(Solved) Final retail price does not change after choosing tax to be applied

decorocco

Hi Prestateam and -people!

Let me first start by saying that I am crawling the forum for some months now as a newbie and so far it has solved all my issues. It's really great to see such a thriving community!

For my latest issue however I was not able to find any solution so far, hence this topic.

The thing is that whenever I upload a new product I put the pre-tax retail price and choose the tax rule. Normaly the final retail price in bold will be the sum of the pre-tax price + the applied tax.

Only in my case it does not change at all. It is the same as the pre-tax price, even tough I selected a 19% sales tax.

I made a 19% tax and enabled it, I made a tax rule, enabled it, and used the 19% tax for all zones. Taxes are enabled.

I have force compile on, cache off and I am using PS 1.4.5.1

Still when I want to upload a new product - as said - the final retail price does not change at all.

Does someone has any ideas or solution? It's really getting me more and more frustrated by the minute...

cheers,

Rocco

Edited by decorocco (see edit history)

Hi Sting5,

I have narrowed it down and it sems to be something in the database. I don't know if you have exactly the same issue, but in my case after not having uploaded any new proucts for 3 months, I wanted to upload some new ones and the tax did not change at all (I had not edited anything tax-wise since the last product uploads). Then I noticed that the field "Retail price with tax", just under the "tax rule" drop down on the product page was missing. Changing the database for one that I backed up a few months earlier, brought the field back, without actually changing/replacing any files of the shop. Really strange, since I did not even as much as touch the database since creating the shop :s.

So now I am trying to find out where the problem is, so as not to (risk to) lose the work of last months...

If anybody has any ideas on where to look it would be of great help.

Edited by decorocco (see edit history)

Well I've found the solution in my site - the problem was that after importing new language pack, country has duplicated (in my case I've imported Latvia) - so tax rules changed somehow - the duplicate country was turned off, but tax rules worked on that turned off duplicate - after I've deleted duplicated country and turned old the default Latvia, everything turned back to normal. At least for my case. If it's not Your case at least I hope this helps someone one day...

Ok, so finally I found the origin of the problem. I have my default country (Chile) divided in states for shipping reasons. Turns out that since I have setup different zones for each state, the "Retail price with tax" would not show. Applying the Chilean tax rule to each zone (in fact to each and every zone in PS) did not change that. So now I change the default country before uploading products, to be able to apply taxes and when I am ready uploading, I change the default country back. Not the most ideal solution, but workable at least.

Thanks to the Italian forum once again...For more info have a look at:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/177783-risolto-prezzo-di-vendita-tasse-incl-dove/

Hi,

I had the same problem, the BO retail price didn't include the taxes but the FO did and the 'Product price with taxes' line in the BO was suddenly missing. Eventually it got all back to normal when I enabled 'Display tax label' in the country BO/shipping/countries settings, beginning with my default country.

Regards

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...