How to add 'More Soon' or 'Out of Stock' label or banner to products in category

Hi All,

When customers are browsing products in each category of my shop, I'd like to be able to automatically show that a product is out of stock, without the customer having to go into each product individually, by either:

- showing text 'more soon' under products when viewing by category

OR

- add an 'out of stock' label, banner or overlay to a product image when viewing by category

OR

- by adding a 'more coming soon!' tag like the 'new' tag currently available, but position it

underneath the product title or price

This is a feature already found on alot of other sites, so wondering if anyone has been able to recreate successfully for their Prestashop site ???

Thanks for any help!! :-)

jhnstcks .... if you no idea how many hours I've spent searching looking for an answer to this!! So simple!!

Thanks so much!!

One last thing ... I have 'more soon!' now appearing where I want it, but how to I change to italic font and colour of font??

Thanks again! :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Actually i try it but not function

i need this function so is this code require any addition declaration in order to work

I put it in the product-list.tpl which is located in the theme folder but did not appear on out of stock product page

try please to clarify

many thanks

Actually i try it but not function

i need this function so is this code require any addition declaration in order to work

I put it in the product-list.tpl which is located in the theme folder but did not appear on out of stock product page

try please to clarify

many thanks

Did you turn on force compile and turn off cache on preferences>performance tab?

• 10 months later...

thx for sharing~

i have problem i'm ps 1.5.4.1 default template ps, i'm already disable display product in stock on preference and product menu, but when i was trying use search at FO, di product display with info Product in stock, i need disable that info " in stock "

how disable category products list -> in stock info

thx you

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/28/2012 at 9:27 AM, jhnstcks said:

Just need to add some styling html to the code, so something like

<p style="color:#FFFFFF; font-style:italic;">{if $product.quantity > 0}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}</p>

where should i add this please