Upgrading - Auto upgrader not detecting version

Hiya,

Testing the auto upgrade tool... I am on 1.4.1.0 and when I install the module I get the below - which is wrong as there are many updated upstream from my version. Any ideas appreciated:

Congratulations you are already using the latest version available !

Your current prestashop version 1.4.1.0

Latest official version for channel minor N/A

In Version comparison I also get:

PrestaShop Original version:

warning.gif

[TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check files for the installed PrestaShop version

differences between versions:

warning.gif

[TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to generate diff file list between 1.4.1.0 and .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem:

Your current prestashop version 1.4.9.0

Latest official version for channel major

Check if a new version is available

last datetime check : 2012-09-22 09:29:09

[TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to generate diff file list between 1.4.9.0 and .

Module version up-to-date (0.8.0)

I have this same problem.

I may have figured it out on my local host but does not seem to work on my live site.

I clicked on the more options, changed the channel to Alpha Release and it came up with 1.5, ran the upgrade and it has just finished and seems to have worked (on local host anyway). No idea why it is not working on my live site tho. Maybe something to do with the server/Webhost maybe.

Maybe this will help some,

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Quick update, seems to have worked fine on my local host test site. Still cant get my live site to work SO...................

I have now downloaded my live site to Local host and attempting to see if it will upgrade when on local and see what happens.

I will try update and see what happens, fingers crossed :)

Edit

So far so good it is upgrading now. Hopefully it works, we shall see. Will update with what i find.

Chris

Edited by Greenpilgrim (see edit history)

OK So it seems to have worked on local host. Now uploading and will use a sub domain to test it and check everything woks fine. So will see if it works for real, going to need to do this all again as i used an old backup.

What i did.

Backup your site and database for start. :)

download XAMPP (http://www.apachefri...pp-windows.html)for local host software, or use what ever u are currently have.

copy your backed up site to XAMPP htdocs. Create a new database with XAMPP in mysql admin and import your current downloaded backup of your database.

need to edit database info for your site.

/config/settings.inc

Make sure you make a note if you do not know what your old details are or make a backup of the settings.inc file for when you want to re upload back to your server.

Change the following to the details of the database you just created(Changed marked in RED) (Keep marked in Green):

define('_DB_NAME_', 'Newdatabasename');

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');

define('_DB_USER_', 'root');

If no password change to this define('_DB_PASSWD_', '');; or if u added a password define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'paswordhere')

You may need to change the following if u used a different name for you base folder, but chances are you kept the same foldername

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/');

Save that.

That should be all ok now so you can open a browser and open http://localhost/prestashop and http://localhost/prestashop1/admin

remeber that you renamed your admin folder after installing on your server so use that. example your admin folder is called admin123 use http://localhost/prestashop/admin123.

In the back office you will need to go to Preferences and SEO & URLS

Turnoff

Friendly URL

if you use them.

Also you may need to change the following: (i'm not sure if u need to do this for sure but it gets rid of an error message)

Presuming you have the install in htdocs/prestashop and not in a sub folder (i.e. htdocs/testsite/prestashop)

PS directory

change this to /

Shop domain name

change this to localhost

Shop domain name for SSL

change this to localhost

If in sub folder use that name. i.e.

PS directory

change this to /testsite/

Shop domain name

change this to localhost/testsite/

Shop domain name for SSL

change this to localhost/testsite/

You should be all good now to try the upgrade. (presuming i didn't miss out any steps i took, but think that was all)

Disable your shop

Presuming you have installed the latest 1-click upgrade module. Go to the upgrade page.

Click More Options and select Release candidates for the channel and save.

Scroll down to Upgrade options and select the options u want

I saved Mails and deactivated custom modules.

Click the check for new version and you should (hopefully) upgrade.

You will probably have to have a play round once it is upgraded and reactivate any modules it disabled.

download the database from your local host site to upload to your live site.

I would to be safe, when uploading back to your sever create a subdomain, upload it to a new folder and keep your original live site as it is for the time being just to be safe and test it before you make it live in case of any bugs or problems. But from what i can see this seems to work ok. (note i am uploading mine as i write this to a new folder and subdomain to check before going live with it).

i.e. main site www.prestashop.com test site www.testsite.prestashop.com

So best to create a new database on you live server and import the one you downloaded from your local host . You will need to change the settings.inc folder to the new database details u created.

Also do not forget to change the SEO & Url's as above but for new live/livetestsite.

Hope this helps and makes sense, i'm abit of a noobie so maybe there is a better way to do all this but it seems to work so it is all good. :).

I will test it tomorrow and see if everything looks good. If any questions or problems please post and I will try help.

Thank

Chris

After all that i uploaded to my server and cant access the back office, not sure why I will play round see if i can get it to work. Back to the drawing board it seems. :mellow:

Edit

Blahhh I duno, cant get it to work, worked on local fine just doesn't want to work on server :(

Edit Again

So now i am going to attempt a fresh install and then import over from my local host.

Hi Greenpilgrim

I tried everything and still no luck. I am surprised that no one from Prestashop has come with an answer as we are not the only ones with this problem.

I did a copy of the site on a subfolder on the server but cannot get the upgrade module to find the upgrade

Vasilis

yeah, it is a bit frustrating.

I am now attempting to do transfer my site i upgraded to 1.5.0.17 via local host again following this guide.

http://doc.prestasho...ovingPrestaShop

maybe i missed something when i did it last time. will let you know.

EDIT

After that it worked i managed to log into my admin however the admin and shop page are all messed up. I uploaded from my localhost to a live subdomain. works on localhost but not quite on live server see pic. Back end of live site is like pic of shop, shop and backend are fine on localhost.

But in theory its an improvement to no site. haha I am starting to be stumped :) and do not know what to do. Guess ill stick with my site as is and see if anyone can figure out how to actually upgrade it without problems

261ky9h.jpg

Cheers

Chris

I do not know if it will be of any help. What I did on local worked and recognised the version.

I did a fresh install of 1.4.9.0

I uploaded via phpmyadmin my working data base and it worked. recognized the version and on chanel: major release found the 1.5.

I did not bother to do the update as time is limited and will try it better on server if it will work

I will now try it on my server on a sub-directory and if it will also work then I will let you know

Ok an update.

With the new 1.5.1.0 out I tried to upgrade manually on a sub domain to my main shop following this guide:

http://doc.prestasho...experts+only%29

An so far the upgrade seems to have worked.

the only problem I have is the front end is not showing.

But the back end seems ok all the products have transferred over, so its a start, now to see if i can get the front end to display.

Edit

Ok Modules page wont load on back end now. grrrrrrrr

Cheers

Chris

I have this issue too. Upgraded the module to 0.8 but it says 1.4.9.0 is the latest version.

hello.. Download the last update module, then go to the module from your back office and select EXPERT MODE and there you chose last stable release and save the change.

After that try check again the update version

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hiya,

Testing the auto upgrade tool... I am on 1.4.1.0 and when I install the module I get the below - which is wrong as there are many updated upstream from my version. Any ideas appreciated:

Your current prestashop version 1.4.1.0

Latest official version for channel minor N/A

In Version comparison I also get:

warning.gif

warning.gif

[TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to generate diff file list between 1.4.1.0 and .

I had the same issue, but Fixed it.

Probally u dont have allow_url_fopen off in ur php.ini.

U can check this simply by going to ur admin start page, if there's a message that allow_url_fopen is not on, this update module doenst work. My advice, turn it back off after u update, for more security.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...