Quick Search block not working with other languages?

Since I need to search in Thai which is a non-Latin language, I workaround by changing my_shop\classes\Search.php,

llok for define('PREG_CLASS_SEARCH_EXCLUDE', ------------->> around line 31

remove

\x{e31}\x{e34}-\x{e3f}\x{e46}-\x{e4f}

So that these characters are not excluded (these are Thai vowels).

It works for me. Keep in mind that you may have to include different characters than mine.

I have not done extensive test, so don't know whether it also work for other languages. I believe that there must be more elegant way of doing this, I am appreciate if someone would enlighten me.

Edited by Suthichai (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

same issue here. I have English and Chinese. Search is not working at all when I switched to Chinese interface, not even working for searching English words.

another question, does the search require at least 3 characters to work?

In my case (Thai language), I have to remove from classes/Search.php, around line 41-42

Reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters#Thai

I make sure that U+0E01 to U+0E59 are not excluded. I think other non-latin language may be similar, and don't forget to rebuild the index (Preferences > Search > Rebuild Entire Index)

• 4 months later...

hello @Suthichai

if you are able, can you please let me know which charaters to remove from the define('PREG_CLASS_SEARCH_EXCLUDE', for cyrillic letters? i tried to find the according codes via wikipedia, but with no success. (i did rebuild the index, tho). using presta 1.5.3.1

thanks in advance!

igor.i, As far as I can see, Cyrillic is in the range of U+0400 and U+04FF, and I guess there isn't any that can be excluded in PREG_CLASS_SEARCH_EXCLUDE, except x{482}-\x{489} (which are Thousands Sign and Millions Sign) and it should be excluded any way. So I think (I maybe wrong) nothing can be done here.

But I think the $PS_ALLOW_ACCENTED_CHARS_URL may be the cause, try to add the missing record to your database, it might help.

See this post for the related issue

http://www.prestasho...l-friendly-url/

Add missing field

INSERT INTO `ps_configuration` (`id_shop_group`, `id_shop`, `name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`)
VALUES  (NULL, NULL, 'PS_ALLOW_ACCENTED_CHARS_URL', '1', '2013-01-02 00:00:00', '2013-01-02 00:00:00');

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Since I need to search in Thai which is a non-Latin language, I workaround by changing my_shop\classes\Search.php,

remove

So that these characters are not excluded (these are Thai vowels).

It works for me. Keep in mind that you may have to include different characters than mine.

I have not done extensive test, so don't know whether it also work for other languages. I believe that there must be more elegant way of doing this, I am appreciate if someone would enlighten me.

Hi. suthichai

what prestashop version do u used ??

i am using 1.5.6.1.. Is it work for me ??

7zhop

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks suthichai

remove

\x{e31}\x{e34}-\x{e3f}\x{e46}-\x{e4f}          So that these characters are not excluded (these are Thai vowels).

i am using 1.5.6.1.. Is it work for me .
7zhop

• 11 months later...