chris2407

How to filter products by color if not use combinations?

Hi,

the filtering of products by color when i use color combination groups works fine in my PS. But im wondering how can i use the filter by color function in the category if a product has not combinations... also to some products i want to set several colors for example red and pink.

How can i do this in prestashop? Is this possible with the features of the product?

many thanks

chris

Hi chris,

Have you tried using PrestaShop's Layered Navigation module?

-Mike

Hi Mike Kranzler

it's possible to setting block layered navigation on all pages...??

I have exactly the same problem. No combinations but I would like to set color filter, so I don't know if create combinations and after set layered navigation is rigth...

so if you haven't got combinations  - how you define colors for your products/

Thanks vekia! This is the point... I have 500 products, and color filter is essential, but there is no product variation. I mean, one design is blue, and there is no variation of that design in other color or size. So I don't know if combinations in this issue are correct, because when I think in combination I imagine "variation". The only way I know is attributes, combination and layered navigation, but I don't know if is correct.

Could someone give me a hand?

That would be simply done by defining only one variation per product, have you tried it?

And what if there is a product (watches) that has more colors (for example WHITE dial with RED numbers) and you want both of that colors in your filter. 

So the product will show up when I choose red OR white color in my filter. But it is still just ONE product combination (variation). 

I would resove that by defining two atributes, like two sets of colors.

Every variation with its own picture and that's it.

But there is just one variation.. so one picture. 

Watches like this has 2 colors (red and black). 

70784-Battalion-Field-Chrono_300-232x397

You could choose one dominant color, or upload a texture when defining a color that looks like this:

ibcoe34oLOyIhN.jpg

But we have 2500 products with plenty of color variations by one product. Color filter would look like circus :)

So there is no simple solution? I dont want to satisfy just with one color per product. I want to show every product with RED color to my customer.. :/ Because as a customer I would expect that the filter will work that way.

So my first solution would work, I think you don't understand exactly what I suggested.

Two SETS (or LISTS of colors) not 2 colors.  

LISTS  Color 1   and  Color 2    both containing all the colors, if you want.

From the first list you choose black and from the second you choose red. That would filter your product.

Yes, but then you will have 2 filters for the same thing.. or I still dont get it :/

And what if I choose colors in opposite direction? 

How can i set price filter in category page like

$51-$100

$101-$150

$151-$200

please suggest as i want to please it in the category page so my customer can easily filter products from their specified price.

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More