Paypal module, Internal Server Error...

Hi there,

I'm very new in this forum and with Prestashop... We are excited with this extraordinary cart.

But i've found this recurrent error when i tryied to access in the frontstore the PayPal module :

===

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

= = =

and etcetera...I did have my PayPal account configured, and configured the PayPal module with the API info : username, password and signature...

ANy ideas ?

Many thaks in advance.

Ramon

Marty, i do appreciate your info.

as a matter of fact, i didn't know what sandbox is. I already do :blink: ... thanks.

but nope, i'm not in that mode. i do understand that mode is enabled from paypal... not prestashop.

So ... no, i don't have it in 'sandbox' mode :wacko:

what would be ?

thanks !

"Internal Server Error" usually means that a script spit out text before it was supposed to and normally suggests that PHP was called via CGI mode or something that behaves like that. An example would be where a syntax error or warning was spit out by PHP before the expected content headers. Whatever the cause, the source for this should show up in the server's error logs. It depends on your situation how you would access those but to solve this figure out how to view the Apache error logs and then trigger the error and look for the corresponding entrie(s).

My guess is that there is something like a missing library (so a missing PHP function) or code issue related to the PHP version installed that is triggering the original error that is leading to the Apache 500 error.

Cheers

excellent response...

although i'm not a web programmer, i have a little bit of knowledge in order to understand you are saying...

i'll try to look forward any miising PHP function, or something like that...

many thanks,

Ramon

What you are looking for is the Apache error log. In it will very likely be a line that looks something like this:

[some date] [error] [client some IP address] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /path/to/file on line 123, referer: http://some.site/somefile.php

Where the actual error in your case is what is triggering the "internal server error" in Apache (your web server). It depends on your server setup where the error log will be - could be in /var/log, /etc/httpd/logs, in the directory of the script, the root of your account or you may have to use a control panel option to get at them.

Since this is only happening with PayPal, it is something specific to that module. The most likely things would probably be encryption libraries or the socket functions (or Curl) that are needed for doing the IPN call back. The error log entries should clear that up.

If you do not know where the error log is, ask your web host support. Once you have that you should be able to solve the problem.

Cheers

i'm going to check it...

but, i really don't know if this information helps in any sense : i did installed OS Commerce, and worked fine !

Obviously, i don't want to use it because i already create my products database in Prestashop...

• 7 months later...

Hey,

It's been a long time since this topic was written but anyway i want to share solution for people who still experience this problem.

First of all, changing file permissions, solutions of my host nor clean install solved it but a magic touch to some .tpl file.

Just go to modules/paypal/views/templates/front/express_checkout/paypal.tpl and change the code

action="{$base_dir_ssl}modules/paypal/express_checkout/submit.php"

with

action="{$base_dir_ssl}index.php?fc=module&module=paypal&controller=expresscheckoutsubmit"

Hope it helps you too!

Edited by constantina (see edit history)