El Patron

[TIP] Hosting IP Address and Search Engine Content Relevance

Did you know that search engines like Google will factor into your content relevance for .com .co .eu .us .net .biz .org and other regional or generic top level domains the IP address of your hosting provider?

For example if you URL is example.com but your primary sales are in Germany and you host in another country, your content relevance is less for your customers in Germany and you must compete in the same market as other Top Level Domains for relevance and keywords.

(It's a plan by the man to have you compete for relevance on a global scale, even if you present locally or regionally. Also try getting another IP address from your hosting, it's not like getting anther URL)

Solutions?

Keeping the same URL but configuring via Google webmaster tools(set geo targeting to a specific country). I don't advise this as it will affect your relevance outside your geo targeted country. Nor does there appear to be a way of turning it off once you commit the change or address the problem with other search engines that calculate host IP address in search relevance.

Use ccTLD's. Host IP address no longer a factor. de.yourdomain.url or anydomain.de.

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)

Hello elpatron, I'm actually in a situation where I have example.com hosted in France, it is a french shop with geo target set to france and dedicated IP with french flag supplied by hosting provider.

I would be interested to test your module, I was wondering if you could help us checking TLD's if needed along with google config to make sure we are fully optimised regarding this matter you pointing out ?

In a case we are well set up, would you still try to sell me the module or would you tell me you're ok your website don't need this module.

In the other hand, I would activate and install it with the example.fr ccTLD

Edited by Julien Mayeux (see edit history)

Well It's a free module I did not get that in the first place.

How to make sure we need this module ?

Hello elpatron, I'm actually in a situation where I have example.com hosted in France, it is a french shop with geo target set to france and dedicated IP with french flag supplied by hosting provider.

I would be interested to test your module, I was wondering if you could help us checking TLD's if needed along with google config to make sure we are fully optimised regarding this matter you pointing out ?

In a case we are well set up, would you still try to sell me the module or would you tell me you're ok your website don't need this module.

In the other hand, I would activate and install it with the example.fr ccTLD

Hi Julien, I'd be more than happy to review your url/cctld structure. Either pm me or use the contact on our site (that's best)

the free module (doesn't need testing ) can be found here:

http://www.etiendas....any-domain.html

I tend to over document things so you will find plenty of information at the module home.

Regards,

Fred

Edited by elpatron (see edit history)