musicmaster

[Free Script] Prestools Suite: Mass Edit, Order Edit And Much More

In Open Office Calc this is not a problem as you are asked each time you open a csv what separator you want to use, MS Excel asks that sometimes in its Text Import Wizard but most of the times not. You can force Excel to use the import wizard by renaming the file extension from .csv to .txt.

The quotes are separators in sense that I mentioned with the description fields: they enclose fields with otherwise reserved characters.

Great Job!! Works perfectly on my prestashop 1.5.6.2! Fantastic! Thanks a lot! 

Hello

If am having a heck of a time getting the csv export to work. 

The problem seems to be that I have quotes in some of my product names, descriptions and meta data.

So it is messing up the export because the delimiters are getting duplicated.

I have tried to use the Mass Edit to get rid of quotes in the file names but it doesn't work for some reason. As soon as I select "Name" to edit the field goes blank so no edit happens on a bunch of the records on the description edit it just wont replace the quote on some records.

Is there anything I can do to alter your field delimiter on export instead of a double quote maybe change it to a single quote?

Where is the code located?

I also noticed the image is just a number not a URL, is this correct?

Thanks

Aaron

Edited by gopetsquad (see edit history)

Hi again,

OK I did some digging and found lines 421 and 624 and changed the ; to a comma and it looks like that fixed my issues and it now opens as a regular csv file in excel with the correct number of records.

That being said the image URL is still just a number, how do I make it a regular full URL of where the pic is stored on my website?

example:

image 129549 129559 129569 129579 129550 129560 129570 129580

Thanks,

Aaron

hai musicmaster, i have installed triple edit and iam facing a problem that .

in the front end its not displaying the modified prices instead of that i have to update one of the product(in dash board) to see the modification

Hi, you can edit Supplier reference? I only bookmarks with options to hide and show

post-49295-0-94672100-1411143551_thumb.jpg

@gopetsquad: in the next version I will likely at the option to choose your separator. I will have a look at the images. But it is a bit of work to test all the varieties. So it may take some time.

@chaitu: did you delete the Smarty cache in the performance page in the backoffice?

@Efendy: No, that is at the moment not possible.

I see a lot of post and questions on this free mod.  I hope everyone is donating to musicmaster for his great work!

Musicmaster - 

Ok I did some digging and it looks like the numbers are the actual file names that Prestashop converts to, only without the .jpg or the path included.

Now this is the interesting part......

Instead of using the csv export that you created I just highlighted the entire table after selecting the columns I wanted for my search parameters and hit CNTRL-C to copy then I opened an excel sheet and hit paste and BAM everything was there with no issues at all!

Now the one thing that it did was paste the pictures into a cell but they were perfectly aligned with their records AND they had the full URL to the picture hosted on my website as a hyperlink. So now I ran the following script to take the hyperlink from the pic and put it into a cell and it is the best export out there I also found that if you select supplier it will make a column for your wholesale price next to the supplier name.

Here is the script to extract the url from the picture hyperlinks.

Sub Test1()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim Sh As Shape
For Each Sh In ActiveSheet.Shapes
With Sh
If Left(.Name, 7) = "Picture" Then
On Error Resume Next
Range(.TopLeftCell.Address).Offset(0, 3).Value = .Hyperlink.Address
On Error GoTo 0
End If
End With
Next Sh
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Thanks,

Aaron

@flyclothing: You have inspired me to add a Donate button in the first post.. Thank you.

@Efendy: Have a look at how discounts look like when they are editable. Suppliers are similarly complex and that is a lot of work. Probably I will add it some time in the future but don't hold your breath. You are the first to ask for it.

@gopetsquad: Thank you for the ideas.

Fantastic! Great Job.

Can I change category for products?

I Search for name.. I have products list.

I change it one by one.. can i change category for all serach result?

Thanks

Hi Musicmaster,

I was hoping you could tell me what database you access in the product-edit page?

I have two records that dont have id numbers or names and are screwing all my exports and other stuff up. I only see them on this page and cannot change their status or delete them so I need to see if I can go into a database directly and delete them.

I looked in vrp_product table but did not see them.

Thanks,

Aaron

I assume vrp is your prefix. In that case you should look in the vrp_product_shop table. That is the most probable place.

Great script! I just installed and I love it already!

One question... Is it possible to assign more than one image to product combination?

One question... Is it possible to assign more than one image to product combination?

No. that is a limitation of Prestashop.

I see. Sorry.

But why would anyone want more than one image for a combination? Do you have a template where you can show more than one image for a combination?

I'm using default template for PS 1.6.0.9 and yes it's showing more than one image for combination. :)

Hi musicmaster

Can we change in mass the stock message ? 

for exemple, i want to change the message "in stock" to "in stock soon" for all my products.

thank you in advance

best regards

I'm using default template for PS 1.6.0.9 and yes it's showing more than one image for combination. :)

You ignore my answer. I admitted that there is more than one picture. 

My objection is that I don't know anybody who uses that feature as it is not visible in the standard template. 

Can't you do that same thing in Prestashop under languages?

What do you mean?

You ignore my answer. I admitted that there is more than one picture. 

My objection is that I don't know anybody who uses that feature as it is not visible in the standard template. 

But I'm using fresh, clean install of prestashop with default STANDARD template :) I don't know previous versions of prestashop, but standard template for prestashop 1.6.0.9 shows multiple images for combination.

Please look at attached screens. First shows demo product (that product is preloaded with installation of prestashop) with all images available for that product, second screen shows two images after choosing blue color combination.

post-841314-0-97165900-1411805978_thumb.png

post-841314-0-99079100-1411805985_thumb.png

Edited by eater (see edit history)

Ok Eater, you convinced me. 

However, I am not yet going to implement this. My impression is that most people don't use this feature. Yet to implement it would mean much bigger input fields and that would make entry for single items more clumsy. So I am still looking for a way to implement this that favors both approaches.

Sorry if this has been answered.  I am getting an error when trying to update meta keywords. 

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given in /home/.........../triple_edit-0.99p/product-proc.php on line 278

UPDATE ps2_product_lang SET meta_keywords='' WHERE id_product='419' AND id_lang='1' AND id_shop='1'
*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes*No changes
Finished successfully!

Hi flyclothing, 

Thank you for notifying me of this problem. I have uploaded an improved version that should fix it.

Guest nzefarbt

Hi.

I just installed this and getting familiar with it. I see option for export csv. How can i import this csv?

When i try to use mass update function for metadescription there are mising option "copy from field". I need this to copy from shortdescription to metadescription.

Thank you for your script and support.

Edited by nzefarbt (see edit history)

I just installed this and getting familiar with it. I see option for export csv. How can i import this csv?

Depends what you want to do with the CSV. You can import it in a spreadsheet. Or you can import it in a webshop with Prestashop or other software. When you are in the products page of your backoffice you will see at the top a button "import".

The attached file offers the option to copy shortdescription to meta_description.

product-edit.php

Guest nzefarbt

Thank you very much. This script is genius ;)

Guest nzefarbt

Can you add field "Additional shipping fees (for a single item) " to product edit?

This script keeps getting more and more awesome.

Thank you for your work (and for the manual as well) musicmaster!

Guest nzefarbt

It's working. Your script is so helpful.

Thank you very much.

Not sure if this error is specific to me, but this happened today.  I was working on entering product tags for a brand.

100 Records - of which 100 submitted.
*0:

MySQL error 1062: Duplicate entry '1225-491' for key 1
Generated by URL '/************/triple_edit-0.99q/product-proc.php'
with Query 'INSERT INTO ps2_product_tag SET id_product='1225', id_tag='491''

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I can't reproduce this error. So could you help me by providing specifics of the error? What kind of shop do you have: multi-shop? multi-language? What change did you want to implement this time? The error is for the first record so that will be enough: what were the old tags and what were the new tags?

M

I have a multi-shop with one language.  I was working on adding tags to 100s of products that were missed in the import.  There is a possibility I went over the tag character limit and that caused it.  Possibility?

I'll download the new-and-improved-even-more-awesome version!  By the way, I keep discovering more and more capabilities of the editor each time I use it.  It really is a lifesaver for Prestashop users!  X-Cart had a macro function that allowed you to apply data to all found products, which was a huge time saver for applying similar data.  Thanks again!

The last version I downloaded was triple_edit-0.99q.  It looks like it's still named the same?

Edited by flyclothing (see edit history)

The last version I downloaded was triple_edit-0.99q.  It looks like it's still named the same?

For the moment: yes.

Fantastic tool, thanks!

I have one problem, though. While everything seems to update fine, PRICE is not working. I edit the price but no change is done. Any idea why this can be due to? I have disable taxes, as I sell from one country to another.

Also, is there a way you can add wholesale price to the table? That way it will be easier to track profit per item (sales price minus cost of item)

I was actually about to suggest that this guy makes this script a module with a more professional interface and more options, and price it at $50 to $100. The product is good and the demand is there...

@SharkTanq: Whole prices are under extra.

I did a check with no VAT but price updating still worked for me. Can you try switching on "verbose" and sending me the queries that you see as a result?

Hello, musicmaster thanks for this useful tool, i just downloaded it and it looks great.

I've stumbled upon one error though. 

MySQL error 1366: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id_feature_value' at row 1
Generated by URL '/adminaccess/editor/product-proc.php'
with Query 'INSERT INTO ps_feature_value SET id_feature='14',id_feature_value='', custom='1''

My PrestaShop version is 1.6.0.9, it's not multi-shop and it has 2 languages

I added in my PS back office own custom product feature like "carton weight". Then in your script I did as follow

->edit product

->features (here I set my custom "carton weight")

->set "carton weight" feature for edit (radio button)

->whatever value (text or number) I try to add and submit a row, it returns the error I posted above.

Any hint will be appreciated

Edited by oskar86 (see edit history)

I've written some scripts to edit orders, categories and products. In the latest version you will find the following:

- product-edit: this offers a much better overview than editing inside PS and has some mass update features. Provides also access to sales and visit statistics.

- product-list: this starts from the product_edit page and provides printable lists for inventory control

- order-edit: in 1.4 very useful; in 1.5 more versatile than PS.

- category-edit: very useful for SEO

- discount-list: an overview of the special prices your shop offers

- product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From place 100 to 1 in 1 second.

- shop-search: provides an overview of the search keywords visitors used inside your shop

Order edit was built on an older program (http://www.prestasho...post__p__630877) that was written for PS 1.3. Look in that thread for post #107 or #109 if you have PS 1.3.

You should unzip the file and copy the resulting files to your admin folder or a subdirectory below it (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like "www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php". You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "demo@demo.com" and the default password is "opensecret". At the bottom of each page you will find links to the other programs in the script.

There are two versions: one is for PS 1.4.x and one for 1.5.x and 1.6.x. 

Have fun and let everyone know with the Like button when you like it.

Updates of the 1.5/1.6 version:

0.97: improved column sort, active/onsale now binary, speed optimization. Mostly in product-edit.

0.98: added combination edit

0.99: added a few fields under extras. experimental discount edit

0.99k: editing discounts now mostly completed, image legend editable

0.99m: editing combinations images added

0.99n: visual sort added

0.99o: csv export of actual selection added

0.99q: csv export and product list improved. Some fixes.

0.99s: with top menu

Can we edit products with combinations as well?

Can we edit products with combinations as well?

You can edit the products themselves as usual. You can assign images and quantities to the combinations. But you can not assign new combinations or delete existing combinations.

Thanks for this brilliant little script!

Is there a way to mass-edit TAGS as well? It would save me hours of my time.

Do your research!

So... After CTRL+F-ing 29 pages for keyword "tags" I found this on page 12:

"No, tags are a bit too much work and I don't use them anyway. So unless someone pays for my time or volunteers..."

How much time/$ would it take for you to add this?

How much time/$ would it take for you to add this?

It would take you less than 5 minutes to install the software and have a look at product-edit. It would be a much more efficient and effective strategy than what you did now. So why do you need to consume my time?

Just imagine a world where every person who looks at this script doesn't bother to see it himself and instead asks me. I would be employed almost full time.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So you went ahead and added the tags anyways despite what you said in page 12 of this thread?

I do not see the tags in the product-edit, that is why I am asking here.

2zyv1gw.jpg

Maybe I am just blind?

I dont see any point in being rude and giving harsh comments. Either charge for the product or dont mind people asking for questions and "consuming your time" when you are providing it for free. I have repeatedly shown my appreciation for this free script and even 1) suggested you charge money for it, and 2) offered to pay for adding a feature. 

Edited by SharkTanq (see edit history)

I can tell you from using the free software that tags are editable.  I can also understand the frustration of the maker when you offer a free module and have 30 pages requests, questions, suggestions, modifications, etc. You mentioned you have, "shown your appreciation for the script," then you must have downloaded it and know how it works?

Maybe I am just blind?

No, from the image it looks like either you are using the version for 1.4 - that is no longer maintained - or you are using a very old version for 1.5. Usually every 2 to 4 weeks a new version appears.

Sorry for if I appear rude. But answering questions often takes a lot longer than asking them.

BTW: in the forum you can search "in a topic" at the top of the page. So one search would have been enough. In addition there is now a - not yet complete - manual where you could have done a text search.

I can tell you from using the free software that tags are editable.  I can also understand the frustration of the maker when you offer a free module and have 30 pages requests, questions, suggestions, modifications, etc. You mentioned you have, "shown your appreciation for the script," then you must have downloaded it and know how it works?

If you took your time to look at my screenshot, then you would realize that the tags function doesnt show up. That is why I am asking here instead.

I am using the newest edition of Prestashop, so something is definitely wrong. I will talk to my web developer to see if he has been interfering with the code somehow.

Musicmaster: I did not know it was possible to search within a thread. It would certainly have saved some time :)

I am using the newest edition of Prestashop, so something is definitely wrong. I will talk to my web developer to see if he has been interfering with the code somehow.

That was not what I meant. It looks like you have downloaded the wrong version of Triple Edit: the version that is meant for Prestashop 1.4.

This is a lifesaver tool!

Thank you for sharing it, certainly deserves donation.

I am here just to say BIG THANKS for this brilliant work and post it here for free

I am really appreciated! Thank you so much.

ps 1.6

If you use link rewrite option with copy from field name, won't that create friendly URL's with spaces?

It is very probable that spaces exist in Product name so they will be copied to url and make them invalid

If you use link rewrite option with copy from field name, won't that create friendly URL's with spaces?

It is very probable that spaces exist in Product name so they will be copied to url and make them invalid

As far as I know you don't get the "copy from field" option with the link_rewrite field.

As far as I know you don't get the "copy from field" option with the link_rewrite field.

Hello musicmaster and congrats for your script.

Actually you have the option, i tried and it did copy spaces so all links became bad because of spaces but i could fix them by replacing space with -

AoLKKp5.jpg

It was very helpful for my case to have the copy from field - name option, as long as no space is inserted is perfect!

Have you got a set of instructions that works as I cant seem to get this to work

Hello musicmaster and congrats for your script.

Actually you have the option, i tried and it did copy spaces so all links became bad because of spaces but i could fix them by replacing space with -

AoLKKp5.jpg

It was very helpful for my case to have the copy from field - name option, as long as no space is inserted is perfect!

When I look at my copy - the latest version - I see these options:

linkrewrite.jpg

regenerate is the most suitable option

Have you got a set of instructions that works as I cant seem to get this to work

there is readme file in zip file so u can understand it 

Version 1.0:

Finally here is version 1.0! That means that no longer the whole script is free. The following sections from product-edit are now paid: carriers, discounts, features and tags. When suppliers is finished it will be added to that. The for pay sections are discernible by their colored background. You can still view and edit them but your changes will not be saved if you don't have the relevant for-pay plugin.

You can buy the plugins at http://www.prestools.com

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Can you please post the last free version ? 0.99s I guess ?

My hard drive crashed and I losted everything :unsure:

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

And what is the difference between 0.99?

Can you explain?

Did you clean you code? Separate the visual part from php? Separate js scripts?

Hard to understand what's going on here, suddenly a paid and expensive module and no way to download the last free 0,99s version ?

Weird strategy in my opinion :(

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

And what is the difference between 0.99?

Did you clean you code? Separate the visual part from php? Separate js scripts?

The code is mostly the same. There are a few small improvements. (a.o.: for the statistics there are now totals at the bottom of the pages and for carriers mass update is now possible). The only real difference to make a paid version was in the product-proc.php file. There some segments were cut out and turned in for-pay plugins. In product-edit.php only some warnings were inserted. The functionality to modify carriers, tags, discounts and features was left in here as a kind of demo mode.

I am not a big believer in "clean code", objects and separation of the user interface (although there is now a separate stylesheet for the whole project). It is much more important to keep your code organized: even in the 2600 lines of dense code of product-edit.php the code is sorted in logical blocks and I usually can find the place I want to look at within seconds. The spirit of Triple Edit has always been to offer maximum flexibility and functionality without bothering too much about how pretty it looks.

Hard to understand what's going on here, suddenly a paid and expensive module and no way to download the last free 0,99s version ?

Weird strategy in my opinion :(

95% is still free...

• Like 1

The free module worked fine for me and MM was more than willing to make fixes whenever we found glitches.  Yeah, the module wasnt pretty but it did the job. Please stop complaining about the module now being paid. He has every right to make money from all his hard work.  The success of this software and forum are dependent on people like him who are creating products to fill voids where Prestashop is lacking.

Guest nzefarbt

How can I change a default box checked on product-edit page?

Edit:

Ok. I found it on 24 line in product-edit.

Again thank you. Its best addon to prestashop.

Edited by nzefarbt (see edit history)

Hi, is it possible to add support for editing Supplier Reference (for products)? There is possible to edit only Reference...

I am looking at it. But it is quite complicated.

Guest nzefarbt

Can you add filter by manufactor to product-edit? Exactly same field like category.

Please try the attached files.

Additional shipping fees is listen under Extra as aShipCost.

For 1.4? Edited by jipicily (see edit history)

Can you please post the last free version ? 0.99s I guess ?

My hard drive crashed and I losted everything :unsure:

If it is possible i want to try free version too. But can't find this version.

Can somebody give a link? Thanks

If it is possible i want to try free version too. But can't find this version.

Can somebody give a link? Thanks

Prestashop link:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/185401-free-script-product-mass-edit-category-multi-edit-order-edit/

The new additions/plugins are reasonably priced, but the basic free program works fine! (I will be using PayPal to donate to the "free" program).

If this program can eventually be used to add products as well as edit the ones that exist, it would be worth even more!

(hint-hint, MM)

John

Is it possible to add into bulk edit script copy product name feature so we can add it to description and keywords for seo purposes?

Prestashop link:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/185401-free-script-product-mass-edit-category-multi-edit-order-edit/

The new additions/plugins are reasonably priced, but the basic free program works fine! (I will be using PayPal to donate to the "free" program).

If this program can eventually be used to add products as well as edit the ones that exist, it would be worth even more!

(hint-hint, MM)

John

Hi John, we asked about the last