Product Customization Not Saving

Prestashop 1.4.8.2

I have a product that requires text customization. I choose my attributes and go to the customization and enter the text and click save.

it says "customization saved successfully" however, when i click "add to cart" a pop-up tells me "please fill in required fields and save customization"

If a refresh the page, my customizations are still there but i have to choose my attributes again and then it will add to the cart without issues.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

http://www.shophead2toe.com/shop/product.php?id_product=9

Prestashop 1.4.8.2

I have a product that requires text customization. I choose my attributes and go to the customization and enter the text and click save.

it says "customization saved successfully" however, when i click "add to cart" a pop-up tells me "please fill in required fields and save customization"

If a refresh the page, my customizations are still there but i have to choose my attributes again and then it will add to the cart without issues.

http://www.shophead2...hp?id_product=9

Known problem, reported several times. You need to first save customization, then select any combination. Various ways to solve it has been discussed in various posts. Do a search for it.

Edited by phrasespot (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Prestashop 1.4.8.2

http://www.shophead2...hp?id_product=9

BUMP. I'm searching for a fix for this. Have searched the forum with no result. Did you fix this?

I was having the same issue, thought I solved it by clearing my cookies, but the problem came back.

When the problem came back I was going to delete cookies, which i did anyway(this did not solve the problem this time), but then I realized my future customers may not like this option, as people don't like to have to put in much effort when making a purchase.

anyway, before I go on a rant about how this could be killing people's conversions... I'll tell you a simple thing I did that may or may not help.

I simply turned the requirement off, hit save & stay, tested the cart, then went back to my BO tab, re-saved the customization's as required & tested the cart again, and voila! it actually worked!

I'll have to test it again down the line because I'm not sure this is a true fix, but my thinking is that there is a bug occurring when I added some combinations to my products, jacking up the customization code or something, though I honestly don't know, all I do know is that it worked... for now.

hope that helps

• 5 years later...
On 6/23/2012 at 3:09 PM, phrasespot said:

Known problem, reported several times. You need to first save customization, then select any combination. Various ways to solve it has been discussed in various posts. Do a search for it.

In our case it is clicking "save" that generates the error message so this "fix" does not work.  I have searched forums without success I should be grateful for help with this there are questions about customisation problems but none seem to match our situation.  We have just spent hundreds of pounds on Google Adwords wondering why we were not getting any orders only to discover that the site does not work for this reason.

Desperate!  one of our products is here

http://giveagift.co.uk/wooden-toys/1-personalised-wooden-train-take-apart-and-pull-along-toy.html