Mike Kranzler

[SOLVED] Documentation for Version 1.5

Question

Hi everybody,

An early version of our v1.5 documentation is now available in English.

It is still in progress, so do not be surprised if there are certain sections or images currently missing. They will be added as we continue to build it out.

However, if you do find any errors or inconsistencies, please let us know and we will pass it along to our Documentation Czar B).

Find it for yourself here.

-Mike

43 answers to this question

Hi Mike,

is Prestashop team working on developer´s guide also?

Is there any early version of this help-like document?

Marcel

Yes, the aforementioned Czar is working on it at the moment B).

-Mike

Hi there!,

I am following the instructions in the documentation to upgrade from 1.5.0.9.

On Step 2

- Getting Ready for the New Version, section

Copying the files backed up during Step 1 to the "prestashop" folder, it stands:

/config

folder, only copy the

settings.inc.php

file, then modify the following lines:

• The line that contains "PS_BASE_URI" must contain the name of the subfolder where you are going to do your update. For instance, "/prestashop/" instead of "/", or of the name of current folder for your current store.

But I cannot even find "PS_BASE_URI" in settings.inc.php.

Is it possible just to add

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/'); (where 'prestashop' is the name of the subfolder in which doing the update)

as explained in section "Checking before going further"? Not suspicious the line wasn't there previously?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by clampon

Hi clampon,

The PS_BASE_URI entry is not in your version of PrestaShop because 1.5 is not yet officially released for use on a live site, and that field is for putting your site live. As long as you're developing locally, you shouldn't need to add it.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hey,

I followed the documentation for the update and it works fine.

But in my back-office a lot of icon / image are missing. Actually, almost all of them :(

Anyone know what can I do to display the missing icons / images ?

Zouc

Hi Zouc,

Please back up your website and database, and then try the following:

In your Back Office, please go to Preferences > Images, and then click the "Move Images" button at the very bottom of the page. Then, be sure you've cleared your cache and let me know if that works any better for you.

-Mike

HI Mike,

I followed all upgrading steps. Finally i type localhost/prestashop/install/upgrade/upgrade.php

i got one fatal error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::getOctets() in C:\wamp\www\prestashop\install\init.php on line 72

Please Help Me.

Deepesh

Hey Mike,

I upgrade my Prestashop with the use of auto upgrade module as newly created by you. it worked. but in back office all the icon and image are not properly at their place.

Please help me i am at middle.

Thanks

Hey Mike,

I upgrade my Prestashop with the use of auto upgrade module as newly created by you. it worked. but in back office all the icon and image are not properly at their place.

Please help me i am at middle.

Thanks

Hi Alpha,

Per the rules of the PrestaShop forums, please only keep one topic per thread. Since this is a separate issue, please create a new post in the correct section of the forums, Upgrading PrestaShop.

-Mike

where i can find link download for user guide prestashop 1.5! i tried googling but not found it.!! please give me the link so i can read without using internet connection. thank you so much!

where i can find link download for user guide prestashop 1.5! i tried googling but not found it.!! please give me the link so i can read without using internet connection. thank you so much!

We definitely NEED a dev documentation. The community around prestashop is FREAKIN DEAD because no one want's to invest time into developping it - it seems to be everything about money ( and pretty much nothing about the code)

Comon, devs, we've been to the same school, and you should know documenting the project is as important as the code, otherwise NOONE will build modules around your solution...

Sometimes it takes me hours to find a very little piece of information wich should have been documented... how do you expect the open source community to take time to work for your project if you give nothing to the community ?

If you want free modules, free themes, and a widespread usage by PROESSIONALS and not only by newbies - who eard few month ago that e-commerce was a new eldorado and that you could have a shop set up in 5 minutes thanks to prestashop - wich is very misleading, and i think, killing the business - YOU NEED TO DOCUMENT IT

And when i say document it, i talk for the devs, user doc is not as important....

(and please a workin one the actual module creation guide is full of mistakes and incomplete)

Hi All...

Documentation is there but it is never discussing all steps and issue.

I am not a PS expert so i expect documentation must have been more precisely described.

All steps must have been told. Because when we add new categories and products, it make novice a bitter experience to make his multi-store work.

Thanks

Edited by mux

I have converted my products List view to Grid view by editing the codes in product-list.tpl & product_list.css but i am getting a problem as the line show products by page sort by option which is at the end of products are coming in same line with products. I have attach a snapshot of my web page to make you clear how it looks. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank You in advance.

I have also attached product_list.css file in which i have change for grid view.

product_list.css

post-421792-0-35581300-1352971300_thumb.jpg