Need Help for changing template

Dear Prestashoppers,
I'm newbie of PrestaShop and webmaster kind of stuffs. I interrested by PrestaShop for it's good looking and best functions. However, since i try to change my template to several referred templates, then my CATEGORIES are gone. I don't understand why, but when i turn to default template those Categories are back.
Is there somebody can help me ?
Thanks a lot for all your answers and suggestions.

6966_Sh1yxaF2WRBTIXkgZlba_t

hi dedemaira,

a few people have problems with categories not showing, there are a few suggestions on how to fix it on this forum but they dont seem to work for all people. May I suggest you try a different categories block with your new theme?, there are quite a few on this site and it may solve your problem, search for categories block and see how you get on.

here is one :
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/14186/modules/module_vertical_opening_categories_menu

All the best,
Cerberus22

I don't know why, it doesn't work for my presta, it is working creating categories menu, but when i choose sub menu, all of the menus item listed were gone... :((
Meanwhile i change to basic template all categories appears and all sub menu previews it's content. So...complicated....