Zenith

[MODULE - 1.4.x] Product Ratings Suite

A complete ratings package for your PrestaShop 1.4.x store.

Allow customers/visitors to rate products. Add a BO Stats page and FO Block to show the best rated products.

- Ratings of Products in AJAX v0.97

- Best Rated Products BO Stats v1.2

- Best Rated Products FO Block v1.5

NOTE: This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4.x. It is NOT for PrestaShop 1.5.x!

If you are updating from a previous Product Ratings Suite version just overwrite the old files with these newer files, DO NOT un-install and re-install the modules or any existing ratings WILL be deleted!

productrating_suite_v1.6.zip

Edited by Zenith (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks Zenith for sharing this module ;)

Will try it.

Best regards,

ysco..

It's nothing new, just split from the previous thread to avoid confusion with an old version from another author.

Hello, I keep getting this error on the product pages:

Error: Unknown column 'total_votes' in 'field list'

Waiting your reply, thanks!

Sorry, solved. I forgot to modify the file product.php in / classes

The problem now is that the images do not appear (the stars).

Sorry!, solved too. I forgot to activate the "Force Compilation".

Excelent module! 10 stars :)

Edited by webmaster-fm (see edit history)

Hi and thank you for this module.

I installed it on a 1.4.6.2 version on Presrtashop but i can only give one rating by product (when i give a rating on the product when i am logged with an account x, i cant give a rating when i am logged with an account y).

Can you help me on this problem ?

thank you in advance !

Hi,

I have the same problem, but when I am logged in my website with my phone, I can rate. I think that the module detect the ip to avoid the same person rates more than one time for a product.

This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4+.

PS 1.5 RC is not a stable release for production sites.

Edited by Zenith (see edit history)

A complete ratings package for your PrestaShop store.

Allow customers/visitors to rate products. Add a BO Stats page and FO Block to show the best rated products.

NOTE: This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4+

If you are updating from a previous Product Ratings Suite version just overwrite the old files with these newer files, DO NOT un-install and re-install the modules or any existing ratings WILL be deleted!

Muchas gracias probaré a ver qué tal va, y te comento.

After install, the module doesn't show up in the Backoffice. Here's my configuration:

---------------------------

Despues de instalarlo, no me aparece en el Backoffice el modulo para configurarlo. Esta es mi configuracion:

Información sobre su servidor

Versión de PrestaShop: 1.4.8.3

Información sobre su servidor: Linux #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 00:52:02 GMT 2012 x86_64

Versión del software servidor: Apache

Versión de PHP: 5.2.17

Versión de MySQL: 5.1.63-cll

Información sobre la tienda

Nombre del tema utilizado: ElNaranjal

Información sobre el email

Modo de envío de emails: Utiliza sus parámetros SMTP

Servidor SMTP: smtp.gmail.com

Usuario: Definido

Contraseña: Definido

Encriptación: tls

Puerto: 465

Sus datos

Información sobre usted: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/10.04 Chromium/18.0.1025.151 Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19

@CyJambo

Hearing from Zenith that you added the GRS code for this module. Below the message that i posted earlier on http://prestashop-ad...ml#comment-form

It might interest you, and perhaps you are able to fix or give me some tips of doing it myself. thanks!

--

Hi guys,

Really great that you are contributing this, module is working, just have 2 points of attention

1) after applying a while ago to have the rich snippets included in google serps, i got a mail recently that they dont show the rating anymore as it contains hidden content.

main comment from google:

---

HIDDEN MARKUPS

Your content is marked up for rich snippets, but that content isn’t actually visible on the page itself. In general, Google won't display any content in rich snippets that human visitors can’t see.

Here’s an example of the hidden content we found on your site:

URL: http://www.pipeline-...c-joyetech.html

Markup Type: Review-aggregate, Shopping

Hidden content:..<./.s.p.a.n.> <.d.i.v. property="gr:name" content="PIPELINE e-sigaret eGo-C" xml:lang="nl">

---

I understand what they mean and why, now the getting this fixed part. Anyone able/willing to share some tips. hoping that based on some advise i could change the code to make it complaint (and of course share the result)

Hi Dave,

This is because the

span called "hreview-aggregate" is a hidden element and within this span all the other span's are hidden. And it seems like Google needs this info to be visible.

<span class="hreview-aggregate" style="display: none !important;"> <span class="item"> <span class="fn">Name of the product</span> </span>, <span class="rating"> <span class="average">10.0</span> out of <span class="best">10</span> based on <span class="votes">4</span> ratings <span class="summary"></span> </span> </span>

The problem is that if you make this visible then you will have this info ("Name of the product" and "10.0 out of 10 based on 4 ratings") somewhere on the page which for me is not ideal. You could of course remove the item and fn span's and put these around the title in the template code which will play out nicely. And replace the standard "Rating: 10.0/10 (4 votes cast)" text which the plugin gives with the one google needs: "10.0 out of 10 based on 4 ratings".

Anyway, easiest thing to do is to change the hreview-aggregate span in the plugin to be visible. So remove the style display, like this:

<span class="hreview-aggregate"> <span class="item"> <span class="fn">Name of the product</span> </span>, <span class="rating"> <span class="average">10.0</span> out of <span class="best">10</span> based on <span class="votes">4</span> ratings <span class="summary"></span> </span> </span>

Hope this helps!

When I have some time (maybe next week) I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with a nice solution.

If you figure it out in the meantime, please share the result :)

thx!

How to vote more than once from a guest?

You can only vote once per product per IP address.

hi, may i have it for version 1.2 ? thx

I don't go backwards, you need to move forwards and update your store!

Hi, before the version 1.4.9 of Prestashop, the module works perfectly and the google rich snippset too, but now I cannot see the rich snippset in Google. I don't know if I am the only one to have this problem.

Hi

By using productrating module i'm able to give ratings to the product, but by using the blockbestrated module i'm not getting any top rated products.

Thanks in advance.

I confirm what this module don´t is compatible with presta 1.5. The product page isn´t displays

thank for sharing anyway

A complete ratings package for your PrestaShop store.

NOTE: This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4+

All product votes disappear after ... refresh the page :)

Why do you need this in PS1.5 when the same functionality is there in Product Comments. You can extend it further by adding support for rich snippets by changing just 8 lines in productcomments-extra.tpl.

Check out my page: http://bit.ly/Qbldla

Please let me know if my assumption is wrong..

Why do you need this in PS1.5 when the same functionality is there in Product Comments. You can extend it further by adding support for rich snippets by changing just 8 lines in productcomments-extra.tpl.

Hi premanshu

i go and check same with my presta shop 1.15.0.17 version if that works for me. i have installed product rating to my site http://leondesign.3i...e210-blanc.html

Thanks again premanshu

Thanks

Kamlesh

Core PHP, CodeIngiter, Cake PHP, Joomla,Wordpress, PrestaShop Developer

http://3iinfo.com/

Edited by barkamlesh@gmail.com (see edit history)

Hi I can't see file productcomments-extra.tpl in the zip.

Could you please show code changes to get ratings to work?

Hi I can't see file productcomments-extra.tpl in the zip.

Could you please show code changes to get ratings to work?

this post is of module product-rating and the file that you search is of module productcomments

best regards

Hello can someone provide me a link to show me how this looks in a products page? I want to see the layout please before loading it onto my back office.

Thank you

Clayton

Anyone found a solution to the:

Warning: This information will not appear as a rich snippet in search results, because it is contained in a hidden HTML element. Except in special circumstances, Google won't display content that is not visible to the user. You should mark up the text that actually appears to your users when they visit your web pages.

You just have to change the line 9 on the productrating.tpl

<span class="hreview-aggregate" style="display: none !important;">

and replace it by

<span class="hreview-aggregate" style="color: white">

After just change the right color in your website, in my case it was white to be invisible.

It works now fine in my website.

Edited by dsilvestre (see edit history)

Hi guys!

I have installed this pack of modules and works OK. But I have seen a disadvantage in the module "productrating":

- If you have activated the option to "only logged can vote", If you see the stars in the product, there isn't any message informing that only logged users can vote..but If you are not logged, you can't vote.

MODIFICATION

I have modified productrating.php and productrating.tpl so when a customer is not logged, a message below to stars says "Only registered users can vote!", but If you have just logged, this message is not shown.

Attachment the modified module.

enjoy it!!

productrating(modified).zip

• Like 1

Thanks Zenith

this dosen't works for PS 1.5.0.17

i have changed couple of things related to db please anbody check and update something more to work it for 1.5

Thank barkamlesh works well on prestashop 1.5 but always make only one vote. I've checked code and found. You did incorrect changes in rpc.php and in dp.php files. You changed rows $numbers = mysql_fetch_assoc($query) width execute but its not right, you must change width getRow. The right files:

rpc.php

<?php
/*
Page:		   rpc.php
Created:		Aug 2006
Last Mod:	   Mar 18 2007
This page handles the 'AJAX' type response if the user
has Javascript enabled.
---------------------------------------------------------
ryan masuga, masugadesign.com
ryan@masugadesign.com
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
See credits.txt for full credit details.
--------------------------------------------------------- */
header("Cache-Control: no-cache");
header("Pragma: nocache");
require(dirname( dirname( dirname( dirname(__FILE__ )))).'/config/config.inc.php');
require(dirname( dirname(__FILE__ )).'/productrating.php');
require('_config-rating.php');
$productrating = new productrating();
//getting the values
$vote_sent = preg_replace('/[^0-9]/', '', $_REQUEST['j']);
$vote_sent = (int)$vote_sent;
$id_sent   = preg_replace('/[^0-9a-zA-Z]/', '', $_REQUEST['q']);
$id_sent   = (int)$id_sent;
$ip_num	= preg_replace('/[^0-9\.]/', '', $_REQUEST['t']);
$units	 = preg_replace('/[^0-9]/', '', $_REQUEST['c']);
$units	 = (int)$units;
$ip	 = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
// kill the script because normal users will never see this.
if ($vote_sent > $units)
die('Sorry, vote appears to be invalid.');
// connecting to the database to get some information
$numbers = Db::getInstance()->getRow("SELECT `total_votes`, `total_value`, `used_ips` FROM `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` WHERE `id` = '$id_sent'");
//$numbers = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
$checkIP = unserialize($numbers['used_ips']);
$count = $numbers['total_votes']; // how many votes total
$current_rating = $numbers['total_value']; // total number of rating added together and stored
$sum = $vote_sent + $current_rating; // add together the current vote value and the total vote value
$tense = ($count == 1) ? $productrating->traduz('vote') : $productrating->traduz('votes'); // plural form votes/vote
// checking to see if the first vote has been tallied
// or increment the current number of votes
($sum == 0 ? $added = 0 : $added = $count + 1);
// if it is an array i.e. already has entries the push in another value
((is_array($checkIP)) ? array_push($checkIP, $ip_num) : $checkIP = array($ip_num));
$insertip = serialize($checkIP);
// IP check when voting
$voted_res = Db::getInstance()->Execute("SELECT `used_ips` FROM `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` WHERE `used_ips` LIKE '%".$ip."%' AND `id` = '".$id_sent."'");
$voted=Db::getInstance()->Affected_Rows();
if (!$voted)
// if the user hasn't yet voted, then vote normally...
if (($vote_sent >= 1 && $vote_sent <= $units) && ($ip == $ip_num))
{
 // keep votes within range
 $update = "UPDATE `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` SET `total_votes` = '".$added."', `total_value` = '".$sum."', `used_ips` = '".$insertip."' WHERE `id` = '$id_sent'";
 $result = Db::getInstance()->execute($update);
}
// these are new queries to get the new values!
$numbers = Db::getInstance()->getRow("SELECT `total_votes`, `total_value`, `used_ips` FROM `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` WHERE `id` = '$id_sent'");
//$numbers = mysql_fetch_assoc($newtotals);
$current_rating = $numbers['total_value']; // total number of rating added together and stored
$tense = ($count == 1) ? $productrating->traduz('vote') : $productrating->traduz('votes'); // plural form votes/vote
// $new_back is what gets 'drawn' on your page after a successful 'AJAX/Javascript' vote
$new_back = array();
$new_back[] .= '<ul class="unit-rating" style="width: '.$units * $rating_unitwidth.'px;">';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="current-rating" style="width: '.@number_format($current_rating / $count, 2) * $rating_unitwidth.'px;">Current rating.</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r1-unit">1</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r2-unit">2</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r3-unit">3</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r4-unit">4</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r5-unit">5</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r6-unit">6</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r7-unit">7</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r8-unit">8</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r9-unit">9</li>';
$new_back[] .= '<li class="r10-unit">10</li>';
$new_back[] .= '</ul>';
$new_back[] .= '<p class="voted">'.$productrating->traduz('Rating').': <strong>'.@number_format($sum / $added, 1).'</strong>/'.$units.' ('.$count.' '.$tense.' '.$productrating->traduz('cast').')';
$new_back[] .= '<br /><span class="thanks">'.$productrating->traduz('Thanks for voting!').'</span></p>';
$allnewback = join("\n", $new_back);
// name of the div id to be updated | the html that needs to be changed
$output = "unit_long$id_sent|$allnewback";
echo $output;

and db.php

<?php
/*
Page:		   db.php
Created:		Aug 2006
Last Mod:	   Mar 18 2007
This page handles the database update if the user
does NOT have Javascript enabled.
---------------------------------------------------------
ryan masuga, masugadesign.com
ryan@masugadesign.com
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
See credits.txt for full credit details.
--------------------------------------------------------- */
header("Cache-Control: no-cache");
header("Pragma: nocache");
require(  dirname( dirname( dirname( dirname(__FILE__ )))).'/config/config.inc.php' );
require(  dirname( dirname(__FILE__ )).'/productrating.php' );
require('_config-rating.php');
$productrating = new productrating();
// getting the values
$vote_sent = preg_replace('/[^0-9]/', '', $_REQUEST['j']);
$vote_sent = (int)$vote_sent;
$id_sent = preg_replace('/[^0-9a-zA-Z]/', '', $_REQUEST['q']);
$id_sent = (int)$id_sent;
$ip_num = preg_replace('/[^0-9\.]/', '', $_REQUEST['t']);
$units = preg_replace('/[^0-9]/', '', $_REQUEST['c']);
$units = (int)$units;
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$referer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
// kill the script because normal users will never see this.
if ($vote_sent > $units)
die('Sorry, vote appears to be invalid.');
// connecting to the database to get some information
$numbers = Db::getInstance()->getRow("SELECT `total_votes`, `total_value`, `used_ips` FROM `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` WHERE `id` = '$id_sent'") ;
//$numbers = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
$checkIP = unserialize($numbers['used_ips']);
$sum = $vote_sent + $current_rating; // add together the current vote value and the total vote value
// checking to see if the first vote has been tallied
// or increment the current number of votes
($sum == 0 ? $added = 0 : $added = $count + 1);
// if it is an array i.e. already has entries the push in another value
((is_array($checkIP)) ? array_push($checkIP, $ip_num) : $checkIP = array($ip_num));
$insertip = serialize($checkIP);
// IP check when voting
$voted_res = Db::getInstance()->Execute("SELECT `used_ips` FROM `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` WHERE `used_ips` LIKE '%".$ip."%' AND `id` = '".$id_sent."'");
$voted=Db::getInstance()->Affected_Rows();
if (!$voted)
{
// if the user hasn't yet voted, then vote normally...
if (($vote_sent >= 1 && $vote_sent <= $units) && ($ip == $ip_num))
{
 // keep votes within range
 $update = "UPDATE `$rating_dbname`.`$rating_tableName` SET `total_votes` = '".$added."', `total_value` = '".$sum."', `used_ips` = '".$insertip."' WHERE `id` = '$id_sent'";
 $result = Db::getInstance()->Execute($update);
}

header("Location: $referer");
exit;
}
header("Location: $referer");
exit;

Edited by anisimow (see edit history)

It works in PS 1.5.2, but only 1 vote is posible.

Anybody knows how to fix it please ?

Thanks a lot !!

It works in PS 1.5.2, but only 1 vote is posible.

Anybody knows how to fix it please ?

Thanks a lot !!

look at my changes above your topic

By the way, the Google Snippets works with this PS 1.5.x version ?

How long it takes for google to show it at searches ?

THANKS AGAIN !!

By the way, the Google Snippets works with this PS 1.5.x version ?

How long it takes for google to show it at searches ?

THANKS AGAIN !!

if you want to check up your snippest try this tool http://www.google.co...ls/richsnippets

Usually it takes effect in two weeks. If something wrong or you want to extend it you can read google doc about snippest and change in productrating.tpl the string acording your needs )

{if $votes && $grs}
 <span class="item">
  <span class="fn">{$product->name}</span>
 </span>,
 <span class="rating">
  <span class="average">{$allratings}</span> out of
  <span class="best">{$maxunit}</span> based on
  <span class="votes">{$votes}</span> ratings
  <span class="summary"></span>
 </span>
</span>
{/if}

And don't forget to checked field "Enable Google Rich Snippets" in configuration of this module)

Hi, it does not work for me. On PS 1.5 I have the following mistake "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in /htdocs/_config-rating.php on line 16"

does anyone have an issue ?

I dont like the one path /htdocs/_config-rating.php maybe your server determinate a wrong relative path in require instruction, try change require('_config-rating.php'); with require(dirname(__FILE__) . '/_config-rating.php'); in _drawrating.php (23row), db.php(21 row), rpc.php (21 row)

by the way , the most important row is

$rating_dbname		= _DB_NAME_;
$rating_tableName	 = _DB_PREFIX_.'ratings';

the other you can delete

or you can change the one require declarations by this two rows

dear Sir, Thanks for your quick reply,

now it display this to me

Warning: require() [function.require]: Unable to access /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating_config-rating.php in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 23

Warning: require(/htdocs/modules/productrating/rating_config-rating.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 23

Warning: require() [function.require]: Unable to access /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating_config-rating.php in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 23

Warning: require(/htdocs/modules/productrating/rating_config-rating.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 23

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/htdocs/modules/productrating/rating_config-rating.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in/htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 23

sorry forgot to add a slash try replace with this require(dirname(__FILE__) . '/_config-rating.php')

or replace with this strings

$rating_dbname	  = _DB_NAME_;
$rating_tableName  = _DB_PREFIX_.'ratings';

thanks for you quick reply. I've done both changement but it still does not work

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: [2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via unix:///var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock) in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: No such file or directory in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /htdocs/modules/productrating/rating/_drawrating.php on line 33

Error: No such file or directory

I think I wont use this module.

With my utmost Respect, Thanks again for your help.

Dont quit up. You solved one mistake and got enather). it looks like you have some strange version. On my vertion on line 33 nothing espetialy mysql_query() . I sent you my version to

piotrowski-s@hotmail.fr

Dear all,

i would like to thank Славик Анисимов who set up this module on my website.

I have a last standard problem.

In fact when I try to vote, the rollover properties does not overright the stars that are empty but it write some new stars down, I would like to make the news star on the empty stars. http://omega-nutrition.fr/16-arginine-liquid.html

Is there a way I can do that ?

anykind of help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

SP.

Hi Premanshu,

I'm interesting by the code in productcomments-extra.tpl but the link in your page is broken,

Can you help me, please

Thanks

Philippe

hi all products showed to the tools google but not showing to search ,i got error this

This information will not appear as a rich snippet in search results, because it is contained in a hidden HTML element. Except in special circumstances, Google won't display content that is not visible to the user. You should mark up the text that actually appears to your users when they visit your web pages.

what bad in me site?

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kvepinkis.lt%2Fgianfranco-ferre%2F6197-gianfranco-ferre-essence-deau-edp-moterims-75ml.html&html=

http://www.kvepinkis...erims-75ml.html

Edited by tikis (see edit history)

you have one element in you product page which contains product summary and product votes, this element is hidden by display:none and google doesnt like not visible elements like that

<span class="item">
  <span class="fn">Gianfranco Ferre Essence d´Eau EDP moterims 75ml.</span>
 </span>,
 <span class="rating">
  <span class="average">10.0</span> out of
  <span class="best">10</span> based on
  <span class="votes">1</span> ratings
 </span>
</span>

Edited by lain (see edit history)

and how change this element to administration panel ,bc it is to all shop this

<span class="hreview-aggregate" style="position: absolute ; left:-9999px;">

or something similar

i've PS 1.5.3.1 and the error in installation :

Error: Access denied for user 'XXXX'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I ges your problem in authentication, not in module. login with admin rights

I ges your problem in authentication, not in module. login with admin rights

I do not understand what you say, I installed the module, the data in the database should take them alone.

or something similar

sorry for the stupid question but where is this line code? where find and replace ,in wish catalog

sorry for the stupid question but where is this line code? where find and replace ,in wish catalog
In every modules. NameOfYourModule.tpl

in your prestashop installation /modules/productrating/productrating.tpl file

and how change this element to administration panel ,bc it is to all shop this

i change to this and nothing changed to search ,i indexed via google webmaster tools but not results after 3 days

with presta 1.5.3.1 i have this error in product.tpl after activa module

Error: Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

can you help me please?

with presta 1.5.3.1 i have this error in product.tpl after activa module

Error: Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

can you help me please?

try this http://yadi.sk/d/_NaWIdtY2nJJM maybe you have corrupt version) Link temporarry Edited by anisimow (see edit history)

i change to this and nothing changed to search ,i indexed via google webmaster tools but not results after 3 days

what I do now,what solutions?

try this http://yadi.sk/d/XzCA9Rrc2WmOP maybe you have corrupt version) Link temporarry

Hello,

I took your version and the module works, and there is opportunity to vote.

By cons, in the configuration of the module, when I want to change any settings, I save, and when I go back to configuring the module, everything is back to default. I find it impossible to activate the option google rich snippets and allow visitors to vote.

Someone has an idea how to rectify it?

Sincerely yours

Hello,

I took your version and the module works, and there is opportunity to vote.

By cons, in the configuration of the module, when I want to change any settings, I save, and when I go back to configuring the module, everything is back to default. I find it impossible to activate the option google rich snippets and allow visitors to vote.

Someone has an idea how to rectify it?

Sincerely yours

I found a small bug. There was comand to sql query "Execute" instend of "execute". If your server case sensetive you could have this trouble. Maybe that's why it didnt work correctly on your server. This module needed to be clened up, becouse it has been made for prestashop 1.2 or 1.3 version and then addapted every time. But I didnt have time for that. So try tis version http://yadi.sk/d/_NaWIdtY2nJJM I changed a little. On this test sight it works correctly. http://loloca.besaba.com/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=7 here you can check up Google Rich Snippets http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets just enter url above and you will see the votes. Notise when you configure this module there is two save bottom, one for save common config and another for stars. If you have trouble with your sight contact mee I will help you.

I have made a few changes, so try download it again. It like works more correctly.

http://yadi.sk/d/_NaWIdtY2nJJM

hello,

thank you for making changes and trying to fix the module.

But it does not work, I uninstalled the previous version and delete everything and re install your new version. but the problem remains.

I'm PS.1.5.2 on a Linux server with apache v 5.3.10-1

I tried to égallement rights to chmod 777 for this module, but it changes nothing.

I do not see that problem.

Thank you in advance

johan

You can try open _config-rating.php in folder productrating/rating and add script after $rating_unitwidth = 22;

$conn = mysql_connect($rating_dbhost,$rating_dbuser,$rating_dbpass);

if (!$conn) die ("error connection");

mysql_select_db($rating_dbname,$conn) or die ("Database not found");

Weeks ago I deleted in productrating.tpl "style=display:none" and since then appear rating stars and votes correctly in http://www.google.co...ls/richsnippets without google errors messages. But after of 4 weeks in google search don´t displays rating stars when It is visible in richsnippet testing tool. Google search displays correctly breadcrumb of categories, price and stock but don´t display rating stars with this code.

<span class="hreview-aggregate">
 <span class="item">
  <span class="fn">{$product->name}</span>
 </span>
 <span class="rating" style="bottom:60px; left:5px; position:relative;">
  <span class="average">{$allratings}</span>
  <span class="best">{$maxunit}</span>
  <span class="votes">{$votes}</span>
 </span>
</span>

Anyone knows where is the error in this code?

edit: Tested in PS 1.4.6 and 1.5.2 and waiting 4weeks

Edited by seog (see edit history)

Can someone help me to implement this module. I tried it but it wont show where we can rate the product. I am new to prestashop.

My email address is jason.oconner@hotmail.com

Hi Dave,

This is because the

span called "hreview-aggregate" is a hidden element and within this span all the other span's are hidden. And it seems like Google needs this info to be visible.

<span class="hreview-aggregate" style="display: none !important;"> <span class="item"> <span class="fn">Name of the product</span> </span>, <span class="rating"> <span class="average">10.0</span> out of <span class="best">10</span> based on <span class="votes">4</span> ratings <span class="summary"></span> </span> </span>

The problem is that if you make this visible then you will have this info ("Name of the product" and "10.0 out of 10 based on 4 ratings") somewhere on the page which for me is not ideal. You could of course remove the item and fn span's and put these around the title in the template code which will play out nicely. And replace the standard "Rating: 10.0/10 (4 votes cast)" text which the plugin gives with the one google needs: "10.0 out of 10 based on 4 ratings".

Anyway, easiest thing to do is to change the hreview-aggregate span in the plugin to be visible. So remove the style display, like this:

<span class="hreview-aggregate"> <span class="item"> <span class="fn">Name of the product</span> </span>, <span class="rating"> <span class="average">10.0</span> out of <span class="best">10</span> based on <span class="votes">4</span> ratings <span class="summary"></span> </span> </span>

Hope this helps!

When I have some time (maybe next week) I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with a nice solution.

If you figure it out in the meantime, please share the result :)

thx!

But google doesn't like hidden words so how can we fix this ?