Error: 'install' directory is missing

Hi creativeallsorts,

It appears that the files weren't all properly transferred during the installation, as you're missing quite a few:

post-276528-0-11090300-1341840685_thumb.png

If this is a brand new installation, I would personally recommend that you delete everything and reinstall from scratch, as there's no guarantee that these are the only missing files on your installation without deeper investigation.

-Mike

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everybody,

After having updated my shop to ps 1.6 (so far no problem) and having entered sereval new articles...while uploading images and pdf for  the last article, i got an error message : image or pdf not existing on the server... then, every operation turned slower and slower. and a few minutes later, i got a blank page on each page that i requested. In DEV mode, i got this message :

Error: "install" directory is missing

When requesting a page that is independant form the NVC model (for example phpinfo.php on my webroot), everything is correctly displayed.

I m wondering wether it s a bug, or wether it s related to an overload (disk or cache full ?) on my dedicated server.

Thanks for your help!

Sylvain

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

i also have the same problem but i sorted out it. i will show you how you do that.

step1 . check your config folder contains must be 11 files and all the files must be consumed some bytes if you find any file who is showing 0 bytes that is the problem.

step2 in my case i have two files who is showing 0 bytes one is defines.inc.php and 2nd is settings.inc.php .

step3 i just put data from a new installation with both file dont forget to enter you own database info (user , name and password).

that's ' all