How to create custom module webservice backend

jan-kratochvil

prestashop does support webservices already, and can be enabled in the back office. however to answer your question, yes there is nothing stopping you from creating a module that implements a webservice.

I would be curious why it would need to be a module? Why not just create a webservice and place it in a sub-directory of the store?

Hi, thanks for the answer, I will may be more specific about my problem. The thing is, that I have bought custom module related products, It works well, but I don't want to fill the data in the back-end. I would like to extend the module in a way, I could access it via webservice, like I access products and souch. You think, this is possible?

technically anything is possible, but again prestashop already has a built-in webservice function that would allow you to do this. perhaps you just need to alter that to match your custom products module.

otherwise if you are familiar with php and webservices, you should be able to extend the custom module anyway you see fit.

Hi, ok, thanks fof the answer, so my question is, how is it possible. I know, that prestashop has webservices, but I'm asking how can I integrate external module? I haven't found any tutorial or documentation how to do that.

The best solution would be, that it woud integrate into standard API at prestashop/api and I could manage access rights at AdminWebservice in the backend.

Could you please help me, or direct me to some documentation?

Thank you, Jan