Fedex Shipping Module ?

I was going to add Fedex as a shipping carrier and noticed on their website a notification of retiring the API on March 31st of this year.

Does anyone know if we will need a new module or will the new structure fron Fedex still work with Fedex module 1.2.6.

Here is the notice.

Since FedEx Web Services was introduced in August 2007, the FedEx Ship Manager® API and FedEx Ship Manager® Direct solutions were placed in containment and no new services or features have been added. On May 31, 2012, FedEx will retire our legacy FedEx Ship Manager API and FedEx Ship Manager Direct backend systems. Customers that have not transitioned to FedEx Web Services or another FedEx electronic shipping solution by this date will not be able to submit FedEx Ship Manager API or FedEx Ship Manager Direct transactions through the FedEx systems. To ensure you have received proper notification and ample time to make the necessary changes to your systems, we are informing you three years prior to the end-of-life date as you will be required to update your applications.

Ok so I installed the fFedex module, went through the Fedex webservices for my production ket, got the auth key and meter number.

received the email containing my password, account number,meter number and a url.

In the Fedex module i entered the info like this

(***Not 100% sure this is correct info required)

***Your Fedex Account - account number

Your Fedex meter Number - number from email

Your fedex password - password from email

Your Fedex Authentication key - number from email

And I get an error saying

Prestashop could not connect to FEDEX webservices :

No error description found

I get green checks on all except

Webservice test connection

Soap is enables

I checked my php.ini and soap does seem to be enables

; Boolean flags can be turned on using the values 1, On, True or Yes.

; They can be turned off using the values 0, Off, False or No.

[soap]

; Enables or disables WSDL caching feature.

soap.wsdl_cache_enabled=1

; Sets the directory name where SOAP extension will put cache files.

soap.wsdl_cache_dir="/tmp"

; (time to live) Sets the number of second while cached file will be used

; instead of original one.

soap.wsdl_cache_ttl=86400

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

I never used the built in Fedex module, as we have our own version.

I would do a search in the forum (for "Prestashop could not connect to FEDEX webservices"), as I'm pretty sure I have seen this before, and someone offered a solution, it does sound like you are pretty close.

Have done many searches and have not found a solution, Ipage claims that SOAP is enabled but the yellow triangle still appears in front of the Soap is enabled module status at the top of the module.

I have no idea what to do from here. :(

Does anyone using Ipage have this module working.

• 2 months later...

Have done many searches and have not found a solution, Ipage claims that SOAP is enabled but the yellow triangle still appears in front of the Soap is enabled module status at the top of the module.

I have no idea what to do from here. :(

Does anyone using Ipage have this module working.

did u ever find a solution? I have the same issue!

Yea they told me they could not install for just one person, the funny thing is that in the control panel they have an icon called simple scripts you can install Prestashop from there.

Seems funny to have something as part of your hosting service and yet not be able to fully support it.

They also do not support cron jobs so when my contract ends I will be moving to a new host.

It's not like installing this extension would affect other sites in any way, I find that sites with such restrictions usually also have poor configuration....

There are free sites that provide crob job support (URL based), a google search will find plenty of them.

• 6 months later...

We do provide free support, and we answer and help everyone.

If you are the customer I think you are, then we replied to all your messages, and told you to verify your Fedex credentials, as they seem incorrect.

When we used our own account info, the module works fine, but with your account info, it returns "Authentication Failed".

Having a valid Fedex account in a requirement for the module to work, and this is something you would have to check with Fedex, as we have indicated in every reply we sent you.

Yes, we have tested the module with both test & live accounts.

The module is using the standard API that Fedex provides, and we keep current with their releases.

Did you try to contact Fedex and double check that you have the correct credentials for rate lookup?

Now, here is the solution Presto Chargeo suggests:

Did you follow the steps below?

1) Visit http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/ Enter your login information and under "I want to go to" pick "Web Services".

2) Click on "Move to Production" in the lower right part of the page.

3) Scroll all the way down and click on "Obtain Production Key".

4) Select "No", "FedEx Web Services for Shipping", and the 3rd option that best matches.

5) Complete the application and you will get an email with your Password and Meter Number.

Regards,

Tomer.

They want me to go blindly into production!!! Have not they claimed that their test credentials were accepted? Why not mine?

Sincerely,

Nabil

I said the account can be used in test mode, but for getting rates the account needs to be in production.

It can only get rates with that account, it cannot do anything that would "mess something up".

If you follow the steps from the installation instructions, you could use the module, just like the hundreds of customers who bought it anduse it.