NEED HELP! Please test my site for speed

mytheory.

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look...

I would greatly appreciate it if you could just click on over to our site, taking a moment to analyze the load time.

http://mybeautymart.com

From my end, it appears to load decently fast even on first load, and subsequent re-loads are much faster. However, when we run tests using gtmetrix or webpagetest.org, it says that our first time to byte is very slow. It appears to be a bit faster on gtmetrix averaging 6-7 seconds for load time. But on webpagtest the first load can take upto 10-14sec. and about 6-7 on second load. Webpagetest reports that there is a very long time to first byte.

Can users from different locations test our site to see how long the first load is and maybe the second reload?? Mainly I'm concerned about user experience, is the load times too slow to deter customers from our site?

Thank you!!

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look...

I would greatly appreciate it if you could just click on over to our site, taking a moment to analyze the load time.

http://mybeautymart.com

From my end, it appears to load decently fast even on first load, and subsequent re-loads are much faster. However, when we run tests using gtmetrix or webpagetest.org, it says that our first time to byte is very slow. It appears to be a bit faster on gtmetrix averaging 6-7 seconds for load time. But on webpagtest the first load can take upto 10-14sec. and about 6-7 on second load. Webpagetest reports that there is a very long time to first byte.

Can users from different locations test our site to see how long the first load is and maybe the second reload?? Mainly I'm concerned about user experience, is the load times too slow to deter customers from our site?

Thank you!!

its ok!

check if you have a good compilation settings ... (BA -> Preferences -> Performance).

should be:

Force compile: no,

cache: yes

ps

Test Started 14 seconds ago

its ok! check if you have a good compilation settings ... (BA -> Preferences -> Performance). should be: Force compile: no, cache: yes ps Test Started 14 seconds ago

Thanks for your reply! Yes, already using those settings with all CCC enabled, memcached, and using CDN.

It took 14sec to load for you?! That's not good.

Need to test further, please help by posting feedback about our site's load time.

Thanks!

8 second 1st load, 3 second revisit. My internet is not the greatest and it seemed ok for my speed. The first time load additional 5 secs appeared to be the rotator pics.

I would say its ok for the type of site and graphics load.

Looks good btw. Nice one.

edit: from SE Missouri, Central US.

Edited by SuperCharlie (see edit history)

• 6 months later...