Default theme in 1.4.7.3 layout goes wrong

Hey all,

After spending over a month working on presta we were going to go live this weekend with the new site. Last thing we did was migrating from the old OSCommerce. We tested it a dozen times withou problems but now we did it with the full set of 10.000 products.

After migrating, on about half the products the standard them layout goes wrong. The right menu is now below cutting things in half.

See here:

http://www.poweruser...sdhc-cards.html

With 2 we've been looking at it the whole day long we managed to fix some problems but it would take months to update 4500 products in 3 languages.

I wonder what the problem is beause sometime emptying the HTML descriptions still doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

we used the cart2cart.com service.

carefull prestashop is installed in wwW.poweruser.be/presta

www.poweruser.be is still the liv eoscommerce website.

but overwriting teh theme must have changed some cofiguration so www.poweruser.be/presta points to www.poweruser.be/shop

No idea what that would be

we used the cart2cart.com service.

carefull prestashop is installed in wwW.poweruser.be/presta

www.poweruser.be is still the liv eoscommerce website.

but overwriting teh theme must have changed some cofiguration so www.poweruser.be/presta points to www.poweruser.be/shop

No idea what that would be

Merely overwriting a theme should not be capable of causing these sorts of issues. Can you please compare your settings to those laid out in our Moving PrestaShop guide to confirm that everything is configured properly?

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/System+Administrator+Guide#SystemAdministratorGuide-MovingPrestaShop

-Mike

Here it is. i remove locations of database and password by "hidden"

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/presta/');

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_1_', '');

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_2_', '');

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_3_', '');

define('_PS_CACHING_SYSTEM_', 'MCached');

define('_PS_CACHE_ENABLED_', '0');

define('_THEME_NAME_', 'prestashop');

define('_DB_NAME_', 'hidden');

define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'MyISAM');

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');

define('_DB_USER_', 'hidden');

define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');

define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'hidden');

define('_DB_TYPE_', 'MySQL');

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'hidden');

define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'hidden');

define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2012-05-22');

define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'T666maAezrVzDgZyJmWx91H4UXVYPtOh');

define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'w4Ksi/Foe4df2bU+9c+bXw==');

define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.4.7.3');

it is enabled....

www.poweruser.be/presta

unfortunately after overwriting the theme the site is completely down. :(

I just paid support at the ISP 30 euro to do a restore of yersterdays files, therewith loosing 14 hours of work today.

At the moment go to error page...

You have payed 30€... :blink:

I replace files to my clients for free :rolleyes:

You don need to loose your work... tell your isp to keep the files off today in other folder like presta_old and create also the database of today for this folder.

After that tell me, so that i can give a look .

well, they are allready restoring, it is too late.

The 30 euro is nothing. I have been working from 8 am so 16 hour straigth to get it working and to get online on sunday (and this with 2 people) to find out that we had a small HTML issue an now we're back to where we started with 0 change to get online on sunday.

Some kind of support this was.

If i hadn't spend over €1000 euro on modules and migration services i would forget about prestashop in a second and go back to OSCommerce

Some kind of support this was. Enthousiasm over this product went from high to deeply low in 2 hours time....

Don't be angry... a little mistake can become a big mistake and then will trun things more difficult.

Some advises, that i follow every time i change things:

• goto www.mysite.com/cpanel.
  • open phpmyadmin and make a copy from your database to another database with a different name. If things went wrong, you just have to copy again in the inverse way. If you prefer you can make a database backup.
  • now open file manager and make a copy of your store folder in public_html(presta) to other folder with a different name (presta_copy). If things went wrong you just delete actual site folder(presta) and make a copy from presta_copy to presta folder.

If you follow this steps before any change, you will never lose your work or money.

Before you start, tell me exactly what you need to do width your store, so tha i can try to help.

I am angry. Very angry even. We had to go live on sunday because i don't have time over the following weeks so I spend hours and hours working on this. Then such a "small" thing like replacing a harmless file resulted in this.

Count the migration that needs to be redone (and repaid), the hours lost on it (upadting products) and the fact that i don't have the time to do it all again the following weeks make me very angry.

If people that make the migration change any file, if some little mistake in sintax code happens, it is enought to make strange behaviors.

You need to pay to do the migration... you have a module to do that ;)

Tell me your specif needs in this migration, so that i will try to guide you.

unfortunately after overwriting the theme the site is completely down. :(

I just paid support at the ISP 30 euro to do a restore of yersterdays files, therewith loosing 14 hours of work today.

If they just have restored the files, that means that you still have your database with all the products that you have migrate :rolleyes:

If they have restored also the databases, ask to them to give a backup copy of today database. Your problem are in files and cpanel, not in database.

After pulling an allnighter and having 3 hours of sleep, we're back.

The domain redirection wasn't coming from cpanel but from the files that were corrupt. They tried it again with the same result (now first making a backup copy). Finally it costed me a lot more then €30

It seems everything is working again (i need to do more testing) but we're back at square 1, html in new presta theme is stilled messed up with half the products.

Reason for not using the migration tool: it just didn't work. Probably due to older oscommerce with many ad hoc changes.

Ok looking at the source of the affected products it seems that the html that is included in the product description may.have an extra div included at the end which is scrambling the layout of your site.

This product for example http://www.poweruser.be/presta/nl/switch-dimpack/3341-showtec-digidim-12-pro.html, the html at the end is

Dimensions: 483 x 178 x 436 mm<BR>(19 inch/ 4U) <BR>? Weight: 31 kg </DIV></DIV></div>[code] But other products don't have all these closing div.  

So my advice would be to check your product description.

What tool where used to do the migration?

If you have all products in Excel file, you can use the excel program in my signature.

If youy have all the products in CSV file, open it in excel and use my program.

To create a CSV file you go to your phpmyadmin, select your oscommerce database and export in CSV format for excel.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

About xls2sql if you need output for utf-8, you will need to open the sql file, generated by xls2sql, in some text editor for programming languages, and then save it again, choosing first utf-8 encode.

You need utf-8 encode in the sql file, if the text have words with ã, â, á or another special charactheres.

If you don't change the encode, when you import the sql file in phpmyadmin to your database, the words with special charactheres, will be cut in the special characther.

I don't know how it is a oscommerce database. If you give a example file from your oscommerce database, so that i can test, i will see.

First you need to export the oscommerce databe in CSV for excel.

After this you can use my program in excel to generate a SQL file to import in prestashop database.