[Addons website] Rating only visible after 3 votes

Carl Favre

Hi everyone,

As requested by many contributors we have changed the way rating is working.

Now rating will be visible once you have 3 votes.

This way it gives a more balanced idea of the quality of your module/theme and a first bad vote cannot ruin your module reputation.

For the contributors it does not change the fact that you will receive in your back office notifications for every new rating/comment.

Thanks again for all your suggestions, we work hard to make Addons a better place for both contributors and customers!

The Addons Team

Hi whitelighter,

It is already the case for the comments. You have a new section in your back office where you can see all the comments made for every modules/themes.

About the ratings in the seller account, I will tell the team about it.

It is already the case for the comments. You have a new section in your back office where you can see all the comments made for every modules/themes.

But, how about the potential buyers seeing the actual comments left by other buyers?

Stars do not mean much. A single star left by a user may not matter much for another buyer if the complained about feature of the module is not really relevant for that use case and vice versa. Here are two examples

***** Great. I installed it in 5 minutes.

* I could not login to my server to upload. Too hard.

If I could read the comments that go with those two ratings I would ignore the stars all together.

If PrestaShop does not allow public comments in add-ons (and it is one of the only Open Source developements I know which does that), sooner or later another entity will step up and setup a comments website for PrestaShop modules.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

But, how about the potential buyers seeing the actual comments left by other buyers?

Stars do not mean much. A single star left by a user may not matter much for another buyer if the complained about feature of the module is not really relevant for that use case and vice versa. Here are two examples

***** Great. I installed it in 5 minutes.

* I could not login to my server to upload. Too hard.

If I could read the comments that go with those two ratings I would ignore the stars all together.

If PrestaShop does not allow public comments in add-ons (and it is one of the only Open Source developements I know which does that), sooner or later another entity will step up and setup a comments website for PrestaShop modules.

Totally agree. Amazon allows public comments on everything they sell and it doesnt seem to have harmed them or their third party merchants.

Maybe things are done differently in Europe....?

• 2 weeks later...