Disable shipping and payment steps in checkout

DylzEn

Hello guys and thanks for all the support you give us. First of all, sorry for my English (not my first language). Next, my problem. I'm building my first Prestashop website and I'm having some trouble. In this case, what I'd like to do is completely remove the shipping and payment steps in checkout and managing those steps outside of the site. Or, even better, remove them from the One-page-checkout. That is, simulating a checkout process:

In case I'm using the 5 step checkout:

1) Add some products to the cart

2) Click checkout

3) Summary step like normal, click next

4) Eventually, the login page, click next

5) Address step as normal, next

6) Terms of service page, added instead of the shipping step, where the customes has to accept terms and then he can click on next (clicking on the button should have an email with the order and the customer informations sent to both the customer and the owner of the site)

7) Confirmation page

In case I'm using the 1 page checkout (the one I'd like better):

1) Add some products to the cart

2) Click checkout

3) One page checkout, first and second blocks being summary and addresses, like default. Third block with the Terms (leaving it as a checkbox with a link to the actual terms would be good) and the send a message area. At the bottom, the "place order" button (clicking on the button should have an email with the order and the customer informations sent to both the customer and the owner of the site).

4) Confirmation page

I could really use some help here guys, even just get pointed in the right direction on what to modify. As of now, I removed every carrier and every payment module, but as you can imagine, when I use the 5 step checkout, I get an error on the shipping page because I don't choose a carrier, and when I use the One page checkout I don't get the order button for the same reason. Sorry for the wall post and thanks for your time.

Edited by DylzEn (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this? Thing is, I'd like to manage shipping and payment outside of the site, by emailing the customer. The customer adds something to cart, goes to the checkout page, checks his address and confirms. By clicking the confirmation button, an email is sent to the site owner and to the customer, with his address and his order details. Then the site owner sends the customer the information he needs on how to pay and how the items will be shipped.

Don't know if I made myself clearer. Thanks to anyone who would help.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...