Help with setting up UPS module

I am hoping someone can help with understanding and getting the UPS module set up. I have tried before but have never been able to get it figured out so I have been using the weight method to set up a UPS carrier in shipping without using the module. The problem I am having now is that rural shipments are killing me. Weight doesn't factor in additional surcharges in my current method of setup so my shipping ends up costing me double or more and it eats up and sometimes exceeds my margins. Every time I talk to UPS they tell me to get a programmer to figure out what I have and what I need.

Part of my question for the prestashop community is: does the module that comes with prestashop (I am using 1.4.4.1) already have all of the developer programming built into it to qualify for an API key :blink: to where I can just skip that step with UPS and request/apply for an API key, enter it with the rest of the module info and I'm set to go? Or do I have to go through and verify that everything that UPS wants/needs is there :wacko::blink::( , make changes :wacko::blink: and then get the key? (I hope it is not the second because I would really have NO idea :blink: of what to do with programming language to make that work and can't afford to pay someone.)

ANY help or guidance on this would be GREATLY appreciated because I have no idea where to go with getting this set up and I REALLY :( need it. I would go with the presto changeo route because he really does a good job - but again, I can't affort it right now.

Kind regards

Did you actually install the module and look at the configuration? You need zero programming skills. First register and get API key then just complete the fields in the module configuration as required.

Thank you for the responses. Yes I did install the UPS module that comes with prestashop and see the confirguration fields you are mentioning. I assumed that it ws probably configured by the prestaqshop staff/programmers to UPS needs; however, when I was trying to get an API from UPS they started talking about all this programming stuff for making sure that prestashop is configed for their system. When I couldn't answer their questions they essentially sent me away saying that I needed to hire a programmer to get thigns set up and then apply for an API and show them that it is set up right, afterwhich they would give me an API number. I inquired about this about 9 months ago on the forum but never got a reply. So in sum I just wanted to inquire again on the forum to find out for sure if everything was already built into the module that needs to be there to qualify for the UPS API. I have registered with UPS and have just been stuck in the process trying to make sure that everything is already there so I can apply for the API. I gather than from what you said that the module is set up with everything needed already there and the average person can just apply for the API and go. Please confirm that this is correct :) . And thank you again :D .

• 3 weeks later...

USPS I am sure doesn't know the in's and out's of prestashop so what else could they suggest?? Just add the USer ID and Zip code you are from and select what services you want to offer, as well as set the other settings offered in the module.

• 1 month later...

I am having difficulty with UPS shipping from USA to Canada. I get this error message "There are no carriers available that deliver to this address." However shipping within USA has been working just fine for months. This is the first order from CA.

Details about the UPS module.

1. Should the "Rate Service Group" be "Shipments Originating in US" if I want to ship in and out of the US? When I do this, it seems that the USA shipping does not work anymore. Hum?
  2. When I choose the "Shipments Originating in US" option, "Delivery Service" says "Not Available" on UPS Standard, Express, Expedited, etc. All the ones needed to ship outside the US.

• 4 months later...

I am having difficulty with UPS shipping from USA to Canada. I get this error message "There are no carriers available that deliver to this address." However shipping within USA has been working just fine for months. This is the first order from CA.

Details about the UPS module.

1. Should the "Rate Service Group" be "Shipments Originating in US" if I want to ship in and out of the US? When I do this, it seems that the USA shipping does not work anymore. Hum?
  2. When I choose the "Shipments Originating in US" option, "Delivery Service" says "Not Available" on UPS Standard, Express, Expedited, etc. All the ones needed to ship outside the US.

Did you resolve this? I am having the exact same issue. Thanks for any tips or resolutions you were able to come up with.

I believe the stock UPS module from Prestashop does not offer international shipping.

You can try the following module (which also include label printing, shipping preview, and much more) http://www.prestasho...e-product-page/

Edit: I was confusing UPS with USPS, UPS does support international shipping, however, I am not sure why the stock PS module is not showing them.

• 2 months later...