server err when importing CSV and probl with categories. how solve?

Hi,

Ive got a csv file from wholeseller, I looked to csv file of products and created csv file of categories.

I imported categories,csv thru Tools-> CSV import (in BO) - all is all right I think.

then I tried to imort csv of products thru the same place and after some time I got an error:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. and so on.. "

I think the CSV file of products is too large to import thru BO CSV imort. my CSV file is 7.20 MB.

so how can I import it? thru DB (phpmyadmin)- to which tables?

And after server error I checked my shop - there are some imported products till error, but they are randomly inserted in categories and some products are created new categories in menu.

and for ex. in categories I created Communications -> GPS Systems -> and three subsub categories - Accessories, GPS receivers, PND (Ive created so in my categories.csv). GPS receivers has three subsubsub categories- Bluetooth, Trackers, USB (I saw them in products.csv I gave from wholesellers but I didnt created them in my categories.csv couse I think when I import GPS products - >GPS receivers for ex shouldnt be distribute). do I think right?

Thanks

Edited by mamandis (see edit history)

• 7 months later...