Andrew B

A little help with shopimporter (oscommerce to presta)

I know im not getting the settings right, so can someone point me in the right direction setting up to import some of my stuff to my old oscommerce site:

Server: www.myoldshopdomain.com (is that what they mean by server? or should i put the old domain servers IP?)

User: is that the username for the old domain sql database?

password: (password matching aboves username?)

Database: (old database name) osc1

Database prefix: the prefix for the db tables (i think thats what it is)

Im getting the below message:

• Please select a default language
  • Please select a default currency
  • Please set your shop url

The database selection cannot be made.

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm new to Presta shop and was delighted to find an osCommerce import utility. I have entered all the information and get the same errors: please select a default language etc.

I'm using the server name for the database that osCommerce shows as my database host. I got the database name and user and password from my host myphpadmin and confirmed it from the configuration.php files in the osCommerce install. What am I doing wrong? Is this an error on PrestaShop's side or in my pointers?

I'm having an idea that my inability to connect to the osCommerce database has to do with the version of php and mysql. PrestaShop is using the following: php - 5.2.17 and mysql 5.5.29-log the osCommerce install is using PHP4.4.9 and mysql 5.1.66

Could this be at the heart of my inability to connect? If so, does anyone know how to fix it?

I'm having an idea that my inability to connect to the osCommerce database has to do with the version of php and mysql. PrestaShop is using the following: php - 5.2.17 and mysql 5.5.29-log the osCommerce install is using PHP4.4.9 and mysql 5.1.66

Could this be at the heart of my inability to connect? If so, does anyone know how to fix it?

I am having similar problem

Amazingly no one is responding to this on any forum