Look at my site and tell me something! Thanks.

Pedro R.

Please take a look at my website and tell me what do you think about:

• User Friendly
  • Design
  • Speed
  • Best points
  • Worst points
  • Anything you want!

This is my first Prestashop website...:

www.hobbysector.com

Note: If you are giving some feedback about speed, please tell which country are you located.

THANKS.

I have been developing websites since Netscape Navigator .9 (yes that is point nine)

THIS is a great site. Very very well done my friend.

I am in central US and the speed was fine.

I found myself digging around and looking through your inventory and enjoying the products.

The only thing that was off to me was the drop down for products under the home button. I would expect that to be a products link with a dropdown there.

Other than that, which is almost a non-issue, this site is very very nice. Im impressed and I dont say that often.

Very Very good job.

• Like 1

I am using Chrome and the only thing I can pick you up on is that the search button appears under the search bar instead of to the right of it which is where you want it I think as you don't have a right border on the text field?!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there

For your first PS shop its great good job!!.

The design is user friendly, nice easy to read colours no ambiguity.

Speed to load was ever so slightly slow, I used FF, on a 256kbps connection, based in the UK.

Best bit is the no frills, product is the focus design.

Things I think you could improve are;

- Change the flash slideshow for a jquery based one so it shows on Apple mobile devices.

- The text beneath the slider is not needed and takes up too much premoium real estate that should be used for selling products. Consider removing it.

- Some of the product image take far too long ot appear on the page and in the lighbox.

- IN som eof the 'Other products in the same category' there is a horizontal scrollbar, which doesn't look nice.

• Like 1

Hello, your website looks good,

like Jimbola said : you should change this slider for a Jquery based one, better not using flash at all !

also, the first thing i've seen is that you used the common template, in fact there has not been any real changed being made , and that is not the best for your shop, because it looks like so many shops already :(

Maybe you can do some nice things like having only one column on the front page and full wide slider that will provide a modern and different look, also i have never been cray about 3 columns template, 2 is more than enough on my opinion.

You can also do something with the payments block logos, change ADD TO CART bouton, the footer is really different than the rest of the site, it might be better in blue, or you can use this black footer style somewhere on the header or closed by..

When on product page :

should be on a horizontal line.. like this it uses too much space for nothing.

etc..etc.. but there is a good list already, have fun !

best regards,

Zen

• Like 1

Thank you all guys!

I am really taking your suggestions to make some changes ;)

Did you feel the site slow?

Jimbola the size of the my imagens in general is 30-100KB, is this an acceptable size?

(the ones you felt slow could be 200 or 300 KB, was the first ones I uploaded)

Its a nice site, with good load time performance. Here is one suggestion from Google page speed:

The following resources have identical contents, but are served from different URLs. Serve these resources from a consistent URL to save 1 request(s) and25.6KiB.

Also maybe add a website verification seal to the footer of your website to add credibility, as well as linking the site to Twitter and G+ in addition to FB.

• 5 weeks later...