Newsletter module and newsletter option in account signup missing

Hi all,

I am several months into prestashop now and have customised my store by purchasing a theme. The problem I am having is two-fold.

1. The newsletter module is missing from the from the front page. Now this seems to be because the theme discards the left and right hooks ( I think, as there is only one column on my site wwww.quercusandco.com). I read that it can only be hooked to either of these. Is there any easy way to place it somewhere else. Even on a CMS page? I have read on the forum about this and it seams a little tricky.

2. More importantly, The option to signup for a newsletter is missing from the account creation page. I have looked at all the obvious tpl files but dont know what to look for. Can you please tell me which .tpl or .php file to look for, the relevant code, or what might me blocking it if anything.

thanks,

Quercus

www.quercusandco.com/

Hi,

some more info:

the authentication.tpl file has this code:

{if isset($newsletter) && $newsletter}

<p class="checkbox">

<input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) && $smarty.post.newsletter == '1'}checked="checked"{/if}>

<label for="newsletter">{l s='Sign up for our newsletter'}</label>

</p>

<p class="checkbox">

<input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == '1'}checked="checked"{/if}>

<label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners'}</label>

</p>

{/if}

which seams to suggest the newsletter opt in check box should be there. However it is missing. And ofcourse both newsletter module are installed and I have reset them.

Please help figure this out.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue (2.).

I'm was looking in the code and I found that newsletter smarty variable is true if you have the blocknewsletter module active. So, you need to install this module (and also be active) to get this two checkbox in the user form.

Edited by cortsenc (see edit history)