Hello everyone.

I want to introduce to my prestashop installation something called 'Crazy Sundays'.

That means for example that on every Sunday, a discount is created for all or selected products by a defined % automatically, without me having to sit down every sunday and activating it or setting it.

Any ideas or thoughts about this?

Cheers.

You could potentially do this by creating a class override for:

DiscountCore::getValue()

In that method there is a date check which if it fails, returns 0. My thinking is that you could add in a special case for any discounts you want to apply that are custom date based. You would define the discount in the backoffice without a date limitation but then within DiscountCore::getValue() you would add an exception based on either the discount ID, the name or something else that can be known in advance so as to treat the discount in a special way:

public function getValue($nb_discounts = 0, $order_total_products = 0, $shipping_fees = 0, $idCart = false, $useTax = true)
{
 // special case check for custom weekday specific discount
 i.e. if($this->id==1234 && (int)date("N")!=7) return 0;

// rest of standard code follows . . .
}

Cheers

This is a very interesting possibility. I will try this approach and see if it suits my needs. Howevere, this would mess up any other potential normal discounts apart from the sundays that i was planning. Maybe a module solution would be better. However, like i said, i will give this approach a try.

Many thx :)