[SOLVED] Changing Text In PayPal Payment Module

Hi,

I am using the PayPal payment gateway as the only payment module, I worry that I may scare off customers who don't have PayPal and don't realize you do not need a PayPal account to use you credit card. The default text reads:

"Pay with your PayPal account, credit card (CB, Visa, Mastercard...), or private credit card"

It also displays the PayPal logo.

Is there a way to change the logo and the text for this module?

I searched the module files and this text appears in the file "payment.tpl".

But when I make a change to the default text, the change does not appear in the store.

Does anyone know how to change the image and the text so that the changes will appear in the store?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You can change the text for this module through your Back Office under Tools > Translations > Translation of installed modules. As for the logo, you can swap out the images in your modules/paypal/img folder. However, I would recommend that you keep the existing file names intact to avoid having to make changes throughout the code to refer to the correct image(s).

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think it will work with version 1.5.2? Because this phrase "Pay with your card or your PayPal account" is not in the translation module. Please advice. Thanks.

I have found exactly the same problem, I cannot translate that phrase (I'm using verison 1.4.9.0, with the new prestashop theme)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think it will work with version 1.5.2? Because this phrase "Pay with your card or your PayPal account" is not in the translation module. Please advice. Thanks.

Just go into modules/paypal look for the translations file. Take care wich iso country code do you use for it.

• Like 1

I checked the file, the translation appears correct for the iso code of the country, but obvioulsy it doesn't work.

I had the same problem but after a while I discovered that the iso code used in translation is not the same as my iso code. So I changed the requested text in translations file for every iso code and observed which iso code is used for my shop.

see http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/201446-translate-pay-with-card-or-paypal-account/page__view__findpost__p__1022764

Edited by palohrabak (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem, won't translate into Norwegian :-/

Open the /modules/paypal/translations.xml

Find: <country iso_code="RE">

Under this line, find:

<payment_choice>Pay with your card or your PayPal account</payment_choice>

Change this line to:

<payment_choice>Betal med ditt kort, eller din paypal-konto</payment_choice>

Just remember, to change this for the language RE - for any special reason, this is what works ;)

Lykke til!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have a big problem. I also want to change the PayPal text in the payment checkout. I know I have to make changes in modules/paypal/translations.xml. The problem is (I'm using the newest PayPal version and PS version 1.3.5.1) that the files in the module are all set to 644 and not writeable. I also can not change them with Filezilla. Anybody knows how to solve this?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...