Alias address.. what is it?

Hi

I think that account registration script is overloaded with a bunch of customer addresses while 1 address is imo quite enough.

For instance, what does it mean (required field) "Assign an address title for future reference" -- My address ("alias" address) ?

Why do we require from customers to input twice their required (*) address?

Both fields, this one and Address1, are required, and i guess in 99% the same.

These suggested 3 addresses, Address1, Address2 and alias Address, are i'm sure tiresome and confusing for the customers.

Hi

I think that account registration script is overloaded with a bunch of customer addresses while 1 address is imo quite enough.

For instance, what does it mean (required field) "Assign an address title for future reference" -- My address ("alias" address) ?

Why do we require from customers to input twice their required (*) address?

Both fields, this one and Address1, are required, and i guess in 99% the same.

These suggested 3 addresses, Address1, Address2 and alias Address, are i'm sure tiresome and confusing for the customers.

Hi core-,

That field is for your customer's benefit. The Alias allows them to more easily remember which address is which on their account, for example Home or Office.

Address1 and Address2 are part of the same entry, Address2 is only needed if the address has a second line, such as an apartment number.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

I doubt that many people need a reminder of which is home and which is their office address..

I'm pretty certain that this field will be very confusing to my customers in the registration process (after all it was to me).

I was reading a topic (can't find it at the moment) about making it hidden in some css.

I would really like to remove it from the registration, so what do you think about it?

As for the Address2 as a part of the same entry, i think the field name (the both) was quite unfortunately chosen.

Since we have the field Address1 then it's kinda logical (to me at least) to presume that Address2 is the second address not second line. I think many customers would be confused with it, but at least i can resolve it in the field translation.

Thanks

edit:

i can see now the original field name was Address (Line 2), but i translated it (a while ago) as Address2, so it was my error.

Edited by core- (see edit history)
  • Like 1