Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our customer is using PrestaShop 1.4.6.2 and is experiencing a weird problem with sorting of products.

 

No matter if he uses the up- and down-arrows or drag-and-drops the products, they does not update their position. The next time he enters the product category in the backoffice, the products are sorted the same way as before - his changes aren't saved.

 

Anyone who have had the same problem and found a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

Actually, I did not faced such an issue before. However, I can offer you to try the application that I personally use. It is called Store Manager for Prestashop - http://www.prestashopmanager.com/

 

Using it you can change the position of your products withing the category by means of "Up product position" and "Down product position" buttons.

 

If you use the link I provided you above you can read the details on the products. Also there is 30-days trial version. You can give it a try and check if it helps and let me know the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Moskjaer,

 

I am on 1.4.8.3 and not experiencing the problem there. So maybe it is an option to upgrade.

 

Best regards,

Tim van Steenbergen,

www.underfashion.nl / www.tieka.nl

Edited by Tim van Steenbergen (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest just adding a product and try sorting it. Then deleting the product. Sometimes things just get stuck. Also try sorting yourself. It uses ajax for the sorting and it could be a browser related issue also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our customer is using PrestaShop 1.4.6.2 and is experiencing a weird problem with sorting of products.

 

No matter if he uses the up- and down-arrows or drag-and-drops the products, they does not update their position. The next time he enters the product category in the backoffice, the products are sorted the same way as before - his changes aren't saved.

 

Anyone who have had the same problem and found a fix?

 

I have the same problem in 1.5.6.2.

 

Somewhere around the adding of the 350th product id my preferences of sorting dissappear after every action. All sorting option work, but there seams to be no memory of it.

 

For example:

I want to sort products on price,.. no problem,.. but when I click on the second page, the sorting is back to id.

 

Same for sorting on categories, name, and so on..

 

How can I fix this? Anyone?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having a problem with changes in product sorting "sticking" while viewing products filtered by category in version 1.6.0.9.

The Product Preferences are set to "Position inside category" so the sort order should change in the front office once the indicator says it has updated.

 

Also, after anything is done that refreshes the product listing page in the back office, the product you just moved returns to its original position before you tried to change it. Every once in a while the change does actually stick.

 

My current website installation was an upgrade from 1.5.6.2 - in the event that makes any difference.

 

Anyone can shed light on why I am having this problem would be most helpful...

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest just adding a product and try sorting it. Then deleting the product. Sometimes things just get stuck. Also try sorting yourself. It uses ajax for the sorting and it could be a browser related issue also.

I cannot let this go without a response...

 

Things do not "just get stuck"... with software or computers. Anytime something "gets stuck" it is indicative of either a software malfunction (ie - bad error handling, sloppy code which doesn't clean up after itself, memory leaks, or some other similar issue) or in the extreme case - a hardware event (which rarely happens unless your computer is overheating - you don't get too many retries on hardware failures)

 

This is the kind of response I would expect from a grade school child - absolutely of no use to anyone :rolleyes:

 

What I CAN say about this issue is that if I go into the database table and manually update the position field for each item, everything works as it should, which tells me that the software is either not actually executing the sql query that updates that field for each of the items, or the update loop itself is broken, or may not even be getting called - since this is primarily an object driven application. If someone could tell me where exactly to look, I could probably actually solve this problem. I do not however have the time to sift through thousands of lines of code - I need to focus on actually running my business.  :wacko:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a rather common problem. What I have understood from others is that this has to do with position numbers. So if you move something between position 5 and 6 it will get one of those two numbers too. That can lead to a situation where a lot of products have the same position number and sorting doesn't work anymore.

 

If you use product-sort from Triple Edit (for free) new position numbers are assigned and everything should work again in the backoffice too. I assume that Store Manager (mentioned in post #2) and other paid solution work similarly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More