Release Candidate 1 for PrestaShop v1.5 is now available!

For those who’ve been anxiously awaiting the release of PrestaShop v1.5, take a deep breath and… exhale a sigh of relief. That’s right everyone! You guessed it. Our Team is proud to announce that v1.5′s Release Candidate is now available to download!

This means our Community can begin to develop modules and build their e-commerce shops with the v1.5 software, it will take just a little bit longer before the final version 1.5 goes public. Please keep in mind that the most important thing for us is your feedback as it will help to make our new software perfect! Please report any suspected bugs directly to our development team on The Forge.

Some of the new features you can expect with PrestaShop v1.5 are:

• Multistore Management – Multistore will allow any merchant, regardless of shop size, to manage multiple stores from a single Back Office.
  • New Modules API – API structure has been revised to help you simply and efficiently manage updates to all of your modules. The API’s automatically check to ensure you always have the latest versions.
  • Cart pricing rules – Manage your cart’s pricing rules easily, with an ergonomic interface for any merchant. Now it will be easy to provide discounts on items in your customer’s cart. A convenient way to make promotional offers stand out to your customers (e.g. Buy two items, get the third for one dollar…)
  • Place or modify orders from the Back-office - This feature allows merchants to help customers over the phone and place the order for them.

Tons of additional features and optimizations are also available with the version 1.5; including a new design for the admin panel, a more advanced stock management tool and an improved customer service system… just to name a few!

Don’t wait! Download PrestaShop 1.5 RC1 to start developing your store, or new modules, before the Final version release!

• Like 8

Hi I just re-installed the latest "RC" and I see that the field id_group_shop, which is used throughout the DB and application, has been renamed to id_shop_group? Is this in the change-log as I found out the hard way when I tried to re-install all my custom modules.

Another issue is found is that all my custom hooks are not showing any content.

Also is anyone else using an automatic deploy tool, like Capistrano to move their Dev application into a production environment. I am interested to hear ideas as I actually want to build a proper auto-scalling solution with Prestashop on AWS.

Gratz on the release.

Hello,

can you confirm that 1.5 RC do not support PHP 5.1.6 anymore ?

I have a server setup with PHP 5.1.6 and I get this error :

[Mon Jun 11 18:11:26 2012] [error] ] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN - assumed 'PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN' in httpdocs/15rc/classes/Search.php on line 387, referer: /15rc/install/index.php

I think it is related on a missing constant for old PHP versions.

This happens on 88% of the installation, when it tries to install the theme...

On the same server 1.4.8.2 version works flawlessly.

Thanks.

I have done an install of V1.5 and cant help noticing how many modules thats missing from V1.4, most noticeable is the paypal module, is this an oversite or does V1.5 dont support paypal by default anymore.

If it is not going to be available in V1.5, what would you suggest I use instead? Paypal would be great but it isn't a dealbreaker for me because nothing is easier to use or works better for my business than presta.

I've heard good things about allied wallet, has anyone used it?

Despite my little ramble its all good work well done all....

love it.

Larry (http://klassifashion.com)

As was in the beta version, there is a rather ridiculous bug that shows "access denied" to the admin panel after a fresh installation with all the requirements met.

Hi Mr.Beetroot,

Is there any information you could provide to allow us to replicate this error on our end?

-Mike

I PMed you regarding this topic.

I already responded. I cannot access any of your private information here on the forums. What we need is the steps necessary to follow to try to replicate this error on a fresh install to determine whether or not it is a bug in the software or a configuration or server-side issue.

-Mike

Just installed and changed the admin url as a usual and it is blank, I turned error reporting on and it shows that it is trying to still include the original admin folder i.e /httpdocs/admin/functions.php

Just installed and changed the admin url as a usual and it is blank, I turned error reporting on and it shows that it is trying to still include the original admin folder i.e /httpdocs/admin/functions.php

Did you just click on the Back Office button at the end of the installation, or navigate manually to the new /admin URL? At the moment, the button will direct you to /admin even after you've changed it on your site. But if you type the URL manually (like you would any other time you want to access your Back Office), this shouldn't cause you any issues.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

What I meant was I went to the new admin url i.e site.com/admin it told me to rename so i did and went to site.com/admin123 and now its blank. Think this was due to me having a previous install that had the cache enabled, deleted the cache and browser cache and it works now thanks.

Edited by dgj (see edit history)

Hi,

Just installed the RC, thanks for this.

- The BO has some issues to show the current information, for instance , if you place an order in BO, then when you go back to the list of orders, the new one is not there, you have to reload the page to show it.

Thanks

Edited by ezakimak (see edit history)

For those who’ve been anxiously awaiting the release of PrestaShop v1.5, take a deep breath and… exhale a sigh of relief. That’s right everyone! You guessed it. Our Team is proud to announce that v1.5′s Release Candidate is now available to download!

Hello Mike!

It was pointed in the changelog to prestashop 1.5.0.9:

[*] FO : Add mobile detection and mobile theme dispatcher

[*] MO : updated controllers for mobile theme

Unfortunaly, I didn't find changes for mobile theme in prestashop 1.5 RC1.

Will be mobile theme added at all in prestashop 1.5?

Thanks a lot for Prestashop!

I already responded. I cannot access any of your private information here on the forums. What we need is the steps necessary to follow to try to replicate this error on a fresh install to determine whether or not it is a bug in the software or a configuration or server-side issue.

-Mike

Apparently, just as was the beta version, this bug is easily "fixed" by going to the profile preferences and just saving them, after that all menus work as intended. This issue has been brought up not only by me: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/172944-strange-behaviour-with-login-in-backend-with-firefox/

Please have a look at this, the production version certainly should not have such flaws.

Also. Would be great if you had a couple of default themes to choose from in the standard package including a very basic one with just plain categories and big thumbnails and ofcourse a plain clear theme (with autodetection) for iOS and Android as part of the installation.

Hello Mike!

It was pointed in the changelog to prestashop 1.5.0.9:

[*] FO : Add mobile detection and mobile theme dispatcher

[*] MO : updated controllers for mobile theme

Unfortunaly, I didn't find changes for mobile theme in prestashop 1.5 RC1.

Will be mobile theme added at all in prestashop 1.5?

Thanks a lot for Prestashop!

Hi decorator,

The mobile theme is not something that comes by default with PrestaShop. This is a separate service where we work with you personally to develop a custom mobile application specific to your store, and get it submitted, approved and listed on the Apple and Android marketplaces. It's a very involved, custom process, but we added some improvements that make it a little easier going forward.

You can learn more about the mobile application here.

-Mike

Hi decorator,

The mobile theme is not something that comes by default with PrestaShop. This is a separate service where we work with you personally to develop a custom mobile application specific to your store, and get it submitted, approved and listed on the Apple and Android marketplaces. It's a very involved, custom process, but we added some improvements that make it a little easier going forward.

You can learn more about the mobile application here.

-Mike

Hi, Mike!

Thanks.

Question:

Will we be able to use our 1.4 database tables to populate Attributes and Groups tables Categories tables, Products tables, Image tables and Tax tables.

These are the most time consuming areas and I hate to think that I will have to re-type all this all over just to upgrade to 1.5.

I am installing the RC as I type to see what 1.5 is all about but from what I read the differences want allow you to upgrade from 1.4.

He gennolo,

At the moment, version 1.5 only works with PHP 5.3.0 and above.

-Mike

I am installing 1.5 rc on Ipage and in my PHP.ini section I can switch between 5.2 or 5.3 so after reading this post I switched it to 5.3 and during install after confirming my settings (all OK) when you click next it loops back to the first page of installation.

So I switched it back to 5.2 and the install goes right through.

I notice at this time there is no place to enter Counties there are not even database tables for it.

How would someone in a State with State Tax and County surtax properly configure taxes.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

Hello

Just one stupid question. Does this RC candidate work ? I mean i had version 1.5.0.5 and had it whole bugged.. and exacly same is for 1.5.0.13...

I get empty categories and Array in menu at top...

http://seigi.dyndns.info/prestashops/15013beta_rc1/index.php

Additionally, installation went "fine" - I had to skip demo products import since it hang my installation.

How can smth that bugged be a RC?

My BackOffice states error to me: Access denied.

Scroll-down menus are empty and like 100 positions each.

post-94208-0-94495000-1340546544_thumb.jpg

Hello

Just one stupid question. Does this RC candidate work ? I mean i had version 1.5.0.5 and had it whole bugged.. and exacly same is for 1.5.0.13...

I get empty categories and Array in menu at top...

http://seigi.dyndns....a_rc1/index.php

Additionally, installation went "fine" - I had to skip demo products import since it hang my installation.

How can smth that bugged be a RC?

My BackOffice states error to me: Access denied.

Scroll-down menus are empty and like 100 positions each.

The "Access denied" issue has been reported in the bugtracker and is solved in the latest SVN version.

See here for a workaround for this issue in RC1:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-2762

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike.

Would it be possible now to go ahead working with latest1.5.0.13 building a "real shop". (Looks very cool)

I mean, will the "full version-release" be updated with no problem when the final release is ready.

This might take 4 to 6 weeks. Looks like the final will be ready in a timescale like that.

I of course don´t mean to go public, but just preparing, adding contends with no code change etc.

Best regards Kim

How long will we wait for stable version?

That all depends on our community. The purpose of a Release Candidate version is to get input from the community on what may still need to be improved before the final release, and we use that input to dictate our plans for moving forward. Please provide any comments our suggestions on v1.5 directly on the Forge so that we can continue to work toward the final release!

-Mike

Hi Mike.

Would it be possible now to go ahead working with latest1.5.0.13 building a "real shop". (Looks very cool)

I mean, will the "full version-release" be updated with no problem when the final release is ready.

This might take 4 to 6 weeks. Looks like the final will be ready in a timescale like that.

I of course don´t mean to go public, but just preparing, adding contends with no code change etc.

Best regards Kim

Hi Kim,

Yes, you will be able to upgrade from the RC to the final release in order to go live, just as you've been able to upgrade from one version to the next in the past.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We do not have an official date yet for the final release of version 1.5, but we're certainly getting closer. The purpose of the Release Candidate version is to get input from the community as a whole as to what could still be improved before the final release. The more feedback we receive, the sooner we'll be able to put out 1.5 final!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I am relatively new to prestashop. I started developing under 1.4 and have chosen to wait to launch my store until your 1.5 final whilst using your RC version currently.

Very fond of the platform so far and am wondering where my feedback is best placed?

I am signed up to the bug tracker now also.

Thanks

Improvement for Stats Module: Be able to track every shipping method available used per day/per month/per year from our customers. That's very important for statistic!

Hi Chris,

Feedback on version 1.5 is best posted on the Forge, as that goes directly to our development team.

-Mike

Good morning guys from Greece!! I just installed the latest 1.5.0.13 RC1 version, installation had no problems but I cannot connect to the backoffice.Why??

Are you receiving any error messages on your site? In your config/config.inc.php file, please set "display_errors" to "on", reload the page and let us know what messages you receive.

-Mike

I made this change in one of the first rows after the blah-blah and this is the result

Grey image - backoffice

White - frontoffice

Please guys make it stable - And make some type of conference in Czech Republic where I will be from Sept '12 - June '13 ;) - Greece supports you <3

post-368778-0-69957600-1343147167_thumb.jpg

post-368778-0-70071200-1343147620_thumb.jpg

Edited by Κωνσταντίνος Βαν Νταμ (see edit history)

Hi Κωνσταντίνος Βαν Νταμ ,

Shame on you Mike!We try to help eachother by testing the 1.5.0.13 RC1 version having a few problems... And the only that you say when we contact you here or in pm or in twitter is about violation of terms and blah blah blah.. We need solutions NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concerning your message and report : why would Mike have more solution to give in PM or Twitter than on the forum?

This is not a shame from his part. He only makes the forum's rules respected.

By doing that, the help eventually given on the forum will be useful for anybody. But in PM it won't and on Twitter it will quickly disappear... ;)

Thank you for your comprehension.

Regards.

Which part of "Per PrestaShop's rules, requests for assistance sent via PM will not be answered" was hard to understand? Please post your bugs on the bugtracker http://forge.prestas.../Dashboard.jspa

Regards, trip

Hi Κωνσταντίνος Βαν Νταμ ,

Concerning your message and report : why would Mike have more solution to give in PM or Twitter than on the forum?

This is not a shame from his part. He only makes the forum's rules respected.

By doing that, the help eventually given on the forum will be useful for anybody. But in PM it won't and on Twitter it will quickly disappear... ;)

Regards.

This is not our part guys. I sent in forum, take one answer that doesn't solve the problem, I sent back thumbnails still no answer. I try to respect the "hard to understand".... rules, but as soon as one of the ps leaders (or just anyone) will not solve this serious bug, I will never stop complaining even here or in illegal "spots"... Thank you

This is not our part guys. I sent in forum, take one answer that doesn't solve the problem, I sent back thumbnails still no answer. I try to respect the "hard to understand".... rules, but as soon as one of the ps leaders (or just anyone) will not solve this serious bug, I will never stop complaining even here or in illegal "spots"... Thank you

PrestaShop is provided for free. So please do not considere the Community or ayone else like if they HAD to bring you support. We all (and Mike more than anyone) do our best to satisfy our Community, but we cannot solve every problems immediatly and this is not with that behavior that you will help the Community.

Like Trip told, if you really want this bug to be taken into account by our developers and solved, please post it here:

http://forge.prestashop.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Regards.

Community is so silent my friend.All the people are all the day on facebook doing $%^@&$*$# but when the point comes to real help everyone does nothing. Keep going like this and you will lose many people going to x-cart, os, magento or elsewhere! As for the experts being in an office representing Prestashop, this is their(your) job where you HAVE to do things.................................

• Like 1

Community is so silent my friend.All the people are all the day on facebook doing $%^@&$*$# but when the point comes to real help everyone does nothing. Keep going like this and you will lose many people going to x-cart, os, magento or elsewhere! As for the experts being in an office representing Prestashop, this is their(your) job where you HAVE to do things.................................

Please be aware that:

1. The state of the software is "RC", that means bugs are existing for sure

2. The community and the Prestashop-team will have a high interest in fixing bugs, but nobody here is your personal servant (or of anyone else)

3. The software is for free and therefore your pressure doesn't work

4. You can always decide to use another software if you are not satisfied (you listed them...)

5. Spreading bad mood in the forum will help no-one!

But let me tell you, I tested already a lot of free ecommerce solutions and prestashop is really what satisfies me the most. Yes, there is still some work for everyone for customizing, but this software has a high potential...

• Like 1

1. Because there are bugs for this reason we tell the point where there is bug in order to be fixed.

2. I never told something like I want somenone in personal, always appreciate the team-minded spirit. In addition all the "experts" say that "feedback is so poor so we are not able to improve - give us feedback" and when we give it ... NOTHING (++POSITIVE++) HAPPENS

3. The core is for free but think about it.. A few people write code about it - it is their main activity, or at least it takes a few hours weekly of their time - will they make it for free?? I don't think so... Someone pays them, let it be someone addon producer or anyone else.. There are nowhere in this world entirely free projects.. You want to say that only if someone pays then pressure is ok.. Shame on you dear, money, money, money.. F€€€ money.. I only want my shop to work well

4. I am free for sure, but I like ps and want to wake you up before it is too late.. I am not the only one thinking my way. Just other people don't speak. But speaking you find solutions, I think.

5. Spreading bad mood in forum is not good, but spreading "pink clouds" also doesn't help....

yes i think i will change to Magento, tghe situation here is realy dead

Please be aware that:

1. The state of the software is "RC", that means bugs are existing for sure

2. The community and the Prestashop-team will have a high interest in fixing bugs, but nobody here is your personal servant (or of anyone else)

3. The software is for free and therefore your pressure doesn't work

4. You can always decide to use another software if you are not satisfied (you listed them...)

5. Spreading bad mood in the forum will help no-one!

But let me tell you, I tested already a lot of free ecommerce solutions and prestashop is really what satisfies me the most. Yes, there is still some work for everyone for customizing, but this software has a high potential...

Although I spent hours posting bugs on the bug tracker and getting annoyed by people who think they can post there bugs here to get a special support I recommend reading what a RC is meant to be and that PS invites everyone to post there bugs on the bugtracker and not on the forum. I also recommend reinstall the RC. Nobody can guess what you did but the error message in the backend is pretty self explanatory. It says that Translate.php is missing in the classes dir. So maybe you check what is going on in your classes directory? Folder permissions, missing files or whatever? Sorry but if you expect PS team to answer such things we will never get the long awaited new version and once again, this is RC version to find bugs. If you want to setup a shop go with the latest stable 1.4.8. This was mentioned 100 times in the forum already!!

Best regards, trip

Κωνσταντίνος,

The PrestaShop forums are a community resource for nearly 350,000 users around the world. At this very moment, more than 1,300 users are online looking for advice and assistance just as you are.

PrestaShop team members are here mainly to moderate, but I go out of my way to help as many people as possible resolve their issues wherever they are, including here, on social networks, external websites and even in person.

These rules are in place for a reason, and it's the same reason that I list this specific rule both in my signature below every post and in large, bold text in the About Me section of my profile. In one year, I have received over 1,000 PMs, and I would estimate that 2/3 of them are in violation of these rules. We cannot allow someone's demands, especially in violation of the rules of the forums, to dictate how we help the community get the information they need to sell online.

This is a community resource, and must be treated as such. If you do not get an immediate answer to your question, please consider several potential factors:

1. The time difference: Our community spans across the entire globe, and our team occasionally needs to sleep. For that reason, the PrestaShop team cannot be on the forums 24 hours a day, every day.

2. The number of posts: Every day, our community submits upwards of 1,000 posts. We cannot respond immediately to every single one, especially those that require additional research into the source of the error. My personal goal is to respond to 40-50 posts per day, which is the single highest rate among all users. Even if you factor in weekends and holidays when I am not on the forums, and times where personal issues take priority (you don't want to know how many angry messages I received back in January when I was offline for a full week due to emergency surgery), my personal rate of 21.68 posts per day according to forum statistics is still the single highest rate by a very large margin (I believe the next-highest, from an unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable non-PrestaTeam developer, is 13.71). If you are unhappy that I did not respond to your post immediately, I apologize, but that leaves a lot of ground to be covered by the rest of our users beyond my contributions.

3. The content of your posts: If you're not getting a response right away, consider the specific content of your post. Maybe you're not providing enough information about your specific issue, such as version number, modules affected, or screenshots of your issue. Maybe the error messages are not visible in your screenshot, and would be better served copy/pasted directly into the post. 99.999% of the users here on the forum are not members of the PrestaShop team, but would still love to help you out if you give them the necessary information.

4. The tone of your posts: Thousands of regular users are on here every day, and many of them are brilliant developers. Unfortunately, developers tend to be a fickle bunch, and while the PrestaShop team is much more tolerant of this than most, the way posts are phrased can often lead them to be unwilling to help you. When a user posts demands such as "work faster," "fix this now" or "hold an event in my location," our team may still respond. However, I know for a fact that many of our most active, knowledgeable users who are not in any way affiliated with PrestaShop beyond their participation on these forums will specifically stay away from these sorts of posts.

5. Bugs: If you truly think that this is a bug in the solution itself, the forums are not the best place to report it. As mentioned in the very first post on this thread, we ask for any potential bugs to be reported directly to our developers so that they can fully investigate it and push out a fix if it is a bug.

Our software is free, you are correct. Many software providers in our position would not (and do not) provide support on it beyond FAQs or a contact form for that specific reason. However, we believe that our users deserve a better level of support than they may receive elsewhere, which is the purpose of our presence here on the forums. I would personally estimate that at least half of all new threads here are either configuration errors, hosting/server-side issues or a function of custom coding or modules that are not part of the default solution. Many other providers would respond as such and not provide the information to fix it because it's "not our problem." However, I and my fellow PrestaTeam members are more than happy to provide the information to educate our users on the software beyond the default solution to help our users sell online.

As many users would attest, I take our community very seriously, to the point where I have helped individual users take the legal action necessary when their content has been stolen and is being resold on external sites. Even if it doesn't affect PrestaShop one bit, I believe it is the right thing to do, and will support any developer when it comes to these sorts of concerns.

I am sorry if you feel that I have not provided you the sort of support you think you deserve. But I hope that I have also properly explained a lot of the background when it comes to the PrestaShop forums, both for our community and our users as a whole. These forums are our community resource, and PrestaShop is a community solution. If you treat it as such, I promise you that you will see a better outcome on your posts here.

-Mike

• Like 3

Suddenly everything works properly in localhost as I tried to install it with USA settings after something that saw in a guy's bug. So there is bug in the translation. Excuse me if I am a bit offensive, but it gets on my nerves... Also my greek temperament and the situation in the country..

Kisses to all :* :*

@Κωνσταντίνος Βαν Νταμ

Hi

First I want to talk about your problem with RC1.

For front office error suggest that mbstring library is not activated on your server.

I don't know much about it but found this

There are three possible scenarios:
  • If it's your providers server: Ask your provider to activate that extension in PHP or how to activate it - if you have a good administration panel for your server you may be able to activate it yourself.
  • If it's your own Linux server: You may have to re-compile PHP and include the mbstring library. Ask the Linux experts how to do that. In most Linux versions today you can install it using your Linux packet manager.
    • If you are using a version of Linux that supports 'yum' (CentOS, RedHat, Fedora):
      1. Use the terminal (as a super user) and type: yum install php-mbstring
      2. Make sure to update /etc/php.ini to update and uncomment the various mbstring params
      3. Make sure to restart apache after installing it:/etc/init.d/httpd restart

• If it's your own Windows server: Search for php.ini on your system, open it with an editor and search for mbstring. Most probably the line that contains that string is commented out with a semicolon. Remove the semicolon, save and restart your web server.

For problem in back office by error code it seams you have some problems with translation.
If you use default install with English maybe some files are not uploaded correctly.
So maybe complete re-install could be good idea.

And about forum support , most unanswered questions comes from lack of info in question.
From your first question " I cannot connect to the backoffice.Why?? " there is not any info to work on.
Like what happens when you try to log in ? Did you searched forum for similar problems ? What is your hosting provider?PHP version? ...

Note some info you can easily get by choosing Configuration Information from Advanced Parameters from top menu.

Screen-shots you posted shed some light on your issue but questions from before still could help more.

And I don't want to comment on some of your post but I must say that Mike is one of most helpful
guys on forum ever and every day he help a lot of people, so I think you owe him apology.

Edit: Sorry didn't saw your replay, glad it is all working.

Edited by razaro (see edit history)

I just have finished reading all your response, wanting to apologize from my part and wish you health (because of the surgery that you mentioned) and whatever **offtopic** you want. Sorry again. You are right and I try to follow all these rules 90% of my ps time, but you know there are some moments that somenone tells you "good morning" and you tell him "go f%$ yourself". Now I understood very well why you and not anyone else speaks most with people among ps. We like Mike Kranzler!!

Hi Mike.

Best regards Kim

Hi Kim - I was curious how this was working out for you. My boss would like to do something similar, but every now and then I set some setting and the shop stops working and I have no clue why. So I wondered if I needed to re-download RC1 or if my web server setup was wrong or something...

Thanks for letting me know!

Lynnette

There is one more error guys. When I tried to adjust the text from the lady in "contact" section with the headphones from english to greek, the image slider stopped to slides the images and just shows them one under the other. Also in localhost I can log in, but in server I cannot. I have the same settings in both. Does anyone know what to do?

Thank you in advance

I had the SVN version installed (shows 1.5.0.14 in footer) but have not updated any files since I installed. I had to load the 1-click-upgrade module.

I don't have the root directory problem above.

The upgrade found the new version but only after I had to click on advanced options and select RC.

Its processing now so I am hoping it will upgrade OK.

Upgrade Failed.

OK so all was going well and went through steps to update files and backup old fiiles but the database update failed with the error message

[TECHNICAL ERROR - JAVASCRIPT Error detected for action"upgradeDb".Started restoration...

I rolled back to the previous version and it works OK, but a bit slow. I also had these errors turn up in the Version Comparison section of the upgrade module.

[TECHNICAL ERROR]Unable to check files for the installed PrestShop version

[TECHNICAL ERROR]Unable to enerate diff file list between 1.5.0.14 and 1.5.0.15

If somebody thinks this is a bug I will post in Forge. If there is an obvious fix I would be very happy for somebody to help with some advice.

• Like 1

I went ahead not knowing for the update module and uploaded all the new files (of course no backup of the old ones.. :D ) so I had to go with manual upgrade...

It gave me error 35 (you have to turn off the cache first) and then everything went just fine.

I continue to have problems with the cashing in the backend. Only the smarty cache is on and the latest Chrome and Mozilla have troubles displaying the correct page. Obviously very annoying when translating - just translated 20-30 rows and you go ahead to check how it's going together and when you go and translate few more rows the rows before are empty.

Have to refresh couple of times before translating new rows - annoying and slow. Chrome and Mozzila with cleared cache - doesn't help. Chrome incognito mode neither.

Posibble minor bug: translations of admin tabs in BO

I started working on translations of Back Office and it seems that no matter what language is set to default in Localization->Languages and My Preferences, the Admin Tabs names are always displayed for language ID 1 (english) from _tab_lang

RC2

Edited by scott_parker (see edit history)

I checked out the bug report PNM-168 and it say it was resolved in April but there is little information on what the fix is though it sounds like some code was changed.

My version of 1-click Upgrade is 0.6.1-dev and it says that there is an update on PrestaShop Addons to 0.6.1 but when I click the update button nothing happens. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and get the same dev version. I deleted the autoupgrade module from the modules folder and from the admin folder and tried to install again but get the same version.

Can anybody offer some advice on how to get 0.6.1 installed and I am not even sure this will solve the problem and let me do an upgrade.

Hi bit of a newbie to PS or should that noobie?

spent a couple of days trying to install RC2 on shared host. their internal support has given up.

running the installer on a clean install i get as far as "populate database tables" error message

There response was

You're on version 5.3 of PHP at the moment, and I don't see any issues on the install environment that look to be related to the failure you're having.

MySQL, in case they require it, is version 5.1.63

All assistance welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be a RC3 ?

As I am preparing a shop using 1.5, I really need some information on when I may expect the final or the next RC3.

At the moment, we do not plan to release an RC3 version. And the 1.5 final release should be imminent, if we do not encounter major issues.

• Like 2

I would like to know if there will be a script to upgrade just the DB only.... As my plan is to remodel my entire store using 1.5 but keep my existing DB.

My reason is that i have 3rd party add-ons that am sure work properly with 1.5 so i have made a decision to cut my loses and go with the fresh product.

So to that effect all i would need is a DB upgrade Script to bring my 1.4 DB to 1.5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am currently using v1.4.7.0 and would like to upgrade to v1.5 - how is this done?

I have tried autoupgrade but it tells me I have the latest version (1.4.7.0) already installed.

Paul

First you need to have the latest One click upgrade module v0.8.1, then in the upgrade section use the More options button in the upgrade area and choose major release and save.

You should now see 1.5.0.17 as the upgrade.

You can download the module if you are not up to date here.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/5496-autoupgrade.html

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help with this issue in trying to 1-click-upgrade from 1.4.7.0 to 1.5.

I am getting an error as follows:

Javascript error (parseISON) detected for action "updatingConfig".Starting restoration...

Thank you

Hi, I try the upgrade plugin, but no succes, too much probleme compatibility with my 1.4.8.2 and got error 500 with the same server configuration. I imake a fresh install of 1.5.1 and at the moment, I get no problem excepted the CSS style for FF 16 wich make the shop unexploitable see the picture attached upgrade151.jpg