import product images - which path?

hi everybody,

i'm triing to import a few thousand articles to presta shop. everything worked fine while importing products and corresponding categories, but i don't get the images working. when manually uploading images with the administrative tools, i always got a path like

presta/img/p/PRODUCTID-1-home.jpg

or "-large.jpg" for the details. so i renamed all my images to the above sheme and made the inserts on product_image and product_image_lang. but the images don't show up. when i have a look on the administrative tools, in the image section, all images are linked to

presta/img/p/3/5/35.jpg

with random numbers. so how are these path build? i can't see how i have to rename/move the images to get them show up.

greetings from germany

All product images are in root/img/p/ and are given names by prestashop such as

1-156.jpg

1-156-home.jpg

1-156-large.jpg

1-156-medium.jpg

1-156-small.jpg

1-156-thickbox.jpg

All of these images are the same product and each image is used in a different location within the shop based on the size needed.

the next product will be the same scheme but with a number like 157 then 158 and so on.

If you look in Preferences/ Images you will see a list of image names and sizes and should give you a better clue.

If you have renamed images they will not show as Prestashop has the images linked to the names given by Prestashop on upload.

• 9 months later...

I suggest you to put images in a root folder like "imgimport/img" and then in the product csv file, to declare image paths as below:

../imgimport/img/pic1.jpg, ../imgimport/img/pic2.jpg

It should work.

Hai

In which controller i can change this? I am new to prestashop