"blocklayered" module : hashtag-less URLs with custom criterions

TomP

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a shop on PS 1.5 RC2 (up to date).

I enabled the "blocklayered" module on my category pages. I noticed URLs representing a certain set of enabled filters exist in two forms : "solid" URLs (without hashtags) and "anchored" URLs (with a hashtag).

When using the module to filter the product list, anchored URLs are used ; however, I noticed solid URLs work too, especially if I call a page directly with it (ie. opening a new tab in my browser and going to an anchored URL won't trigger the filtering, as PS doesn't parse the URL in Javascript to adapt the rendered list of products).

I also (and that's the point of my question) noticed that such solid URLs won't return a filtered list of products when depending on filtering criterion (in fact, according to PS' taxonomy, "features"). I'm getting the full product list.

Could I get some feedback from people who encountered the same problem and solved it, or people who set up things as I'm trying to and did not face that kind of issue, so I can try to find out why it's not working ?

It's friday afternoon and I'm not sure I'm explaining it in a clear way, so please ask for details if you think you could possibly help me.

Thanks !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a shop on PS 1.5 RC2 (up to date).

I enabled the "blocklayered" module on my category pages. I noticed URLs representing a certain set of enabled filters exist in two forms : "solid" URLs (without hashtags) and "anchored" URLs (with a hashtag).

When using the module to filter the product list, anchored URLs are used ; however, I noticed solid URLs work too, especially if I call a page directly with it (ie. opening a new tab in my browser and going to an anchored URL won't trigger the filtering, as PS doesn't parse the URL in Javascript to adapt the rendered list of products).

I also (and that's the point of my question) noticed that such solid URLs won't return a filtered list of products when depending on filtering criterion (in fact, according to PS' taxonomy, "features"). I'm getting the full product list.

Could I get some feedback from people who encountered the same problem and solved it, or people who set up things as I'm trying to and did not face that kind of issue, so I can try to find out why it's not working ?

It's friday afternoon and I'm not sure I'm explaining it in a clear way, so please ask for details if you think you could possibly help me.

Thanks !

Did you have any luck with this? Were you able to link to a page filtered by features?

...I have realized that features are not a very powerful tool in Prestashop.

Hi threeopus3,

Unfortunately, the project has moved on and is not using PS's features anymore, so this issue dropped out in my case.

Good luck with this... maybe it has been corrected in PS 1.5 final (I think the latest stable version is 1.5.3) ?

• 1 month later...

Did you have any luck with this? Were you able to link to a page filtered by features?

...I have realized that features are not a very powerful tool in Prestashop.

Hi, I've got the same problem here. Or at least I think so. Example: I'm viewing a full category list. I've got blocklayered enabled with price ranges and 'pearl type' feature checkboxes.

The 'pearl type' checkboxes don't work. If I click a checkbox, the vars are something like this:

?id_category=11&controller=category&selected_filters=tipo_perle-akoya

So they're in place, but I do not get any filtered list of products. Worse, sometimes, INSTEAD of a pearl-type-filtered list, I get a price-range-filtered list (but in fact didn't select any price range..)

Is it the same of you?

I'm on 1.5.4.1 official.

Thank you

Edited by stratboy (see edit history)

Hi, I've got the same problem here. Or at least I think so. Example: I'm viewing a full category list. I've got blocklayered enabled with price ranges and 'pearl type' feature checkboxes.

The 'pearl type' checkboxes don't work. If I click a checkbox, the vars are something like this:

?id_category=11&controller=category&selected_filters=tipo_perle-akoya

So they're in place, but I do not get any filtered list of products. Worse, sometimes, INSTEAD of a pearl-type-filtered list, I get a price-range-filtered list (but in fact didn't select any price range..)

Is it the same of you?

I'm on 1.5.4.1 official.

Thank you

Hi Stratboy,

I struggled with the layered nav for a while and then realized that I could fix my problems like this:

1. When if the admin back office, go to the layered nav module and "configure"

2. At the top of the page, under "indexes and caches", just reindex everything (four buttons)

That worked for me.

k

Hi Stratboy,

I struggled with the layered nav for a while and then realized that I could fix my problems like this:

1. When if the admin back office, go to the layered nav module and "configure"

2. At the top of the page, under "indexes and caches", just reindex everything (four buttons)

That worked for me.

k

Hi, that was the main matter, thank you! Still, I discovered that the real problem was that I was using the module in 2 places (hooks) at a time. That was causing a variety of issues.