How to: Add override function to CartController

agshoward

Hi,

I'm limited in my php abilities and need some direction (prefer working example) of how I can have a function that adds two products from my catalog into the cart, one of the products is what the customer ordered the other is a custom item that needs to be added automatically.

I currently do this thru a mod in the ajax-cart.js under the BlockCart module, it works to a point but at times it misses adding the second product - I need something that is a little more repeatable. I'm using cookies to do this and use the same cookies to make some other custom attribute changes such as custom text.

thanks in advance to any help you can give.

regards

Andre

Hi,

I'm limited in my php abilities and need some direction (prefer working example) of how I can have a function that adds two products from my catalog into the cart, one of the products is what the customer ordered the other is a custom item that needs to be added automatically.

I currently do this thru a mod in the ajax-cart.js under the BlockCart module, it works to a point but at times it misses adding the second product - I need something that is a little more repeatable. I'm using cookies to do this and use the same cookies to make some other custom attribute changes such as custom text.

thanks in advance to any help you can give.

regards

Andre

Edited by vekia (see edit history)