Protecting your images

Does anyone have a piece of code or module to install that will protect images from being copied?

Basically I would like to prevent people from right clicking and copying product images or from dragging them to desktop to copy.

I'm trying to install the watermark module but would like some code as an extra protection.

Hello, in website, it's really difficult to protect images.

You can use javascript to stop right click, but if you really want the picture you can block java.

Replace in header.tpl in your template

<body {if isset($page_name)}id="{$page_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"{/if}>

by

<body onselectstart="return false" oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onMouseOver="window.status='..message perso .. '; return true;" {if isset($page_name)}id="{$page_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"{/if}>

You can stop 70% visitors only...

Thanks for this. I appreciate that if someone knows their stuff they can get the images. But my client wants some protection in the form of a watermark and some code. I'll try the code you suggest and I'll let you know how I get on...

• 4 years later...

good code, work also for 1.6.X

just ad just

onselectstart="return false" oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onMouseOver="window.status='..message perso .. '; return true;"

to body tag.

thank for sharing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...