Need some help

Jeff Himself

Hello community,

I was not completely sure where to put this thread so I just put it here, don't be to mad if it was wrong.

Enough small talk, I've got two problems which I was hoping that some of you might be able to help me with.

First:

Permanent links block v0.1 by PrestaShop

I would like to change the links from

To something else, but I can't find any config for that, is there a way to do this?

Second:

I bought the module "Nivo slider" (http://addons.presta...ivo-slider.html).

When this module is bought you get a .zip file with couple files in it, but I can't seem to upload it to my prestashop backoffice.

map structure

{

Nivoslider

css

- nivo-slider.css

img

- products

-- 2.jpg

-- 6.jpg

-- 8.jpg

-- 9.jpg

- arrows.png

- background.png

- bullets.png

- loading.gif

js

- jquery.nivo.slider.js

- jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js

- license.txt

config.xml

fr.php

getproducts.css

getproducts.js

getproducts.php

logo.gif

nivoslider.php

nivoslider.tpl

}

When trying to upload trough 'Add a module from my computer ' it says 'Unknown archive type'.

I'm not sure which file to upload tho, I sent it all up with the ftp client but no idea how to proceed..

PS!

I'm using basic_smart_ornamental_tomtom-1.4.4 theme, not sure if that matters, but I guess not.

could someone give me a hand here, would appreciate alot.

Thanks in advance

/Jeff

Edited by Jeff Himself (see edit history)

for the first item, the module hard codes specific items in the header and right/left block. You would have to manually change the template files in the modules folder blockpermanentlinks.tpl and blockpermanentlinks-header.tpl

Now you say you use a custom theme, so you would need to check if the theme has override those 2 files in the theme itself (as opposed to the modules folder).

on the second item, since you actually paid for the module, the first thing I would do is contact the author for support. If the author is not responsive, then you should report the author to prestashop so they can reach out to the author, and possibly have them removed from the store.

If the module is not packaged correctly (zip file), then you can just upload the module folder to your server using FTP. Just place the module under the modules folder. Then refresh the the back office modules page it should automatically appear.