(Solved) Sorting “Tags” search results in Alphabetical order

Hi

I have seen various articles on sorting items into alphabetical order but I have not seen a solution to my problem here.

I am using tags to give me a break down of items used in a selected device. The list appears in item number and I would like it to be listed alphabetically.

If you do a manual search you get a Sort by option, but nothing for tags.

Any advice?

Thanks in Advance

G

Edited by JerseyG (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shacker

Thanks for your input, however reading back my post I can see that I have not explained myself correctly.

If you go to my site www.fptg.co.uk you will note that I have sorted my tags into order. But if I then select a tagged item the items within that are in id order. Is it possible to arrange these into alphabetical order?

Thanks in advance

Geoff

you need to modify the search.php class in classes folder, and in this line

public static function searchTag($id_lang, $tag, $count = false, $pageNumber = 0, $pageSize = 10, $orderBy = false, $orderWay = false, $useCookie = true)

you have the order by and order way.

replace for "name", "DESC"

Hi Shacker

Again thank you for your time and help however I replaced "name" with "DESC" and my search failed totally.

Is it possible for you to highlight where the changes should be made.

Thanks in advance

Geoff

public static function searchTag($id_lang, $tag, $count = false, $pageNumber = 0, $pageSize = 10, $orderBy = false, $orderWay = false, $useCookie = true)

{

global $cookie;

// Only use cookie if id_customer is not present

if ($useCookie)

$id_customer = (int)$cookie->id_customer;

else

$id_customer = 0;

if (!is_numeric($pageNumber) OR !is_numeric($pageSize) OR !Validate::isBool($count) OR !Validate::isValidSearch($tag)

OR $orderBy AND !$orderWay OR ($orderBy AND !Validate::isOrderBy($orderBy)) OR ($orderWay AND !Validate::isOrderBy($orderWay)))

return false;

if ($pageNumber < 1) $pageNumber = 1;

if ($pageSize < 1) $pageSize = 10;

if ($count)

{

$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow('

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT pt.`id_product`) nb

FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_tag` pt ON (p.`id_product` = pt.`id_product`)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'tag` t ON (pt.`id_tag` = t.`id_tag` AND t.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` cp ON (cp.`id_product` = p.`id_product`)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` cg ON (cg.`id_category` = cp.`id_category`)

WHERE p.`active` = 1

AND cg.`id_group` '.(!$id_customer ? '= 1' : 'IN (

SELECT id_group FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'customer_group

WHERE id_customer = '.(int)$id_customer.')').'

AND t.`name` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($tag).'%\'');

return isset($result['nb']) ? $result['nb'] : 0;

}

$result = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->ExecuteS('

SELECT DISTINCT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl.`name`, tax.`rate`, i.`id_image`, il.`legend`, m.`name` manufacturer_name, 1 position,

DATEDIFF(p.`date_add`, DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL '.(Validate::isUnsignedInt(Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT')) ? Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT') : 20).' DAY)) > 0 new

FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p

INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product` AND pl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image` i ON (i.`id_product` = p.`id_product` AND i.`cover` = 1)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image_lang` il ON (i.`id_image` = il.`id_image` AND il.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'tax_rule` tr ON (p.`id_tax_rules_group` = tr.`id_tax_rules_group`

AND tr.`id_country` = '.(int)Country::getDefaultCountryId().'

AND tr.`id_state` = 0)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'tax` tax ON (tax.`id_tax` = tr.`id_tax`)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m ON (m.`id_manufacturer` = p.`id_manufacturer`)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_tag` pt ON (p.`id_product` = pt.`id_product`)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'tag` t ON (pt.`id_tag` = t.`id_tag` AND t.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` cp ON (cp.`id_product` = p.`id_product`)

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` cg ON (cg.`id_category` = cp.`id_category`)

WHERE p.`active` = 1

AND cg.`id_group` '.(!$id_customer ? '= 1' : 'IN (

SELECT id_group FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'customer_group

WHERE id_customer = '.(int)$id_customer.')').'

AND t.`name` LIKE \'%'.pSQL($tag).'%\'

ORDER BY position DESC'.($orderBy ? ', '.$orderBy : '').($orderWay ? ' '.$orderWay : '').'

LIMIT '.(int)(($pageNumber - 1) * $pageSize).','.(int)$pageSize);

if (!$result) return false;

return Product::getProductsProperties((int)$id_lang, $result);

}

Hi

Shacker has been kind enough to try and help on this but the offered solution has not worked.

I am trying to get the results of a tag to display in alphabetical order, I am sure we are working in the correct area as the wrong entry will stop the search working.

The site is www.fptg.co.uk If you click on a tag you will see the results are still in id order.

​Any help would be appreciated as it will make this area look more professional.

Again thanks to Shacker for his reply.

Geoff

Hi Shacker

Again thanks for your assistance, you put me the correct area. The following change will display your tag search results in alphabetical order.

Classes/Search.php

Line 582

ORDER BY name ASC'.($orderBy ? ', '.$orderBy : '').($orderWay ? ' '.$orderWay : '').'

Thanks again and I hope this helps someone else

Geoff

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have a problem related to this topic but I couldn't find any other closer to what I need.

I'd like to enable sorting all products in my shop (PS 1.6) by tags they have. For example I have 4 products (named A, B, C) and each of them have their own tag (Z, M, P). I'd like to add an option that would check tags of products and sort them by those tags.

Anyone have an idea how to do that?

• 2 years later...

Hi Shacker

Again thanks for your assistance, you put me the correct area. The following change will display your tag search results in alphabetical order.

Classes/Search.php

Line 582

ORDER BY name ASC'.($orderBy ? ', '.$orderBy : '').($orderWay ? ' '.$orderWay : '').'

Thanks again and I hope this helps someone else

Geoff

Thank you for coming back with the solution. Made the problem much smaller for me :)

Did also work on 1.6.1.0, even though the Line 582 was moved to 830-something in 1.6 - but still!

Wish everyone posted the solution like you did here, when finding it...