Cannot connect to prestashop.com to get languages list.

Yes I did, but mainly this function doesnt work at all, I cant do anything to add a translation, Im soo sad....please help

Who is your hosting provider? I've never heard of this sort of issue on a site unless some custom coding was done to manually sever this connection.

Have you tried uploading the translations file manually via FTP?

-Mike

Who is your hosting provider? I've never heard of this sort of issue on a site unless some custom coding was done to manually sever this connection.

Have you tried uploading the translations file manually via FTP?

-Mike

if I upload a translation file manually via FTP, how can I install it?

if I upload a translation file manually via FTP, how can I install it?

As long as you properly extract the gzip file and place the unzipped language folder in your /translations directory, it should automatically be there for you once you open your Back Office again.

-Mike

As long as you properly extract the gzip file and place the unzipped language folder in your /translations directory, it should automatically be there for you once you open your Back Office again.

-Mike

the problem is, I woudnt let me extract the gzip file, it says cannot extract.....

the problem is, I woudnt let me extract the gzip file, it says cannot extract.....

Do you get this error in the Back Office? What I'm referring to is extracting it manually on your computer. If you don't have the software for it, 7-zip is a great piece of free software that can handle this. Once you do that, you should have an unzipped folder which you can then place on your in the /translations directory via FTP.

-Mike

Do you get this error in the Back Office? What I'm referring to is extracting it manually on your computer. If you don't have the software for it, 7-zip is a great piece of free software that can handle this. Once you do that, you should have an unzipped folder which you can then place on your in the /translations directory via FTP.

-Mike

im gonna try it but I think, the file I got from translation website is wrong, check it out, its Slovak language pack, try to install it via importing it through back office-tools-translations

I just tested this on 1.4.8.2 by going to Tools > Translations > Add/Update a Language > Slovak and it imported with no issues.

Go ahead and try doing it manually and let me know if that works any better for you.

-Mike

so I used Winrar to export sk.gzip file and I uploaded it via FTP but no change, I dont see a slovak language pack in back office at all, no change....

Can you please post screenshots of all of this? I am doing the exact same things on a fresh install of version 1.4.8.2 and am unable to replicate any of these issues, which makes it difficult to provide any suggestions.

Additionally, who is your hosting provider? You may want to contact them for more information on this.

-Mike

Can you please post screenshots of all of this? I am doing the exact same things on a fresh install of version 1.4.8.2 and am unable to replicate any of these issues, which makes it difficult to provide any suggestions.

Additionally, who is your hosting provider? You may want to contact them for more information on this.

-Mike

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58840082/screen.png

i dont think that a screen will help to fix it and my hosting provider is http://webhostingy.sk/

Believe it or not, screenshots can be an enormous help in these sorts of situations, although this one specifically doesn't really help.

Can you also please post screenshots of the contents of your /translations directory and your Back Office > Tools > Languages page?

-Mike

Believe it or not, screenshots can be an enormous help in these sorts of situations, although this one specifically doesn't really help.

Can you also please post screenshots of the contents of your /translations directory and your Back Office > Tools > Languages page?

-Mike

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58840082/screen2.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58840082/1.png

What browser are you using? And is this v1.4.8.2 your first version of PrestaShop or have you used earlier versions on this site? We had a bug with this reported in version 1.4.5 I believe, but it has since been fixed.

-Mike

no, i got the newest one ...i didnt have old ones before...and im using chrome but i tried to use mozilla or IE...nothing worked...

no, i got the newest one ...i didnt have old ones before...and im using chrome but i tried to use mozilla or IE...nothing worked...

Please try the suggestion posted on the bug report here, and comment directly on it if that doesn't work for you so that our developers can look back into it.

-Mike

I got the same problem on adding new language.

Steps:

1) Add new language in Tools > Language, and done.

2) Import language gzip file which downloaded / or exported from older prestashop through Tools > Translation, and failed with message "Archive cannot be extracted."

Checking:

1) site root directory should be writable (and .htaccess also writable if it existed), although system wouldnot create or write anything indeed. I got same problem in ps1.3.6 and solved by this.

2) themes/(prestashop)/lang/ , new language iso file found with NO translation but global.

3) /translation/ (new language) /admin, errors, fields, & pdf four php files found with full translation.

As Mike tested with no error, I would guess the difference would be some writable directories as I only set some directories writable.

# ps1.3.6

chmod g+w config upload download tools/smarty/cache tools/smarty/compile

chmod -R g+w img mails modules themes/prestashop/lang translations

# v1.4

chmod g+w tools/smarty_v2/cache tools/smarty_v2/compile

chmod -R g+w themes/prestashop/cache

# v1.4.4.0

chmod -R g+w log

#

chmod g+w sitemap.xml

So, anyone would has idea on which directory should be writable. please share.

Hi Mike,

I haven't tried FTP upload.

OK. I unzip the language file and compare with the directories after importing through backoffice.

The only missing is the language NOT in the current theme as the 2nd checking point in previous post.

So, I upload the one to my current theme. It is fine. I can edit 'Front office translation' in backoffice.

And, the problem is not about the writable directory. What I did I just copied the prestashop theme to another one and selected it.

Thanks a lot,

ML

Hi Mike,

I haven't tried FTP upload.

OK. I unzip the language file and compare with the directories after importing through backoffice.

The only missing is the language NOT in the current theme as the 2nd checking point in previous post.

So, I upload the one to my current theme. It is fine. I can edit 'Front office translation' in backoffice.

And, the problem is not about the writable directory. What I did I just copied the prestashop theme to another one and selected it.

Thanks a lot,

ML

So this is now working for you on your site?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Right! It worked as normal. The import can't load the language to theme only with error message while other files are fine.

ML

I apologize, I'm still a little confused as to whether an issue remains on your site. If there is still an issue, can you please post a screenshot of it? If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to mark this thread as solved for you.

-Mike

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...