Editing .tpl Files

Hey Guys,

I just installed a theme I purchased but I will be making some modifications to it. Now I am assuming that I edit the .tpl files, is this correct? I have not messed with these files much. I am use to .html .php files. Now for example, if I wanted to add a logo at the very top of my store... I would go to my themes folder and edit the header.tpl?

If so, I have placed random text to see if it would show up thru FTP and when I save the file and refresh my page nothing appears. Am I missing something? Do I need to click on a cache refresh somewhere? Im just a bit confused right now and need some help on how I edit certain areas. Now I know the software has the logo uploader but I was just using logo as an example.

Thanks

You need to clean (keep only index.php file) your tools/smarty/compile folder manually via ftp or from your BO preferences/performances and "force compile" (yes) and keep your blowfish class (no). Refresh you browser on your FO and later on you can see your modifications on .tpl files taking action ... do not forget to put back "force compile" on "no" and keep your blowfish class on "yes"

Hey condairy, welcome to PrestaShop! You should definitely check out the great tool called "FireBug" http://getfirebug.com/ there are many tutorials online that you can view about this powerful tool. It's mainly geared towards the .css codes of a site. It's a great tool nonetheless.

Hey DIT, I'm sure this is a silly question, but I actually do not know what blowfish class means?