[Solved] Shop availability info of products is not working properly?

Someone please help me understaind how this works...

Curently in my shop every product is available no matter what quantity i set.
And by every product stands available no matter do i have it on stock or not. (see img. 1)
This is how things are set in my BO (see img. 2)

I would like mine shop to look so that availability info says eg. "in arival". when quantity of product on stock is = 0. (see img. 3)

Is this possible to make?

7431_ybwhJxqJwAK1oafG67bI_t

7432_Gw5YqioJPfxMrwBIOJCM_t

7433_HxONsTkEFlq92ti9F3yp_t

Iw tryed this but then BUY button gets disabled.

What im looking for is, as that statement clearly says: Allow ordering out-of-stock product.
So i would like that customer knows that item is out of stock or in arrival but it still is allowed to order it.

Currently we are giving a contradictory informations to our customers.

Shop it self say that item is available (unles customer goes to view more about product) and than in cart it says it is out of stock.
That is giving a wrongful information to buyers and will for sure confuse them or even worse - rise suspicions about us... And theres allways a potential lawsuit about giving wrong informations.

One more issue iw come up with is that if i have only 1 item on stock customer still can order 15 if them without any information that theres no more than one available.

This i see as serious problem, dont you to?

DJ.

• 3 weeks later...

Solution.

edit your product-list.tpl (You can find it in shop/themes/your_theme)

so that after this row
insert this:
{if ($product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}
{elseif ($product.quantity==0 AND $product.allow_oosp==0)}{l s='Out of stock'}
{else}{l s=$product.available_later}
{/if}

so that it looks like this:

{if ($product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}
{elseif ($product.quantity==0 AND $product.allow_oosp==0)}{l s='Out of stock'}
{else}{l s=$product.available_later}
{/if}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}

thanx to havanaclub!
Cheers mate!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My problem was because i installed AddStuff v0.6.3 - If you have this uninstall it and check if it fixs your problem. I cant believe it, its Christmas time, i installed AddStuff like 3 days ago so i could add some twiiter html code, and so many people were trying to buy xmas outfits that i lost sales...im gutted really i am, i tried everything to fix it.

I am an idiot for changing anything, i should of waited until after xmas, soo soo gutted right now. At least i found what it was and i hope it will help other in need too.

• 1 year later...

Thanks VIXUS! This worked for me too.

Now I have another problem :(

On the shopping cart summary page (see screenshot) it indicates (with the green dot) that both items are available, while the first item was a back order item. I want it to show it like it does on the product listing page, as per VIXUS' solution.

I've tried editing the shopping-cart-product-line.tpl page using the same/similar code to what VIXUS suggested (see screenshot of it in use on the product list page) but it's not working for me.

In place of the green dots I want it to say 'available' if the item is in stock, 'special order' if it's a special back order, or 'out of stock'.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

47477_gwKrBMHdpbbFIdosrrbE_t

47478_Za6ovr97nLf3qsXt8YJQ_t