Burhan BVK

No email notification for some customer messages

Lately I have been seeing some customer messages in my seller account, but I don't receive any emails about these. The subject line says "Message Transmit from Addons", so I assume it was trough the addons team that these messages are delivered. I am successfully notified of the other messages I receive directly from customers, but not for these.

Edited by whitelighter (see edit history)

Hello,

We made a few modifications lately but we didn't touch this part. Can you confirm you didn't receive any mail in your SPAM folder ?

This is still going on. I receive notifications for direct contacts, but not for messages that say "transmit from addons". How do you expect me to respond to messages that I don't know about?

I was talking about the emails we get when someone sends a message, I don't receive it for messages that say "transmit from addons", for other messages I receive the email notification.

Thank you for the message whitelighter. Just to clarify so we can report this correct the issue. When a merchant clicks the button that says "Send a Message to the Developer" from the product page at the addon store. You do not receive that message in your E-mail?

I receive those messages in my email, it is the ones that say "transmit from addons" that I don't receive an email for.

Hello whitelighter, I have forwarded the message to the Add-On team and I will get back to you as soon as we have an update on further resolution. Thank you!

-Benjamin

It has been weeks since I reported this bug, it would take about an hour at most for a competent developer to fix a bug like this yet this issue still remains the same.

I am really disappointed by the way you maintain your own site. You fail to fix serious bugs that cause problems with customer communication and you never respond to the contact form on your own website.

Hi Ben and whitelighter,

Thanks for brining this my attention. Whitelighter, would you please give me a call at the office, 888 947-6543 when you have a chance? I would like to connect to your account and run a few tests with you so that we can get to the bottom of this "lack of transmission".

Thanks,

Matt

I'm having the same issue, too. I'm not even recieving emails when a customer buys one of my contributions any more.

if e-mail address is changed, this can be a problem

i think seller and customer e-mail addresses stored in different tables.

2 months ago I've had the same problem, but now working good..

Best Regards

It has been about a month since I reported this issue and it is still not fixed. I don't understand what is so hard to fix here. It is a ridiculously simple and crucial thing to fix. How are we supposed to provide support when there are so many problems on the addons site itself?

Hello whitelighter, thank you for the message. We are trying to help you solve the issue.

If you could please read

Whitelighter, would you please give me a call at the office, 888 947-6543 when you have a chance? I would like to connect to your account and run a few tests with you so that we can get to the bottom of this "lack of transmission". Thanks, Matt

Thank you for choosing PrestaShop, We will definitely work to resolve this issue.

-Benjamin

Hi Ben and whitelighter,

Thanks for brining this my attention. Whitelighter, would you please give me a call at the office, 888 947-6543 when you have a chance? I would like to connect to your account and run a few tests with you so that we can get to the bottom of this "lack of transmission".

Thanks,

Matt

Sent a PM.

Edited by whitelighter (see edit history)

He did receive it, and he says I should contact you for help.

It is not like I am asking help for my own site, there is a major bug on your system and I contact you with all the information necessary and you give me the runaround.

Nothing in my spam folder. I do receive confirmations and most of the notifications fine. Most of the messages I send via the contact form goes unanswered though. You have major communication problems on your site. Developers and customers both report these issues, and that is after they receive a confirmation that their message was delivered so it is not simply delivered to the spam folder. If that were the case the confirmation emails would most likely be in the spam folder too.

Some people just assume you or the developers don't answer the messages. Either they don't receive the reply or you don't receive the message. This is becoming a bigger problem by each day.

Hello whitelighter. Thank you for again for explaining this issue. The reason why I ask about the Spam folder is because although the confirmation E-mail from PrestaShop regarding that the message is sent send to the inbox, many times the Add-On responses have been sent to the Spam folder. If you could also let me know what E-mail provider are you using?

I also miss most of the e-mails. I received one and when i looked they are 3 more messages, this means that i never received two e-mails.

ohh goodness. i checked only the inbox. never thought it would be in spam. and thanks again. had the same problem. now solved.

ohh goodness. i checked only the inbox. never thought it would be in spam. and thanks again. had the same problem. now solved.

Hello, wier, thank you for the message. What E-mail service are you using?

I use a dedicated email server.

Hello whitelighter, have you tried to use a different provider to see if you better receive messages?

I don't think think I can make this any clearer than I already did. I don't understand why this thread is marked solved when you clearly have not done anything to fix it.

There is nothing wrong with my email provider, I have already provided enough information for an evaluation of this bug, I don't think repeating the same thing over and over again will change anything, you practically suggesting the same thing again and again does not help either. It is frustrating as it is that such a simple bug is not fixed after almost a month, but after all this I would rather live with this bug then explain it again and again.

This problem continues to this day. I think the addons team have proven themselves to be quite incompetent. Not only the system still fails to notify me of the messages transmitted from addons, I get messages about customers with order confirmation issues, something that is completely the full responsibility of the addons team, something that I can't do anything about yet they consistently redirect these messages to me. This is just frustrating.