you use advanced stock keeping? That is not supported.

No, I don't. Or is it because I have a combination?

I tried another way:

When I click into combination, it opens a new new page called "product combination edit" page, and then I tried to edit Qty from that page. It successfully changed right there, but when I am going back to the previous page, it is not updated. Even when I check in BO, it's not updated.

Is there anyway to do a mass edit for turning on or off the Advanced Stock Management for products.   I didn't originally when I set up the store, but I want to turn it on now, but don't want to have to edit all the product. 

Thanks...

No, I don't. Or is it because I have a combination?

I tried another way:

When I click into combination, it opens a new new page called "product combination edit" page, and then I tried to edit Qty from that page. It successfully changed right there, but when I am going back to the previous page, it is not updated. Even when I check in BO, it's not updated.

Yes, you cannot directly set the quantity of a product with combinations. So your choice of using  "product combination edit" is ok. I am puzzled why it doesn't work there. Please tell me if you have any idea. You might also switch "verbose" on and look if there is something curious in the database transactions.

Is there anyway to do a mass edit for turning on or off the Advanced Stock Management for products.   I didn't originally when I set up the store, but I want to turn it on now, but don't want to have to edit all the product. 

Thanks...

I will add it in the next release. 

When might the next version come out ?

Thanks for a great piece of software !

Yes, you cannot directly set the quantity of a product with combinations. So your choice of using  "product combination edit" is ok. I am puzzled why it doesn't work there. Please tell me if you have any idea. You might also switch "verbose" on and look if there is something curious in the database transactions.

No idea, mate. I don't know how to switch "verbose" on. Not familiar with that.

Please let me know if you have any idea how to edit the combination Qty. Cheers!

When I find time. Most likely in a couple of days.

No idea, mate. I don't know how to switch "verbose" on. Not familiar with that.

Please let me know if you have any idea how to edit the combination Qty. Cheers!

Ben, my impression is that you don't submit your changes. Please start reading the manual.

Thanks for a great piece of software !

Can you test the attached files?

You need to check the variable "stockflags" on the second row of the fields.

hello

In product edit I get the same product 5 times how can I change this?

hello

In product edit I get the same product 5 times how can I change this?

Hi Cosworth,

Sorry to hear you find problems.

Can you provide me with some additional information:

- which version of Triple Edit are you using?

- Does this apply to one product or to all your products?

- Do you use multi-shop?

- Does this involve combinations?

- Do you have any idea where the number 5 might come from?

- Maybe a screendump would help

Regards,

M

Hello.

The version is 1.07

This applies to all products

I do not use multistore

I do not use combinations

I suspect it may be the fault of taxes

Deputy image so you can see how products are repeated

2q20qwy.jpg

greetings

Hi Cosworth,

Thank you for the explanation. Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to find something that might cause the problem. Yet I don't like having unsolved problems. So I would appreciate it if you could help me with some more information:

What makes you think it is taxes? Do you do something special with taxes?

If you enable all fields, do you then see that for some field the values are different for the five different entries of the same product?

Just to be complete: product-edit only reads data and makes no changes at all - changes are only made after you submit. So there is no risk for your shop.

Thanks,

M.