Provide address for all users in checkout process

ember1205

Hi, all.

Trying to work out a "Local Pickup" option for a PrestaShop store. The store location has a fixed, known address. In order to calculate shipping costs and tax correctly, I want the customer to be able to choose "Store Pickup" as one of their address choices for delivery address and their home address for billing. In the database, I've created an address entry for the store and I know the ID number of it. What I'd like to do is to pick that as an address choice from the database while the checkout page is being built.

Where do I need to be looking in terms of which files to understand how the drop-down for "Choose a delivery address" is being built? Is the OrderController.php file the location where I would need to look?

I want the local pickup option for shipping to ONLY be shown if the customer has chosen the store address to ensure that tax is applied correctly. I can make it all work, but I don't want my customers having to specify the address of my store if they want to get the Local Pickup option. It's an unnecessary waste of space in the database to replicate the entry for every single user, so I want to update the DB connect process to ensure that it picks all addresses for the logged in user (based on id_customer value) and ALSO picks the address for the store identified by a known ID number.

Can anyone help me out here?

Gotta say... pretty disappointed in the COMPLETE lack of support for this product from the developers and the community. it would be one thing if the actual architecture, design, and function of this product were documented, but they aren't. And, it seems that everything that it does for standard rendering and database access if "[spam-filter]" enough that no one knows how to help.

I guess I'll have to move on to another product that will probably be a little less refined, but being able to understand how it actually works will allow me to properly extend the features that I need.