afterSaveProduct and addproduct hook issue

quitequick

Prestashop version 1.4.8.2. I'm new to Prestashop development and I'm having difficulty with the afterSaveProduct hook.

I have written a module that uses the addproduct hook. It works as I expect. Unfortunately, this hook does not get called with the CSV Import (I have no idea why!). So I am now using the afterSaveProduct hook instead. I realise that $params are different for each hook (unfortunately).

However, when using the afterSaveProduct hook and calling Product::getCover($product->id); with a valid $product->id, I get nothing returned and no reported errors. With the addproduct hook, it returns what I expect - an image_id.

I have tried tracing the code but I am a noob to Prestashop I can not obviously see what is going wrong. My only guess is that the DB is not being initialised correctly - but that is just a guess.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I was asleep, too many cookies you know.

For adminImport not hooking I tend to think that it is because, csv import is not a module (does not extends module class), and as hook depends on Module::hookExec.

For example Module::hookExec is triggered for watermark in adminImport but not for product update.

An override of a well choosen class or an override of adminimport could detect all products update.

Edited by math_php (see edit history)

Thanks, Math - but I can detect the product updates with the afterSaveProduct hook just fine. The problem is that Product::getCover($product->id); returns nothing when I call it from within the afterSaveProduct hook. I need to update an external DB when a new product is added/updated, and that includes the image(s).

Thinking about it... has the image been added to the DB by the time the afterSaveProduct hook is called? Is this the issue?