Need help in using Cloudcache CDN with prestashop

I am using prestashop 1.4.8.2, cloudcache module 1.4.3. I took the basic package to check what difference CDN makes to my site and I am getting following issues:

1) Configured 4 pull domains on cloudcache and set the zones in prestashop for specific file type:

a) imgcdn.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com => file type img

B) jscdn.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com => file type js, compression yes

c) csscdn.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com => file type css, compression yes

d) othcdn.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com => file type Other, compression yes

Issues:

1) prestashop does not fill in the path of img directoy with cdn domain in the IMAGES.

e.g. My image url for img directory is created as: http://43-212-home/-l-oreal-paris-pearl-perfect-relighting-whitening-facial-foam.jpg

The working URL should be:

http://imgcdn.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com/43-212-home/-l-oreal-paris-pearl-perfect-relighting-whitening-facial-foam.jpg

Question: Is this how it is supposed to work or it is a bug in new version of cloudcache module. My purpose of having more than one subdomains for content for parallel download is unresolved.

2) To experiment further I used only one default CDN pull zone for ALL file types as below and everything started working fine and all url`s are correctly populated:

a) imgcdn.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com => file type ALL

Now issue here is that:

1) As soon as I click on "Sync Zones!" compression turns off in ps database although it is checked on the cloudcache control panel. Looks like compression is not working now.

2) I cannot minify/CCC css, js and html and all my directory paths on servers are visible to visitors if they use inspect on google chrome.

3) Not all of the content from ps img directory is served by CDN. Some still comes to my server.

4) Without CDN and with all performance changes my website takes 2.10 sec to load completely now with CDN it is taking over 5 sec.

Question: What am I doing wrong here when using default configuration for Cloudcache. How does it help in supercharging websites.

Edited by premanshu (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Homestock.. I do not use cloudcache module now.. I actually wanted a CDN server located in Singapore region and cloudcache did not had that option at that time. I am using Cloudflare with some modifications in core files. I am using 6 media servers (again after modifying core files) and all of them are delivering all css, js and img. I was not able to assign separate CDN on basis of media files.

In my two sites which are using cloudcache successfully, they both run PS 1.4.9 and the cloudcache version is 1.4.3. I haven't upgraded to 1.4.4 because I don't fix things that aren't broken. To the OP, if you view your page source the images, css files, etc. should point to: pull_zone_name.account_name.netdna-cdn.com/your/path/to/images/etc/

Yes, my experience is that when you sync zones, compression gets turned off in your back office. You hit Edit and click it on and Save. As far as CCC, etc. performance settings, they should be Off when using Cloudcache. I use All in my settings; haven't tried separate pull zones for css, js, etc.

In my PS 1.5.2 site, my cloudcache module is 1.4.4 and I had to turn it off. It worked "okay", but my thickbox images didn't seem to load. When I scrolled down, there they were on the same page, under all the other content. I couldn't fix that. I might downgrade to Cloudcache 1.4.3 and see if it works again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...