Theme installer Not working

Hello

I am installing a theme that I bought online and I wen to Back Office > Modules > Themes and then to (Theme installer). I then when to upload the them form my computer and then it says its OK Good. BUT when I go back to Themes to pick it and save it Its NOT there, only the default theme is there.

I not no what to do.

Nate

Just unzip the folder with your theme and use your FTP client to drag that entire, unzipped folder directly into your /themes directory.

-Mike

Mike,

In the main zip folder I have a themes and modules folder and a file Config. Do I install the full folder or just the themes?

Nathan

You need to unzip that folder, and the drag that entire folder into the /themes directory via FTP.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

OK I go to the Theme installer and now it take me to Back Office > Modules >Administration.I don't know whats going on. It will not bring up the page were in gives me the optionsto upload via FTP or Computer.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a similar problem. I tried Theme Installer and none of the offered upload methods works (zip File is denied with the Error "File has to be zip File", Direct upload from local system breaks on a short session).

So I unziped it and uploaded the theme folder directly to the theme/ folder. Now I have two folders there, one "prestashop" and once "mytheme".

Problem is, that folder looks a bit different from that prestashop folder (content-wise), cuz it seems to also contain a lot of modules. So I guess that does not work with the direct copy mechanism?

Ok, got the solution myself. So for anymone in the future wondering:

1. Unzip your theme zip file. (the result should be a folder with your them name).

2. Open that folder, u will see two subfolders "themes/" and "modules/"

3. copy the contents of the themes folder into the themes/ fodler in your Web Root. (via FTP)

4. copy the contents of the modulesfolder into the modules/ fodler in your Web Root. (via FTP)

5. Now u will see the new them in your Theme area in the adminsitration area.

6. Activate it.

7. Most probably, your site now will look all scrambled up.

8. Go to the modules section, check for the modules you uploaded and install them all (most probably they will be under "other modules".

9. Now the site should look perfect.

Hope it helps!

1. Unzip your theme zip file. (the result should be a folder with your them name).

3. copy the contents of the themes folder into the themes/ fodler in your Web Root. (via FTP)

4. copy the contents of the modulesfolder into the modules/ fodler in your Web Root. (via FTP)

6. Activate it.

8. Go to the modules section, check for the modules you uploaded and install them all (most probably they will be under "other modules".

Hope it helps!

OK, I will try that.

Tanks

6. Activate it.

Hope it helps!

Hi, Btsfreak!

I have the same problem. I unzipped the zip file, then I get 2 folder and a config.xml file. I dragged themes folder to themes directory and dragged the modules folder to modules directory. But I don't know that where will I drag the config.xml file to. I 've no idea.

OK I too had a problem installing my theme followed instructions that came in the zip file-didn't work, followed the instructions using theme installer-didn't work.

after searching through Google for answers came across this website which I found helpful for a couple of issues. i am installing to localhost so instructions are not designed for me,just adapted for my use - hope it helps

http://www.webshopst...p-installation/

Edited by paul1 (see edit history)