Geolocation by IP - catalog not available

Greetings,

i have a problem which i can't solve by myself. I want to restrict access for my shop for all countries except Slovenia. I did everything exactly as described in the user manual, but when i refresh my page it states that I cannot place a new order from my country. Undefined. My IP is from Slovenia and all options are set to allow only slovenian IP full acces to my shop, but it just won't work. I tried all options. Only when Geolocation behavior for undefined countries is set to "All features available" it seems to work.. but that's not the option i'm looking for so it is not applicable.

At first it was working normal but suddenly (i didn't change any options) it stopped working.. the only thing i did was, that i created an .htaccess file. Does this have anything to do with this?

Can someone please help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance!

One more thing i figured out is the whitelist description in your instructions. It states the following:

At the bottom of the "Geolocation" sub-tab is the "Whitelist of IP address" section. It enables you to block specific IPs rather than blocking whole countries. It can be useful in case of spammers, bots or attacks. It is already filled with a list of known bad IPs. Add as many as needed, one per line, and click "Save".

But when you read the "bubble" in the prestashop Geolocation options it states:

You can add many IP addresses, these addresses will always be allowed to access your shop (e.g. Google bots IP)

Is it now blocking or allowing?

Regards,

Ludvik

Edited by ludvik (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thank you Benjamin,

So I suppose should look at those IP addresses to determine who is being whitelisted by default.

And go figure... I was just reading your post about php.ini ... very interesting!

http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/utilize-the-php-ini-file-to-optimize-your-ecommerce-store/

I am trying to sort through the many options for hosting and trying to balance cost vs. performance. If you have any links to the "best hosting options to maximize Prestashop performance", I'd love to see it..

And again, thanks for clearing this up. Much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I am just setting up the geolocation and followed the manual (extracted and copied certain file on FTP), so the geolocation can now be anabled.

The issue is, that I am allowing all countries to acces my page, however once I enable geolocation, my page just dosnt load. Once I disable geoloc, page is again working.

My settings in geoloc (when page is not working):

Geolocation: Enabled

1st option: Users see catalogue, but can not place order

2nd option: All functions enabled

Countries: all ticked

Could You please help me, because I was not able to find any similiar issue in existing discussions.

Thanks,

Jakub

• 1 year later...