Hi Guys

I'm about a week away from getting a few new theme online all built from the ground up however I'm stuck with 1 aspect.

I have a folder within them my theme called "Modules" within that I want to contain some of the default modules such as home featured and so on so no external coding will be required.

How do I place the module within that folder and tell the theme to pick it up from there? Or does it do it on its own providing the folder name is the same and I only include the language files and .tpl?

Any help would be great :)

Have you tried to export theme and modules with Import/export module that comes default with Prestashop ?

If you changed just css and tpl files, then you need to create modules folder within your theme.

Then for example, to override homefeatured module, you need to create homefeatured folder there

and place homefeatured.tpl within. So path to that file will be your_theme/modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl.

Similar for modules css files, check your_theme/css/modules folder.

Also check this tutorial and maybe check structure of new prestashop default theme .

Edited by razaro (see edit history)

No, css and tpl goes to separate folders.

So to override blockcart module, for example:

For tpl path needs to be your_theme/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl.

For css path needs to be your_theme/css/modules/blockcart/blockcart.css

And if needed, for js path needs to be your_theme/js/modules/blockcart/ajax-cart.js

So Prestashop will check those paths and use available files.

Also I think path is case sensitive so "Modules" may not work.

And sorry if I am not too clear, here is another link that could help.

• 3 months later...

Why it's doesn't work for modules like: homeslider, blockcurrencies, blocktopmenu and I guess few more.

Always when I am doing new theme for prestashop there is the same problem.

I am exporting file, than trying to import it to new store and few modules doesn't work because presta is offended

Any help ?

Edited by kapees (see edit history)