Issues with LeoHiTech?

Hello,

I am currently using the LeoHiTech theme for my PrestaShop system. I downloaded it by registering and getting it free here:

http://www.leotheme.com/products/prestashop-templates/188-prestashop-leo-hitech.html

I have a few issues and I would like to ask how I might go about resolving them.

Though my site is in a part barebones state so thing aren't complete, here is the link so you may see my issues first hand:

http://shoptest.jameslittlewood.co.uk/

Please disregard the slideshow at the top which appears to be loading all the time - this is because I have removed all the images from it so it has nothing to load.

First of all, if you take a look at the welcome message - "Welcome to Folkdale TMD", you see that the subtitle below that, "RailWorks 3rd Party Addon Producers" is right up against the edge of the content box. If I add a few spaces at the beginning of the setting in the module configuration (using the default PrestaShop featured products module), they're just removed upon saving and there's no change. Is there any way I can indent this text slightly?

Looking below that, you may notice the "New product" itself - the "Class 37/9 Mirrlees...". Is there any way I can extend the maximum character length of the title for a featured product? You may also notice that its description is cut off, too - the same again here, can I make the max number of characters a little bigger to fit in the whole description? Of course that would mean the "New products" would be "bigger" in terms of the space they take up on the front page, but that's fine with me.

If you go onto the product itself you may notice that the "More Details" text stretches onto two lines. Is there a way to remedy this, too?

Also, the second "More Details" button (orange and white) isn't needed - is there a way I can have rid of it? I'm guessing this might not be to do with the theme, but editing a .tpl file relevant to product pages? Though I'm not sure.

Apologies if any of these questions do not fit into "editing themes", etc - I am pretty much a complete newbie to PrestaShop, so would not know what kind of thing might be involved in fixing these problems.

I await any assistance with patience. Thanks in advance!

1. To move to the right "RailWorks 3rd Party Addon Producers"

Find

in your editorial.css ( it is in the css folder of the editorial module)

line 9

Fix your left margin insert perhaps insert --10px

.editorial_block h2 ( margin: 1em 0px 0px 10px;

2. your 'more details' it is in the same line - am using Firefox.

3. I don't see any other more details - if you meant the 'more info' button

global.css line 226

ul.idTabsShort li a.selected

{display:none;

4. To expand width of the featured product item

global.css line 1062 change the percent value that suits your requirement e.g. 50%

#center_column .products_block ul li { width:50%

Hope it helps

Hi halenoor,

I have fixed problems 1 and 3 completely thanks to your help, and partly fixed number 4. But although the description text for the product is now longer, it still gets cut off, and the name is the same length. Any ideas?

Also, any help with problem 2 would be appreciated. I am viewing it with Chrome and this is when I have the problem, however when I view it with IE the problem is not there. However, the top menu bar goes onto two lines. (Looking into editing the relevant .css files)

I am using the experience I have gained to try and fix these problems myself, but like I said, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jameslit (see edit history)

Hi halenoor,

I have fixed problems 1 and 3 completely thanks to your help, and partly fixed number 4. But although the description text for the product is now longer, it still gets cut off, and the name is the same length. Any ideas?

Also, any help with problem 2 would be appreciated. I am viewing it with Chrome and this is when I have the problem, however when I view it with IE the problem is not there. However, the top menu bar goes onto two lines. (Looking into editing the relevant .css files)

I am using the experience I have gained to try and fix these problems myself, but like I said, any help would be appreciated.

sorry took me a while, been busy on stuff and can't spend much time on here :(

anyway, for the More details---

this is for the p.buttons_bottom_block

increase width to about 150px ( check this value for optimal number I am just setting an example)

in product.css line 92

#primary_block p.buttons_bottom_block {

width: 150px;

then do this for the a.button

go to global.css 4621 find a.button

insert:

width:150px

text-align:center;

Hope it helps you.

Edited by halennoor (see edit history)

That's OK, the main thing is you still do come on here and help people like me :)

Your solution has worked - all the bits of text are now displayed properly in the middle of their respective buttons. All that's left now is to extend the product name and description on the front page. I think I've found the right css file to do that - I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help, it's been invaluable.

To do #4 is not simply changing css.

For the Class 37/9 Mirrlees...

Find in your_theme > modules > homefeatured > homefeatured.tpl

<h5><a href="{$product.link}" title="{$product.name|truncate:50:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.name|truncate:35:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</a></h5>

change truncate:35 to say 80

This supposed to determine how many characters to truncate.

Same thing with product description

<div class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:65:'...'}</a></div>

<div>

i haven't tried this but change truncate:65 to say 80.

Note that your product name and description if they are very long, may appear to overlap with other elements. That you may want to look at your css files.

Hope it helps.

Edited by halennoor (see edit history)