[MODULE] WIZNAV 2.1.3 + Cat addon

Thank you for this module.

Easy to understand and looks good.

The more modules there are that take away the coding aspect from us non techno's the better. I can just about manage the simple coding needed on this one ;)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIZNAV The new generation (Back Office Interface) Enjoy! :coolsmile: /**================================================================ PrestaShop-Theme_Module Wiznav 2.1.3 by Hieloiceberg htt

I installed this and after looking at the html/css was left wondering one thing - why can't i simply add a

Hello all, I Found that for Wiznav 2.1.3 to be worked on 1.4 prestashop we have to checked on Back Office > Preference > Performance , then look for "Force Compile" click yes and your wiznav s

Posted Images

This module is amazing, and have been great for my up-coming webshop. However, I am encountering one problem that I would be really grateful if someone could help me solve. For some reason the menu won't stay in it's position. In the CSS I have chosen "relative" position, but it does not work, it will change position if you change the width of your browser windows etc, which of course is quite a huge problem. If someone could help me solve this I would be ready to launch my new (and first) site, so any help would be awesome.

Hai people!

Wonderfull module! Working perfectly... but

NOT when SEO friendly URL is activated.. completely loses his path then.

Any one knows how to solve this ??

Thnx in advance

Jan

Hello people I have a problem I can not solve and can not find the solution in any forum.
It may not look good, maybe someone can help me.

The problem I have not seen the subcategories in the category button.

Anyone know which is the problem and solution is?

leave a picture to see which is ...

errorwiznav.jpg

thanks

En español ya que mi inglés es muy malo.

Hola gente tengo un problema que no puedo solucionar y no encuentro en ningun foro la solución.
Tal vez no busque bien, pero bueno por ahi aguien puede ayudarme.

El tema es que me funciona bien el wiznav en PS 1.2.5 uso el wiznav 2.1.3 pero tengo el problema que no se ven las subcategorias en el boton categoría.

Sabé alguien cual puede ser el problema y que solución hay?

dejo una imagen para que vean que aparece...

errorwiznav.jpg

Un saludo y gracias

18058_iFEOLmiYehqcyLI0o87u_t

English

Do you have the left column category block activated? I´m not sure but i think that wiznav doesn´t show up the subcategories if the left category block is not installed

Spanish

Tienes activado el bloque izquierdo de las categorias? Creo que el wiznav no muestra las subcategorias si no tienes instalado el bloque izquierdo de las categorias que viene con el prestashop.Algo parecido me paso a mi y lo solucione de esa forma.

Hello All

I just installed this moudle and it is very good
i have a question , how do i cahnage the direction of the menu bar , ??
i want that the "home page" will start from the right

Thanks
Shlomi

Do you mean the order for the buttons? You can move in wiznav.tpl the home page link line under the about us,contact,etc... lines so it shows up next to these buttons.

Sorry for my english

Hello everyone. I am very close to launching my first Prestashop, actually as a school project (so the idea behind is more to learn rather than earn money). However, I am encountering a problem with this module. For some reason the meny won't stay in a fixed position. I badly need help with this one..

Dilemmauf.se - Please help me. :)

Hello everyone. I am very close to launching my first Prestashop, actually as a school project (so the idea behind is more to learn rather than earn money). However, I am encountering a problem with this module. For some reason the meny won't stay in a fixed position. I badly need help with this one..

Dilemmauf.se - Please help me. :)

did you have created de hook wiznav? you must read the text file to see how to do it ;)

Hi all

I've installed this module in BO but nothing is showing up for me to install it.

Hope somone can help me out here :-)

see if the folder module wiznav(with de php and tpl files) is inside off another folder called wiznav... if yes when presta open wiznav folder only find another folder wiznav and don´t find any php files to open and will not show anything to install in BO .

Thank you for that exadra37 showing up now :-)

Can I quickly ask you how do I show snapshots on here so i can help others

I ve now installed it and used position to have it in my Top of pages. But there is still nothing showing?

I know I have to add code, but where do i had it? I know one is header.php but where do i put the other bit of code?

Thanks again

Thank you very much for this colorful and necessary module.

After review, it works well, I found a problem (to excuse if, already one has commented), but it happens that when you get to links that are sub-folders, the module WIZNAV 2 1.3 it disappears:

For example:

If you sail a link like this:

http://www.mitienda.com/modules/check/ payment.php

The module disappears.

But as between a link like this:

http://www.mitienda.com/history.php
http://www.mitienda.com/discount.php

works well, is there a way to accommodate this?

Excuse if my English is not very good, I'm starting to learn English ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this module is very good but i have a little bug in my prestashop. Menu working everyhere but when i open cms in prestashop, menu is gone.

For example, im in www.myprestashopexamplepage.com and menu is ok, but when i move in to text page www.myprestashopexamplepage.com/delivery menu is away.

Look at the screenshot, menu move in middle to logo without styles.

Is here anybody who have same problem? thx

http://ful.cz/img/1.jpg on the main page (menu is ok)

http://ful.cz/img/2.jpg on the text page (menu is gone)

Hi,

this module is very good but i have a little bug in my prestashop. Menu working everyhere but when i open cms in prestashop, menu is gone.

For example, im in www.myprestashopexamplepage.com and menu is ok, but when i move in to text page www.myprestashopexamplepage.com/delivery menu is away.

Look at the screenshot, menu move in middle to logo without styles.

Is here anybody who have same problem? thx

http://ful.cz/img/1.jpg on the main page (menu is ok)

http://ful.cz/img/2.jpg on the text page (menu is gone)

Yes, I also have the same problem. Nobody to found a solution. :(

Hopefully someone knows why this happens.

You can't install this module with SEO friendly 'on'.
De module can't find it's paths now.

you probably have to delete .htaccess en regenerate one now.

the link to the magnifying glass you can make it at best absolute.. http://.. yoururl.com/img.jpg

atsites

You have right. I turn off SEO pages and everything is ok. But i have little dilema what is for me better :). Is here another option how we can have both?

For those who have the problem that the module disappears, the solution is:

1- Replace the archives wiznav.php wiznav.tpl by that they are in: WIZNAV2.1.3-Magical_Disappearance_Fix.zip

2- Open wiznav.tpl and quest line, (line 18):

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="modules/wiznav/css/wiznav.css" />

And Replace by:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="{$base_dir}modules/wiznav/css/wiznav.css" />

3- In wiznav.tpl and quest line, (line 19):

src="modules/wiznav/js/stuHover.js">

And Replace by:

src="{$base_dir}modules/wiznav/js/stuHover.js">

Good bye. :-)

Regards!!!

Thnx a lot!
The only problem I encountered after the install of WizNav that my .htacces file had to be regenerated by PS and the url to the image of the magnifying glass had to be specified.

But this might surely be a better support for a proper install

I have been looking for a horizontal menu bar to use on my site but I would like to be able to use it for drop down menus that link to a CMS page as i have a lot of info pages and this would make my site cleaner and less cluttered than having to have links in a side menu box or free block or anything else.

Does this allow you to set it up so that you can put sub links under the headings?

Help on anything that can do this would be much appreciated.

Hi,
i've installed wiznav, everything seems to be fine, but when I click on sitemap or contuct us in wiznav, I got an error "reguested page wasnt found", it happens when I click on sitemap or contuct us only from product detail page, from home page it works. Friendly URL is enabled, without friendly url it works. Maybe something in .htaccess ? Any ideas ?

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the module and the fix. Overwritten the module files with the 3 fix files, installed the module. Everything seems to be working fine.

Except then I press the "Save" button I get whits errors:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in Z:\home\shop\www\modules\wiznav\wiznav.php on line 77

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in Z:\home\shop\www\modules\wiznav\wiznav.php on line 79

But everything still works fine. Is that a problem?

I've got the same problem a someone here with the url rewriting and the display of the menu. It works fine for the main adress but doesn't for sub directory such as www.prestashop/ipod/ipod-touch.html After looking at the wiznav.tpl file, i see that {$base_dir} variable wasn't wrote. So I had it everywhere it was needed. I hope that will help some of you. ^^

wiznav.zip

For those who have the problem that the module disappears, the solution is:

1- Replace the archives wiznav.php wiznav.tpl by that they are in: WIZNAV2.1.3-Magical_Disappearance_Fix.zip

2- Open wiznav.tpl and quest line, (line 18):

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="modules/wiznav/css/wiznav.css" />

And Replace by:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="{$base_dir}modules/wiznav/css/wiznav.css" />

3- In wiznav.tpl and quest line, (line 19):

src="modules/wiznav/js/stuHover.js">

And Replace by:

src="{$base_dir}modules/wiznav/js/stuHover.js">

Good bye. :-)

Regards!!!

Hello Dimar,
My NavBar is showing now, only the little icons (home, company, contact etc..) don't show.
Do you know, or any one else, how I can fix that?
Thank you.

21301_mS4Y98yXH56YEWw6UAsR_t

hello
i installed this module and it works good but little problem i have the nav bar is hiding bottom of my header how can i get the nav bar lower so the bottom of my header appear?

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse for my English. 2 questions
1) to the magician to find where to change the text in wiznav.css?
2) and when it is switched off left the panel does not show a category submenu??
320d47c5fb5dt.jpg

hello again
my new problem is that when i activate .htaccsess file in "view page" of a product wiznav goes to right column and disappear from top and instead of its images displaying a question image. how can i fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hola, tengo un problema grave, y es que tras instalar wiznav, cuando intento entrar a algun articulo, me dice que no lo encuentra. Lo veo en el backoffice, me lo encuentra en las busquedas, pero no sale el articulo. Este wiznav modifica algo que pueda afectar a esto?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!
I installed the bar without problems but when I press the login link is impossible to disconnect the session and logout page also disappears completely.
The userinfo block login link stops working.
If I install wiznav any link does not work login.

What I can do? I have installed the fix and the situation has not changed.

Note: Use the latest version prestashop.

Thank you very much everybody,
Anna.

Hello.how to make it work with 1.3.1 version? I install this module. In back office it works ok. But there is no menu in front office. Can any body explain? Thank's

Hola a todos, os explico:

La barra wiznav me aparece correctamente pero agarraos: al modificar el header.php entonces es cuando tengo el problema. Si instalo la barra modificando el header, cuando doy al enlace de login o cerrar sesión la pagina desaparece.
Y lo peor, para que vuelva a funcionar no basta con quitar la linea del hook de wiznav, sino que tengo que volver a restaurar el header.php inicial de prestashop.

¿Qué puedo hacer?

La tienda la tengo instalada en local. Puede ser por eso? No creo eh? el logout me va bien si no instalo la barra.
Tengo la ultima versión de prestashop

He probado instalando el fix pero es que el problema lo tengo al modificar header, no con la barra ni los enlaces en sí.

Como puedo modificar el header para que funcione bien? Ya lo he probado casi todo, creo ^^
Por favor ayudarme, parece mentira que llevo dias y dias estancada en la barra.

Un saludo,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all,

so i'm reading through this thread to try and solve my problem.

I have seo friendly links enabled and wiznav is not working on my products page.

if I regenerate the .htaccess file, will it work correctly or is this module unable to work with seo friendly urls enabled?

thanks,

Kate

• 1 month later...

Great addon however there 2 issues I found. If your custom button is going to a cms the css no longer works due to the page is changed to content/pagetitle as well when your viewing the CMS page the links back to the regular pages no longer work.

Problem 1:

Line 11:

To fix:

Problem 2:

Lines: 72, 75, 78, 81, 84, 87, 90, 93, 96, and 99

Can't copy past this in due to the system is removing the tags. you basically need to do the same things to the href=" area. Add the {$base_dir} right after the href="

Mustang97

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have tried to get this module working on my site but without success.

Could I trouble you to explain how to install this module? I have downloaded the zip, unzipped it, installed the module from the back end and written the following in header.tpl:

{$HOOK_TOP}

{$shop_name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{$HOOK_WIZNAV}

However, nothing shows up front end: www.greeneyedesign.dk

Please help :)

Has anyone had a problem with nav bar playing up once you move into a subfolder ie. content/ modules/? mine doesnt like me, just gives me a horizontal text list of the links and graphic errors.

all the links work, just it doesnt like it graphically, it doesnt like the rewrite content pages, or anything away from the main index navigation

Its the latest mod version

prestashop/category.php
prestashop/cms.php?id_cms=6

hates:
/prestashop/content/1-delivery (anything content) - rewritten
/prestashop/modules/referralprogram/referralprogram-program.php
/prestashop/modules/mailalerts/myalerts.php
(anything that isnt on the prestashop nav level)

as seen in the graphic provided

32138_RELdKqVA0vSaJmkBSqy2_t

32139_SxhCdoz4TG8Qm8rOuVF3_t

Hello,

I just updated Prestashop to the version 1.3.2.2 and the wiznav bar disappear despite the wiznav hook is still there in the theme file, which I copied from the previous version of Prestashop...

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

FYI, I edited the different files as mentioned in the text file from the WIZNAV2.1.3-Magical_Disappearance_Fix.zip which you can find in the first page of this thread and it's working now.
Cheers,
LB

FYI, I edited the different files as mentioned in the text file from the WIZNAV2.1.3-Magical_Disappearance_Fix.zip which you can find in the first page of this thread and it's working now.
Cheers,
LB

I do the same as you, following txt file for make the modifies, Nothing happen. The only solution that I found is erasing in the source line the part when is calling those images. And now works but without images only text.

32500_UkrnGNcaJAU4DPMwVOts_t

Hi Altraera,

Please find a copy of my menu attached to this post. As you can see, I edited a lot the CSS file and change the menu to fit the e-commerce website. It works well for me.

Can you be more precise to describe your problem. I do not get what's the problem for you. According to your screenshot, everything seems fine...

Cheers,
LB

32507_mVyQgCvKLun9UI2h5y9B_t

Hi Altraera,

Please find a copy of my menu attached to this post. As you can see, I edited a lot the CSS file and change the menu to fit the e-commerce website. It works well for me.

Can you be more precise to describe your problem. I do not get what's the problem for you. According to your screenshot, everything seems fine...

Cheers,
LB

So I was need to do the same, erase all img from this bar. Fianlly I found the problem! it's becausecause I had enabled the friendly URL if I disable, this module works fine. Do you know any reson why?

• 2 weeks later...

I´am creating an online shop http://www.eluniversodelperro.com/tienda/ , and i have installed the menu, that works perfectly; but i have a lil problem, when you enter to any product of my shop, navigation bar didn´t appear or appears wrong, it seems as it doesn´t load well.

I also would know what i have to do to make the navigation bar to appear on EVERY page of my shop (for example, the page "recommend to a friend").

Thank you very much for your help!

bartman and Sebiferi,

If I remember correctly the category side box must be on for the drop down to work.

Also in the wiznav image folder the home ping has always been labeled with a Capital H change it to a lower case h and your image will show.

Now how did you modify header.php in 1.4

Never mind I found your post:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/78783/upgrading_prestashop/solved_adding_custom_hooks_into_1_dot_4_dot_02

bartman and Sebiferi,

If I remember correctly the category side box must be on for the drop down to work.

Also in the wiznav image folder the home ping has always been labeled with a Capital H change it to a lower case h and your image will show.

Now how did you modify header.php in 1.4

Never mind I found your post:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/78783/upgrading_prestashop/solved_adding_custom
_hooks_into_1_dot_4_dot_02

ok thnks

I found the lines that i must to change, 333, but there are two (I guess new lines):

'logo_image_width' => Configuration::get('SHOP_LOGO_WIDTH'),
'logo_image_height' => Configuration::get('SHOP_LOGO_HEIGHT'),

What I need to do now? do I Change all except this two lines?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HELLO FORUM...

I NEED SOME HELP

I INSTALL THE WIZNAV 2.1.3. THIS IS A VERY NICE MODULE BUT AFTER INSTALL IT THE MODULES BELOW ARE NOT CENTERED...

I UNISTALL THE MODULE BUT THE MODULES ARE STILL IN THE LEFT MARGIN...

I NEED SOME HELP FOR MOVE ALL THE MODULES IN THE CENTER...

THANKS

PS: sorry for my english

[sOLVED]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

This is the fix for wiznav not appearing on some modules' pages, like wishlist, news, etc. Basically where the php file in the address bar is not http://yoursite.com/somepage.php but http://yoursite.com/modules/somemodule/somepage.php

Edit the wiznav.php file in the modules/wiznav folder:
At the file's end change from:

function hookWiznav($params)
   {
       if (file_exists('modules/wiznav/wiznav.xml'))
       {
           if ($xml = simplexml_load_file('modules/wiznav/wiznav.xml'))
           {
               global $cookie, $smarty;
               $smarty->assign(array(
                   'xml' => $xml,
                   'tab1' => 'tab1_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab2' => 'tab2_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab3' => 'tab3_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab4' => 'tab4_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab5' => 'tab5_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab6' => 'tab6_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab7' => 'tab7_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab8' => 'tab8_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab9' => 'tab9_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'tab10' => 'tab10_'.$cookie->id_lang,
                   'wiznavbar' => Configuration::get('DISPLAY_WIZNAVBAR'),
                   'wiznavsearch' => Configuration::get('DISPLAY_WIZSEARCH'),
                   'wizcat' => Configuration::get('DISPLAY_WIZCAT'),
                   'this_path' => $this->_path
               ));
               return $this->display(__FILE__, 'wiznav.tpl');
           }
       }
       return false;
   }

To:

function hookWiznav($params)
   {
       if (file_exists($base_dir.'modules/wiznav/wiznav.xml'))
       {
           if ($xml = simplexml_load_file($base_dir.'modules/wiznav/wiznav.xml'))
           {
               global $cookie, $smarty;
               $smarty->assign(array(
                   'xml' => $xml,
               ));
           }
       } else {
         if (file_exists($base_dir.'../../modules/wiznav/wiznav.xml'))
         {
             if ($xml = simplexml_load_file($base_dir.'../../modules/wiznav/wiznav.xml'))
             {
                 global $cookie, $smarty;
                 $smarty->assign(array(
                     'xml' => $xml,
                 ));
             }
         }
       }
       return false;
   }

Also don't forget to change the wiznav.tpl's links to include {$base_dir} as it was mentioned earlier.
Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Has anyone managed to get this to work on a version 1.4 shop yet? I am having problems with the registering of the hooks.. They have changed 1.4 quite a lot since version 1.3 and the header.php files etc have no mention of which hooks are registered... Any help would be great, as this problem is stopping me from implementing my own module...

Its a bit of quick and dirty fix but it worked for us.

to get wiznav working in 1.42

hooks now have to entered into ./classes/FrontController.php

uninstall the category block menu, then rename the folder via ftp

upload prestashop category block menu from V1.32

then install

have not had a chance to look at what the difference between the two category blocks is

• 4 weeks later...

there is this new folder in 1.4

override/classes/_FrontController.php

should the update be make in this folder/files instead to avoid overwrite by future update?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi could anyone tell me where to change wiznav.css to fill a gap on the right side. On the left side wiznav ends at the end of default theme but at the right side it ends exactly like the right colum block, so it lefts a 10px white line. So how to put wiznav on whole theme from left to right?

38674_vH5lNHkVHkx6B0tpDlFl_t

Hi!

First this is a great module :) so thx!

Second , somebody know how to resolve the left column problem with the categories block? On my homepage i have no categories block so the wiznav wont show the categories , i tried few trick but without success and i cant find the solution on the forum .

If somebody know the solution pls help :)

presta 1.3.7.0

I found a fix for using wiz nav with the free "christmas shop" template on siteground.com. The horziontal Bar disappears behind the top banner to resolve this issue follow these steps.

in template/christmas_shop/css/global.CSS

Change line 251:

#header {
   position : absolute;
   height:227px;
   width: 1000px;
   text-align: left;
   background :transparent url('../img/header.png') no-repeat top left;
   padding : 5px;

}

To:

#header {
   position : relative;
   height:227px;
   width: 1000px;
   text-align: left;
   background :transparent url('../img/header.png') no-repeat top left;
   padding : 5px;

}

Fixes gap above center column
Change line 277:

#center_column {

width:786px;
   margin: 230px 0 30px 0;
}

To:

#center_column {

width:786px;
   margin: 0px 0 30px 0;
}

Fixes gap above right column
Change Line 282:

#right_column {
width: 186px;
padding-left: 15px;
margin-top: 250px;
padding-right: 5px;
}

To:

#right_column {
width: 186px;
padding-left: 15px;
margin-top: 0px;
padding-right: 5px;
}

I deleted the default horizontal menu in header.tpl of the template since it did not come in the form of a module and was not easy to edit. I did not test this fix with it included but it should work ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I installed the WizNav Module and it is just great, and exactly what my site needed. Unfortunately, the navigation bar does not show up on the product pages, and I can’t figure out why?

Please see the attached images to see what I mean. The homepage image shows the Nav Bar working great, the product page shows the problem.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I followed all the instructions within the module for modifying the header.php and header.tpl and also added the “magical disappearance fix”, which was supposed to correct the problem of the Nav Bar disappearing from the checkout page.

I would appreciate any insights or help you can provide in helping me get the WizNav bar to show on my product pages.

39971_0vddswYLkxJjqo7cKGIu_t

OK, figured this out now, by using this:

$(function(){
  var path = location.pathname.substring(1);
  if ( path )
    $('#nav a[href$="' + path + '"]').attr('class', 'selected');
});

added this code to a file named current-tab.js and then linked to it from the tpl file, using this as the script source:

{$this_path}current-tab.js

Make sure you have edit this bit of code:

global $cookie, $smarty;
               $smarty->assign(array(
                   'xml' => $xml,

to read:

global $cookie, $smarty;
               $smarty->assign(array(
                   'xml' => $xml,

Then you just need to make sure you use absolute urls in the Wiznav set up (if you are using friendly urls, use the friendly url for the page).

Also, you should set up your css to accoutn for the new 'selected' class (.top_link is removed and replaced with .selected)

Hello,

I'm using version 1.3.7 and download module and fix. I make change in header.tpl an .php
But I have this errors :

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\...\modules\wiznav\wiznav.php on line 77
Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in C:\...\modules\wiznav\wiznav.php on line 79

Someone help me ?