View Attributes in Product-list

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Check out http://www.presto-ch...attributes.html

It lets you add attribute selections to any product on any page.

I tried to add my review on presto-changeo.com of this module and they deleted my review. As such I am posting it here so that people are informed before they purchase the module since it is not clearly stated on the site.

The module is good and does what it says, but there was one drawback that I wish was published more clearly. If you have multiple attributes it does not auto filter out combinations that don't exist. For example: if you sell t-shirts with Small, Medium, Large sizes in colors Red, Green, and Blue. But you only offer Medium in Blue, (but small and large red, green, blue are offered) the customers will still be able to choose Medium in Red or Green and a message will display that says this combination does not exist.

Imagine having many attributes with many combinations that do not exist, it will drive your customers crazy as it did mine. I really think that this should either have been built into the module or clearly explained before purchasing because it makes the module almost inoperable for many attributes.

Edited by shiggidydog (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The module is designed to give the same attribute functionality that exists on the product page, to product list pages, and that is exactly what the module does.

The module uses similar code, and gives the exact same results, just as the product description says, and the demo shows.

While we always appreciate feedback, and when a request is popular, we try to add it to the module, claiming that we mislead you in any way to think that this module does something it does not do is plain wrong.

Tomer, I'm not claiming that you mislead me. I knew what the module did, and before when I only had one attribute, it worked great! I just didn't realize that when I added two or more attributes that it wouldn't auto filter it.

I didn't mean to come off as harsh, but just trying to let people know that they will run into that same issue if they have many attributes. Is there anything wrong with publishing that information on your site? Maybe most people won't care but, it would have made me think twice before I purchased it, if I had known. I still probably would have bought it since there isn't another decent solution out there.

• Like 1

You started by claiming we deleted your review, which is inaccurate.

You made it sound like you wanted to "warn" people about a feature you thought would be included in the module.

The point I was trying to make is that you see the same behavior in our module, as you would on the default Prestashop product page (as our module mimics that), if Prestashop were hiding the unavailable attributes on the product page, then our module would do the same thing.

There are a few hundred customers using this module, and none has thus far had expected the module to behave in the way you mentioned, nor have we gotten any requests for it.

We can certainly add this feature to the "Wish-list" of the module, and based on demand, we will look into adding it to a future release.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...