unhook module hook module positions modules

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

ontljoshi

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 Active Posts
Hi all,

i would like to know how do i re-hook the particular module back to its original hook place. after unhook-ing a module i am unable to re-hook.

basically, i wanted to reposition the module to another location but it wasn't allowing me. so i thought let me unhook it and then will hook it to the place i want, but after unhooking the module i am unable to find the module.

Please help me urgently. thanks and awaiting your positive and prompt reply.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Izraelviz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 Active Posts
Make sure module is installed and then go to:

Modules --> Positions --> +Transplant a module -->Select the module you want to add and then "Hook Into" Left/Right Column etc.

If you need the module to show up a place it won't let you transplant to you need to tweak the php file in the module folder.

Hope it helps and good luck =)

Software Failure. Guru meditation #00000004, 0000AAC0

"Man the lifeboats! Women and children first!"

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

ontljoshi

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 Active Posts
please help what sort of tweaking is required. Thanks Om

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Izraelviz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 Active Posts
Let's say you want to transplant "blocknewsletter" to your footer. By default you're allowed to place this in either right or left column. To make it show it show up in the footer you will need to change this in the blocknewsletter.php:

(line 206) function hookRightColumn($params)
{
return $this->hookLeftColumn($params);
}

to

function hookRightColumn($params)
{
} function hookFooter($params)
{
}

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Izraelviz

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 Active Posts
And then chose "Footer" in Transplant a module of corse =)

(Make sure Force Compile is on and Cache is off in Preferences -->Performance)

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

GoGoMo

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 Active Posts

Modules --> Positions --> +Transplant a module -->Select the module you want to add and then "Hook Into" Left/Right Column etc.

If you need the module to show up a place it won't let you transplant to you need to tweak the php file in the module folder.

Hi can you tell me how to hook New Products module in the Homepage content? This Homepage content hook only allows hookin the Image Slider, Featured Products and/or Top Sellers modules by default. I'd like to show the Image Slider, Block Advertising, Featured Products, New Products and/or Top Sellers modules in the center column of the Homepage content.

Edited by GoGoMo, 15 February 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

Anton_bcn

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 Active Posts

Hi can you tell me how to hook New Products module in the Homepage content? This Homepage content hook only allows hookin the Image Slider, Featured Products and/or Top Sellers modules by default. I'd like to show the Image Slider, Block Advertising, Featured Products, New Products and/or Top Sellers modules in the center column of the Homepage content.

The answer is right before you post... you need to tweak php file of each module.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

ardiiallice

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 Active Posts

i didn't found transplant a modul in prestashop 1.5. any advice?

thanks

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

Roman7

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Active Posts

Izraelviz and others, guys I also had the same problem, couldn't find "transplant a modul", but the pressed "reset" button and image slider appeared. Modules--->Modules list--->Search image slider--->Button Configure on the right press small arrow---> choose reset...That's all...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unhook module, hook module, positions, modules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to use our cookies.     Learn more